Cya Everquest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elemental, Apr 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whulfgar Augur

If half you're population didn't cheat..

Yall wouldn't have downed anything.. or caught a ban..
    Wdor, Joules_Bianchi and Bigstomp like this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Anyone who plays eq for pvp.. only does so because they can't handle a real pvp dedicated game.

Eq pvp is thee worst pvp available for any genre right now.. period.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Arkanny Augur

someone call the waaaaaahmbulance!
  4. yukan Augur

This whole ordeal is really disheartening. The lack of dev comments and transparency especially. If this continues you're going to see tons of people quitting the game, and EQ doesn't exactly have a huge influx of new players. The vast majority of people using these 3rd party programs are people just looking to improve their QOL of in game play. Easier grouping, easier substitutes for low guild turnout on raids, ect.

It seems like this is a situation where a super small group of boy scouts on the server are complaining about the worst of the worst of third party programming users, which are also a super small minority. Meantime, the other half of people who use these programs without any harm to anyone at all are caught in the crossfire.

I estimate my guild has about 70-80 active real people in it, and very few do not box at all. If I had to guess we have 350-400 accounts total. I've encouraged everyone to cancel them as a form of protest until the suspensions end and have reached out to other guilds to encourage the same.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

won't someone think of the poor cheaters
    Wdor, Ozon, Raccoo and 4 others like this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The rules have been posted.

What Constitutes as Cheating?

This question has obviously been a hot topic lately with many wondering just what does constitute as cheating. Elaborating on our Knowledge Base article here, let's talk about third party cheating software. We do not allow the use of any third party programs that modify the game client or its memory data. Additionally, programs that automate movement or actions in the game are not allowed. Software that assists in allowing a few or less people to monopolize an area is not allowed. Using these types of programs will result in a suspension or a ban. Know that this is not a complete list of functionalities that can cause actions to be taken against your account and other accounts associated with it.

Regarding other activities that constitute as cheating, modifications of your computer or OS environment in an attempt to falsify or circumvent anti-cheat detection is not permitted. Any attempts to circumvent the detection will cause actions to be taken against the account and possibly other accounts associated with it. Furthermore, exploitation of bugs or game mechanics to gain a notably unfair advantage or that largely disrupt the game, its economy, or stability of the game is not permitted.

When it comes to reporting possible cheaters, know that our investigation process is a lengthy one. We prioritize gathering information and compiling evidence before suspensions and bans are levied. So, please do keep sending in reports to Customer Service, and rest assured, your report will be taken seriously.

Lastly, we will not publicly list specific names of approved third-party programs and software as we cannot guarantee that those programs will remain approved in the future.

Thank you for being a member of our community and for taking the time to read this.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/what-constitutes-as-cheating.281242/
  7. eqMath Journeyman

If you are cheating, you do harm the game. It's not about only using it for specific things that you think don't hurt anyone. It's about fairness. You like these programs because they provide some benefit to you. You go through extensive effort to set them up. Players who don't use them, don't have the advantage. Your characters can react faster than any human. You can write a script that plays for you in a better way than a real person. The accomplishments you make while cheating take away from the accomplishments of people who actually did these things without cheating. 350 tradeskills, exploring every zone, camping something that is rare for hours and hours without actually being at the computer. Winning a raid because you have a stand-in 6+ bot automated crew, when another guild had to call their raid off due to low numbers. The guilds that have integrity get fewer rewards and have to work harder to actually win things, and that's sad.

Even when the evidence against their being allowed is clear as day, you insist that you are right in using them, and that there are so many of you EQ couldn't possibly survive without you. Tell me, does that sound like the thinking of someone who actually cares about EQ, or a parasite?
  8. Bigstomp Augur

I agree EQ pvp is poorly balanced, but if EQ's particular flavour of pvp is what they enjoy, no reason to put them down for that.
    Joules_Bianchi and Aenvar like this.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

Notice this sentence in the post about cheating. It is pretty vague, and intentionally so. It means that DPG can change their stance on things like another 3rd party software that is, as of right now, allowed (though some of those users were caught in the suspend waves), keyboards that automate button pushing, software that automates button pushing/mouse clicking, etc. They can suspend/ban anyone for even perceived cheating if that person gets reported. It gives them a pretty broad brush to paint with and leaves the community still debating what constitutes cheating and what doesn't.
    Janakin likes this.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I tried playing on Zek server. What I found was like 75% of the payers were warping and wall hacking. Sod off with your I quit posts. You didn't quit, you were fired. Maybe, just MAYBE if Everquest management saw fit to actually break these game breaking programs there would be more than 9 alts in PoK on Zek right now.

Nothing, NOTHING does more harm to your server (and a substantial portion of other servers) than a rogue hacking behind you and a druid hacking Z axis.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

They are. Go read their forums and on their Discord.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

cos nobody in Panda Express uses software..... /boggle

something about a wallhacking rogue.....
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

I didn't think PDM existed on Zek anymore. If they do, they are a very thin shell of the powerhouse they used to be.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

The fact remains .. eq pvp (genre) or style has been replicated and mastered to a much higher degree then eq has ever thought possible by other titles..

Literally thee only reason people still use pvp in eq.. is because they know the ins and outs.. of the mechanics.. of said pvp .. rather then learn new ones from games who have mastered pvp..
  15. Whulfgar Augur

100% perfectly said.
  16. Cadira Augur

Such as?

I can't think of anything.
  17. Gormgeous Elder

The behavior changes a tool from allowed to not allowed.

I could use ISB to violate the "Software that assists in allowing a few or less people to monopolize an area" part. Make 40 mages, key broadcast pet attack and DD to monopolize a zone.
  18. Cadira Augur

You can run 40 mages on one computer?

I mean I guess you can set it up to work on multiple pcs but that'd be an insane amount of work. And even so much as moving 40 toons from one zone to another would be a nightmare. And how would you obtain 40 mages?

All of this would be way easier to accomplish with another program, which kind of makes it a redicous idea imo.
  19. Gormgeous Elder

Asking if I can run 40 is a deflection and makes me feel bad about my rig. You said you couldn't think of any. It could be 2 and you are key broadcasting to the same behavior and it'd still be using it in violation of the policy.
    Vumad likes this.
  20. Cadira Augur

True but what is your point? I could take a 120 toon to a noobie zone and slaughter the entire area, keeping it on lockdown so no low level players could experience in the area.

....all without the use of ISB, same violation.

I could take 5 of my friends and ruin someone's day by going to their specific camp after a specific aug or something and camp on top of them, out dpsing them and stealing their mobs.

...all without the use of ISB, same violation.

So what can ISB actually and specifically be used for that violates eq's policy?
    Tarvas, Go Take A Nap, yukan and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.