Dev: Camp Rules on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by druidporta123, May 10, 2015.

1. Tornat Augur

If they want to lose money , people won't pay if they going to do that ..
  2. Jamz Augur

3. Jaxarale Journeyman

I would be very interested to hear this also
  4. vardune Augur

Yup i completely agree with this, i for one would have voted very differently.
    Tornat likes this.
  5. Glistarian Augur

Wow, I'd been looking forward to coming back (and paying a subscription fee) just for this server.

But there's absolutely no chance I'll do it while this policy is in place. None. This will definitely cost you money.
    Indrigoth and Tornat like this.
  6. Philphans Lorekeeper

Hahahahahaha. the vote was for most nostalgia... well there it is!
  7. vardune Augur

Yup, i guess u r right but back in the day u had policies that at least helped and classes that werent over powered.
  8. Aumdail New Member

I never post on boards, but i will today. DBG... you guys are just dumb. I was excited about this and also had plans to resubscribe. Not sure if I will or not. Really wanted to main a paladin, but you just limited me to SK/monk/mage if I want to be in a serious group. I cant hope to be in a named group for loot as a paladin if I have to dps race another group. What the hell man!
    Tornat likes this.
  9. Gleipnir Journeyman

Maybe we should allow things to play out first before we pronounce the end of the world?

Its entirely feasible that after a month or two of "raids" not groups camping named spawns and entire zones that either DBG changes their minds or the players naturally adapt to the new reality. If raid vs raid battles for a chance to roll for a FBSS against 35 other players isn't appealing that player leaves and you have 1 less person competing for a spawn, it drives anything but a RMT guild(and how profitible is it for 3-4 guys to spend thier plat farming time fighting for spawns constantly?) out of the most contested content for awhile and if players learn to accept its not worth showing up with a raid to compete with a raid already in place maybe raids become groups and the group camp starts to see respect again.
  10. Hateseeker Augur

Everyone that talks about now having to do mage just for group camps confirms that it's all about the loot, and that all this talk about taking it slow with 6 relaxing months of Classic wasn't real.
  11. Zewtastic New Member

I began in Sept. 98 in the EQ beta, and continued to play for about 6 years. So it's been a long time since I have been back.

I was kind of looking forward to this but I see economics is going to play a part and server support is going to be thin. So thin they are simply abandoning the prospect of dealing with sorting out play nice squabbles.

Magefire will be the wild west again, as it was back in 99, only this time the computers are 1000% more powerful, monitor desktop space vastly larger, dial-up phone lines are not limiting nerd-boxers, hacks and 3rd party tools abound, extensive quantification of all classes abilities, functions and gear is already known, and the bored toxic players of LoL and DotA millennials will flood the world.

It should be interesting, but probably not for your more casual player looking for a little of that old EQ nostalgia, as they will soon be over-run by hordes of Mage groups trying to power-level, power-camp, power-loot in a race to the bottom.

Early on in EQ life, everyone made druids, as they could easily kite multiple mobs like no other class, which was a fast track to levels, loot and a freedom from having to constantly hunt for groupage. That did not last long after SoE realized that easily 30% of the server was druids and they made a nerf.

I don't see any reason a change is going to be made regarding these decisions this time. It is more a low-level money grab that will be put in the corner on auto-pilot, with players left to fight it out in game and on the forums.

let the games begin. EQ1 ver 3.0
  12. Fallfyres Augur

------------------------

Movie review anyone? http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/05/film-review-mad-max-fury-road/

Starring irl extra's, hand selected from creants and misfits/err...I mean supposedly highly competitive MMO players on the EQ retro progression server reimagined as a walk down Norrath's memory lane, *nods. o_O
  13. Tarrin Augur

My time is not worth waiting for things to play out for a chance to see if things will maybe play out in an acceptable manner.

While I think the majority of the playerbase will be fine, it literally only takes 1 bad apple to ruin a bunch in this case. And when that bad apple knows there are 0 consequences, the apples will turn bad more often.
    Indrigoth and Tornat like this.
  14. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Have you ever been to an event that was standing room only? When you get there, you pick the best spot that you can find. Some people might have gotten there before you. They might have a better spot. They may have beaten you by only five minutes.

I am absolutely saying showing up five minutes before another group in LGuk should mean that other group shouldn't have the right to compete for those spawns. Nothing in life is like that. If you're late to anything of limited availability, you're out.

This server is standing room only right now. DPS racing makes absolutely no sense.
  15. Gleipnir Journeyman

Brotherhood of the Spider, renamed Blood of the Spider a couple of weeks after they returned from their ban and reformed. And It was Clan Icewind and another guild whose name I forget they were griefing at the time. The mindset was if we prevent other guilds from progressing we get to be server firsts for everything recruit from their playerbase for the best as player churn occurs and maintain their dominant position.(Its not a new thing guilds still do it constantly EQ just didn't have instances at the time so absent getting punished for the harassment it was in your guild's best interests to hold back everyone else reputation be damned if your guild is the only way to see the content as its released.

Believe they were also the first to wake the Sleeper, though they didn't realize it was a one time only server event at the time so did it to prevent someone else from beating them to it.
  16. Zewtastic New Member

I do remember in the early pre-nice days, having entire raids get blocked by a solo monk simply griefing. Tarrin is right, it will go bad fast, and it only takes 1 to block a 70 player raid.

it's not gonna take too many people to ruin lots of peoples raids, camps, quests, etc.

I can just imagine one griefer with a monk, training camps anywhere non-stop, easily wiping large complex raids, disrupting that complex quest target you have been waiting for.

It's not pvp, you can't kill him. He is free to disrupt as many players time as he likes, no penalty.

Sounds fun right?
  17. Gleipnir Journeyman

Thats just it I see alot more people worried about bad apples than bad apples on these forums and I expect if this playerbase stands up to the bad apples and petitions to report when the bad apples start behaving badly en mass as a guild things will be fine. But thats the optimist in me not necessarily the realist :)

FD training a raid is still griefing and harassment the Devs did not say they would be ignoring that.
  18. Zewtastic New Member

I actually got in on that first Sleeper awakening, it was not just bots, the guild I was in, Tindi Losi also had some members involved in that awakening, Merloc iirc and a few others. But that was so long ago...
  19. Zewtastic New Member

I don't think people realize there was no ventrilo or voip tools in those days. It was all text.
  20. Tarrin Augur

I think they are focusing on the bad apples, because it takes so few bad apples to disrupt the experience.
    Indrigoth likes this.