Dev's broke Zerker class

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Xulore, May 2, 2013.

1. Gladare Augur

We have a winner!
  2. Adron New Member

Sooooo...did devs ever "fix" zerkers? Heh
  3. fransisco Augur

I'm surprised so many of you play berzerkers. Everyone in the class who posts here seems just plain miserable and hates the class.
    Its a game. Have fun.
  4. Adron New Member

For the most part, you're right..
    But most people are hoping the devs would have a bit more common sense as to what the berserker should be, what their trade offs should be, and finally how to balance this somewhat.
  5. Phrett Augur

Berserkers are relatively balanced right now, main concerns these days seems to revolve around their lower survivability compared to some other classes with the nasty rampages, etc, that come with modern raids.
  6. Slasher Augur

7. Adron New Member

So low on sustained, low on survivability...

Also the other most common issue is the reliance on too many support classes to reach our potential.

While I've read most of the posts lately. In my opinion it's not a huge problem for us to experience increases in our dps via other classes...I think the inherent problem is how much they increase zerker dps.

Solution? Decay epic click effectiveness (they're already doing it to the necro2.0) and decrease effectiveness of those adps spells (oh noes!) and increase zerker sustained dps overall. Why am I asking for a nerf to other classes buffs/epic clicks? Let's be honest...most shamans are NOT clicking their 2.0 for their own benefit; it's for their groups' benefit just like bards, etc. In my humble opinion...spell support is supposed to marginally help other classes do their jobs more effectively NOT define other classes for them. However, if those support buffs, in their current state, were meant for that particular class casting it...well then go ahead and make them self-only (remember yaulp/ranger selfonly buffs?). This solution does not ONLY apply to zerkers...but if i remember correctly, all other melee dps classes are suffering.

Let me get one thing straight...
    I don't think dps casters should be nerfed at all...however, raid mobs in General should be more or less susceptible to melee or spell types of dps requiring balanced raid makeup. This includes raid bosses and trash and normal group content. It's not very impressive to see 3 wiz groups face stomping all the content versus having more diversity...in my opinion...susceptibility should NOT mean that a wiz/mage/necro will sit there AFK, but rather more of his actual spell damage would get resisted. Same as mobs that are melee resistant...their AC should be high enough to where each swing does less damage, but it would still be worth it to swing cause you've just gotta do that.

This simple mechanic would fix a lot of problems for all the melee dps and even hybrids. Heck rangers and mages would have a field day with mobs that are weak to melee or spells and knowing which style of play is going to contribute more rather than pressing a macro that does a round of all their abilities for them.

Not to offend the devs, but I feel like lately they've been approaching content and the community/classes sorta backwards.

just my 2cp. I'm definitely open to criticisms...but I respectfully believe my suggestions are more than legit.
  8. Adron New Member

As for Surviveability...here's the truth...if we're reliant on shamans, bards, bst, ranger...then those people playing those other classes should just not be bad...they should be paying attention honestly...if they're being boxed, then all the more reason...the person boxing that class should not be selfish in watching his own health bars...or tell them to just not box.

But a berserker, by nature, will say screw my own wellbeing...i'm a freakin grinder on two legs...but if i die cause you didn't pay attention...then u got some s'plainin to do...

I've always imagined zerkers putting big crit numbers innately, and even bigger numbers sacrificing their own endurance AND HP to make that happen...perhaps a lifedrain (a certain % per 3 seconds of hp drained with increasing dps the lower the HP is of the zerker)

I think most zerkers are ok with sacrificing utility for the sake of putting high numbers...but one thing devs got right was throwing in some toys like the leaps and sprints...throw them a few more toys that may or may not really add dps but to make life more interesting for the zerker perhaps?
  9. Sinestra Augur

Or maybe you should be less selfish and box yourself so you can do the work instead of telling everyone else to do it? Be the change!

Honestly they should make Berserkers a lot less dependent on other classes.
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

Totally agree with this statement.
  11. Blaze69 New Member

We are not balanced right now compared to the other top dps classes aka rogues/monks/wizard and sometimes bsts/mages/necros depending on the fight. Especially with the "fix" to the crits they did recently that effected the only 2 melees that didn't need more dps we are now a firm 4th place on most overall dps charts behind wizards/monks/rogues assuming players who can max out the potential of their class, anyone can beat a lazy wizard/monk/rogue etc.

As the current raids stand with them being so long our good burst dps is almost useless with our sustained consistently 10kdps + behind a lot of other classes. This also applies to the group game who cares if we can own one mob really fast so can all the other dps classes to a slightly lesser degree except they have the greater sustained to make them more useful for the rest of the mobs that need killing.

The way to "fix" the zerker class would be to give us a hundred hands effect proc like monks/rogues have and to remove the blind from blinding fury and the root from frenzied resolve, as it stands now current raid design does not allow either of those skills to be used in a worthwhile fashion.
  12. Adron New Member

So let me get this straight...if I'm grouped with a shaman, with the assumption it's a main, not box....and he fails to heal me...i'm selfish cause i didn't bring my own shaman? I'm not sure you read what I posted correctly...what I had posted was the assumption that I'm already grouped with the adps classes...

Otherwise...if I find myself consistently shamanless, of course I'd box my own...

