Decapitation

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Gragas, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Gragas Augur

Is the "Fix" ever going to be patched to live? I noticed it is not on the test update notes, but it is working in Beta?
  2. Zonoz New Member

Will be one of the extras in the next expansion
  3. Gragas Augur

Yeah kind of figured, not in October patch, November = New expansion. Sucks that they can not actually "hot patch" something beneficial instead of nerfs.
  4. Riou EQResource

There are changes to it in the test spell file that aren't on live, so maybe in the next patch this month?
  5. Saabber New Member

Yea, It would be nice if the put a hot fix out for it but i'm sure they have their hands full getting everything inline for the 19th expansion
  6. Chunk Elder

Still no "fix" with patch. What's the point of "fixing" an issue if it won't get implemented
  7. fransisco Augur

I thought they mentioned it would probably be going with expansion patch.
    Besides, new Expac is when it matters. Decapitation isn't about making a Ber do more damage/wanted in groups. Its about pharming xp.
  8. baramos123 Journeyman

It went live today, it was put on test last week but wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.
  9. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

I haven't seen it fire yet.
  10. baramos123 Journeyman

I just killed tonnes of stuff in Brell's Temple and I went and soloed Octa in fort mech for the hell of it and it was firing at a decent pace.
  11. Rtugok Developer

It went live with the patch. Rejoice, and sever heads.
    RekMMO likes this.
  12. Gragas Augur

Thank you code team, much love much love!
    Rtugok likes this.
  13. Chunk Elder

It's definately firing a decent amount. I tested it in several zones last night.
  14. Chain New Member

Oh nice. Thank you Rtugok
  15. Rebel New Member

I like it. Waiting on the crybabies now.
  16. silku Augur

Is it more like headshot now? Or still just a big hit?
  17. roth Augur

It is a big proc. "Just a big hit" would suggest that it did become like Assassinate or Headshot, but that is not what happened. It is a very big proc, that can proc on anything in the level range (unlike rogues and rangers, berserkers are not limited to mob types their ability fires on).

It does not seem to follow the same rules that weapon- and buff-based procs follow though. The closest thing to the way this buff works that I can think of is the shawl, though I don't know how closely it follows that example.
  18. Mrjon3s Augur

So how does this work with rip disc?
  19. Rtugok Developer

Last I tried it procced off of Riposte.
  20. Qulas Augur

Decapitation is currently working on all mob types, instead of just humanoids like Headshot and Assassinate do. Not sure if it was intended or not. Either way doesn't really matter.