Dev's broke Zerker class

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Xulore, May 2, 2013.

1. Mistatk Augur

One thing on the what class is harder of necro/bers. Some necros aren't very good at stacking all the dots and then using AA's and pets at same time, and then with a lot of practice they can get really good at it. With bers rooted/blinded mechanic, with most raids requiring a lot of constant movement, you just cant do it blinded/rooted, its not a skill factor, its more inline with if you were trying to play with your internet lagged out. You don't get better at being rooted. I've seen the post where the dev says basically if you don't like it don't use it, but any parse with a bers being in the ballpark of decent dps is using the rooted disc, so not being able to use it most places means they effectively cant dps properly most places.
    FatbukSlapmeat likes this.
  2. Xnao Augur

Playing a necro as a burst class is easier than playing a zerker. As in hitting all abilities and casting dots from highest damage per tick to lowest.

But maximizing dps as a necro requires predicting how long the mob will survive and timing your abilities and best dots to all wear off around the time the mob dies. As well as trying to get all your twins on so that you have 8-9 twincasts for the duration of your aas. If you predict wrong, your parse will be much lower than it could have been. It is a huge gamble and is also what xirtket was referring to when he said symphony.
  3. Zantarr the White Journeyman

Im sure most of you in this thread have never actually played a wizard before.....actually im betting on it , the high dps we do ..we cannot sustain , it costs alot of mana to keep up high dps and we go through that FAST, the "proc" that everyone is crying about has a very low chance of actually going off , i find it sooo funny that the wizards get a little damage boost , and you have everyone on here crying foul trying to get us nerfed , as i recall wizards are the highest DPS class as they should be , our dps was a joke till now , and we have been nerfed numerous times since i have been playing. So cry , whine and moan about your class thats fine , but leave my class out of it , i do massive damage in exchange for a dress and getting one rounded , you dont like it change your class or play a different game , this isint wow where everyone can do everything ~
  4. Gragas Augur

You would be wrong on none of us having never played a wizard, and we do a fine job getting one rounded ourselves. If you had just a wee bit of reading comprehension you would see none have called for nerfs (except maybe Bighitz) only to be competitive with our caster counterparts.
    Bighitz likes this.
  5. Brogett Augur

I agree not everyone should do everything, but don't believe that casters rule the one-rounded roost. Plenty of melee die to AoE rampage on things like Aarynar while you as a caster don't ever get hit by it. So I'd say melee die to one round hits far more often simply because we get hit far more often. Can we do massive damage in exchange for the danger we're in too then?

As for being underpowered "until now" - you go in cycles. You lacked in the last two expansions for sure and I supported a boost, although IMO this is too much as you're now also a sustained class. You know sometihng is broken when the necros start complaining about others beating them. lol
    Bighitz likes this.
  6. Slasher Augur

lol 1 rounded by what ? You avoid 90% of melee damage if not more. Are you seriously going to claim playing a wizard is more risky then playing a melee dps ?

You seriously going to claim you have mana issues ? Seriously ? A little damage boost ? You're bursting 25% ahead of the next class and you're competing with necros in sustained.

No where in the game has it ever said wizards are suppose to be the highest dps class or berserkers or necromancers or any class. Take the entitlement and find a new thread.
  7. Bighitz Augur

I have a wizard just shy of 4K AA, has all the new patch AAs (level 100). its easy, almost 2 button pust still and 1 spam button for force of ice / fire and 1 for force of will. Trust me wizard is the easiest class of all to play in this game (no pun intended).

My group geared wizard out DPSses my raid geared berserker by a good margin. And i haven't grouped with any berserker that can out dps me in a long grind...
  8. Bighitz Augur

Haha so true.. I love how some classes can just shamelessly ask for more power and actually truely believe its fair. Wizards cracked me up when they said that 200K spell and melee absorbsion is a bit low, necros got 1million...

Who said you can't have it all? - Berserker the poor mans class...

Motto of the Berserker class: Pure pain, no gain.

another unnamed class: Pure pleasure, no pressure

This might be my last reply, for some reason i am too edge when i post, so maybe i got a ban incoming.
  9. Slasher Augur

I guess a 100 5k AA wizard doesn't count as played a wizard.
  10. Tingain New Member

I'd be happy if they just weakened the dps mercs down to our level so we could get groups.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I like how you still think that a 200k rune usable once every 15 minutes and that fades in about 48 seconds worth of nuking is somehow an amazing defensive AA.
  12. Behelit Augur

compared to berserkers defensive aa.... your 200k rune is pretty amazing.

[37145] Uncanny Resilience
    Classes: BER/254
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Absorb Melee Damage: 40%, Max Per Hit: 1700, Total: 46000
    Text: You rely on your uncanny resilience.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Compared to getting kicked in the balls getting kicked in the face is pretty amazing too. But I wouldn't go around crying that the guy that got kicked in the face has an amazing advantage over me. We both just got beat the hell up.
  14. Behelit Augur

wanna trade then? cause my balls are sore and I'd like to have kids one day, who cares about a busted up face.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The women that you need to make the kids with care.
  16. Terraa New Member

Thousands of neurons firing neuroreceptors at hundreds of miles an hour between each other in the most convoluted game of Hot Potato known to mankind, and I still can't find the pun he's talking about. It's like an escalator to nowhere, or a fat robot. I cannot make rhyme nor reason out of this.

~Terraa
  17. Gladare Augur

An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.
  18. Hatsee Augur

When they break they eat people, so the signs do make sense.
  19. Gladare Augur

Someone takes stuff too seriously.
  20. Chopsuey Augur

Sounds like something Mitch Hedberg would have said.