The only thing I agree with, that you've been redundant on was that we're far too dependant on other classes.
  13. Gragas Augur

They already nerfed our epic once to be timed instead of being extended by actually proccing.
    If anything, it needs to be "fixed" to be flagged to be extended in duration by AA's.
  14. RagePaw Augur

3 main problem areas that have never been addressed:

Sustained dps - I am constantly told by my wizard friends how they can sustain 40k dps in the group game with no support indefinitely, I struggle to maintain that dps level in the group game even with a bard and shammy.
    Reliance on others for dps ( I like teamwork to get that special peak burn, but too much dps is attributed to other classes for zerkers both in burn and in sustained)
    Suvivability - extremely weak, I can happily say we take hits worse than casters now.
  15. Badname0553. Elder

Zerker sustained does not need to go up. Wizards need to be returned back to a burst class rather than every other dps class being changed into something that has never been allowed before. Zerkers and melee in general could be less reliant on support which in turn would be a slight boost to sustained outside of raids.
  16. Brogett Augur

I hear you on ADPS classes not doing the job optimally, or clicking but all out of sync. Grrr!

However nerfing epic clicks etc in order to reduce reliance on others is only one solution. A more palatable one to the players is to direct where future upgrades come from. Instead of more AA to boost crit damage, extra flurries, the usual stuff, take a U-turn and *do* add innate HH procs to berserkers. Also add a mini-shaman epic proc to all pure melee too.

The effect? Sustained goes up and burst stays exactly where it was (as the genuine bst Fury line and Shaman epic click should always be better than our own innate procced versions). Second effect is that the difference between having a perfect group and not having a perfect group is lessened, so less reliance on others. All while nerfing no one and people being happy with changes.

Agreed. I'd also go as far to say that we should have less anti-melee stuff in game (hello 3x56k wild ramp from WK) to spread the problems around more evenly. We don't really have that big an advantage over casters on mitigation frankly, infact less given most of them have runes, yet we're in constant danger due to being close to the mob and by design we're always huddled together making targetted AEs worse.
  17. Gragas Augur

Necro epic changed when?

Don't touch the epic please, unless you give us something via AA to compensate for breaking something that is not broke, like the previous nerf to it.

Trying to make suggestions for improvements led to a crappy click on COTF breastplates.

Would I like to be less reliant on support, yes.

Do I think they will actually give berserkers a Thunderfoot/Massive Strike proc on frenzy? Would be nice but asking for a similar ability because 2 other pure melee classes have it makes no sense for whatever unknown reason to Elidroth.

Self proccing HHE effect for berserkers? Two other pure melee classes have them, and once again we get the tired, worn out, lazy response, Just because other classes have this ability you can not ask for it.

Common sense dictates balance will not be achieved for sustained if two other classes have innate abilities that contribute greatly to sustained and one class is neglected/left out/does not have similar abilities. Trying to constructively post/petition/beg to that point is like trying to negotiate with a wall or suicide bomber.
  18. Denhbers Elder

The obsession with forcing a class to root itself to realize their full DPS potential broke zerkers at their core. The way you have to activate frenzied garbage makes it even worse. I don't even bother looking at parses anymore.

Fury of Kolos line didn't help either.

The supposed "gains" we made during VoA are still a curse today.

Thank you developers for making this class so dependent on other classes + environment.

I still play because I can play for free. SOE will not receive another dime from me or my wife.
  19. Brogett Augur

This is flawed logic. Eg. Berserkers have superior critical hit rates compared to monks and rogues. Common sense dictates that balance will not be achieved while two classes are deliberately held back and cannot achieve the same critical hit rates.

Or putting it another way, if everything is optimal then it matters not how the numbers are constructed, only what the ultimately add up to.

But there is the sting in the tail; if you can add X amount of dps using method A and method B, but method A sucks when you don't have support while method B does not, then the "how the numbers are constructed" does matter. For that specific reason I'd definitely back berserkers getting HH procs.
  20. Langya Augur

This.....

You know, it was accepted back in the day that wizards were the dps kings, but other classes brought other things to the table. Plus silks had drawback of being fragile and very mana dependent. It all sort of worked out.

Not so true now. Content has relegated many utility abilities to the next to worthless category. These are the same utility skills that used to be balancing criteria to be counted as drawbacks against being too powerful. Wizards have maintained their dps edge but have lost most of their drawbacks. They stay relatively safe and can take damage as well or better than rogues and berserkers. Mana regen is really not much of an issue than it was back in the day, especially before "endurance" made melee dependent on a bar of stuff that is consumed. Blue or Yellow, once it is gone...that is it. Casters have many more options to regen it while melee, not so much. Casters also do not need groups that are of a composition of 50% or more support classes but you all know that.

Anyway, rogues do not need to scout as there are no crawl raids, certainly there are no traps or locks to fool with. Monks seldom if ever pull. Berserkers never had anything to offer other than dps, and some adps for the group. Wizards can at least teleport/evac. I can't think of an era in this game where robe classes have had it so good, in terms of everything. DPS, survivability, mana regen. Its all off the charts. Maybe this is just the pendulum swinging, since it was not so long ago people called the game Meleequest. Melee DPS still do some outstanding output, but I think we have to work much harder for it than a robe. That is the core of this.
    Aggememnon likes this.