Cya Everquest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elemental, Apr 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elemental Augur

Canceled 9 of my accounts today.
    14.99 X 9 = 134.91 per month X 12 months = 1,618.92
    34.99 X 9 = 314.91
    Total Revenue loss = 1,933.82

If you want to suspend half of my server then you can at least do something to increase the population of our server, or at least make a genuine attempt at it. You hold GM events on the Blue servers yet we receive no GM events on Zek. It has been up to the players of Zek to single handedly take on this burden of trying to create a server with any bit of a healthy population. You want to neglect our server and come and wipe away half our player base then you can deal with the consequences of loosing out players who actively subscribe 6+ accounts at once.
  2. Speak With Wallet New Member

Same.

Canceling 6 accounts. Played this game for years the way I enjoy playing bothering no one. Would go out of my way to help and not impede anyone's gameplay.

Hope you guys bring in lots of new customers and not die on this hill you guys call "cheating".
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Womp Womp!
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  4. Roirraw New Member

It was server-wide, and they're randomly selecting people from a pool. It wasn't personal or directed at your server.

They're trying to walk a fine line between appeasing people complaining about multi-boxers and not losing too many accounts from those same boxers. I heard they're doing 7days regardless of how many times the person has been suspended so they don't actually care.
  5. Duder Augur

Pandemonium wins again!
    Leex, Covennx and Leigo like this.
  6. Cadira Augur

Thank God.
  7. Febb Augur

Damn, the last 2 people playing on Zek quit!
    Bobbybick, Sokon, Fenthen and 7 others like this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Funny how if you don't cheat with various programs, you don't get suspended!
  9. minimind The Village Idiot

Did they just suspend them for no reason?
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

What Constitutes as Cheating?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/what-constitutes-as-cheating.281242/
    Wdor and Chikkin like this.
  11. Random Healer New Member

Lots of people got suspended on accounts that havent been logged in in months. I personally had two accounts suspended. They were previously suspended in January but have literally done nothing after that other than afk in POK the last couple of days. Lots of people in my server stopped cheating after the banwaves in January and still got suspended again. It feels like they are using a very old list and people who stopped cheating are getting punished for things they've already been punished for.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Ah, so the shiny new tactic has arrived: the old list.

Let's continue to obfuscate, equivocate, conflate, and confuse.
    Wdor likes this.
  13. theonepercent Augur

I feel like the last time something this big went out it was for using VMs and there were tons of false positives.
    NameAlreadyInUse and Fenthen like this.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

QFT.

Time for Darkpaw to threaten legal action against cheat software developers and web hosts. Even the cheat developers are imploring the kids to eat their 7 day suspensions and not make a scene at this point.
    Wdor, Bigstomp and Leex like this.
  15. minimind The Village Idiot

OK. So you got suspended on an account and then upon returning from suspension, logged in, and were 100% idle in the PoK for a couple days. And then were suspended again?

Did you have any disallowed programs running? Did you still have them installed?
    Wdor, Raccoo and Benito like this.
  16. Roguexx Journeyman

Let's be honest. EQ has a long history of having collateral damage in mass ban/suspension waves. Remember the mass ban waves for warping? Yeah, tons of people got banned for that who never warped...so much so that they had to reverse the ban on hundreds of accounts. Blanket using an automated system to ban/suspend is always going to hit some innocent people, even if not everyone hit is innocent.
    NameAlreadyInUse and Fenthen like this.
  17. Bernel Augur

Unfortunately, no can really know if someone else stopped cheating or not. Even if they didn't cheat on your server, they may have been doing stuff on other servers. Certainly EQ may have gotten things wrong, but the benefits of something like 3rd party software can be hard to give up. I wouldn't be surprised if people are still trying to use it in some way even if not as much as before.
    Wdor and minimind like this.
  18. menown Augur

Have they tried uninstalling 3rd party software from their machines yet? Would see better results to their addiction problems that way.
    Wdor, Chikkin, Joules_Bianchi and 5 others like this.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

And you know this...how?
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It’s a rhetorical point.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.