Cya Everquest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elemental, Apr 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

What do you not understand about this:
    CM has permission from leadership. Employees represent the company and they are empowered to speak and act on behalf of the company.

The TOS is not the U.S. Constitution. LOL. You are expecting inviolable rights, when - in reality - this is a private business. When one disagrees with a private business, you apply the principles of the free market.

If you are unhappy with how the game is run, the door is that way.
    Elyssanda and MooseUhLeany like this.
  2. Eangel Elder

Terms of service (also known as terms of use and terms and conditions, commonly abbreviated as TOS or ToS, ToU or T&C) are the legal agreements between a service provider and a person who wants to use that service.

I never said it was the constitution or made that comparison, but nice try.( Are we even reading the same thread here?)
    "CM has permission from leadership. Employees represent the company and they are empowered to speak and act on behalf of the company." - Feel free to cite other examples where CMs are directly contradicting company policy.
    MacDubh likes this.
  3. Gormgeous Elder

I'm pretty happy with 7 day suspensions for single characters every once a month or so.

You and a couple others on here really seem upset though and are calling for prison servers and banning everyone. As you said, the door is that way.
    MacDubh and Eangel like this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You are free to sue Daybreak to test your theory. LOL.
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  5. Eangel Elder

That wasn't a theory, that was the definition of the term. Might be worth researching the subjects you are debating before, you know, trying to debate them.

Again, thanks for permission.
    MacDubh likes this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Your legal argument rests on theory that this clause has no bearing:
    Additionally, it is as if you are espousing profound, new theory of business law where caveat emptor (buyer beware) does not exist. I would like to see your credentials in this field.
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  7. Eangel Elder

Could you show me where I was arguing legalities? I educated you on what a TOS was by definition. I was arguing your misuse of your quote.
    Reserving the right to modify does imply that it would be modified, not that someone can make a post which would constitute as an official change when the actual TOS was not changed.
  8. Tappin Augur

I think you are just missing the point. Many people use 3rd party software as form of box assist. For those people, EQ is just not worth playing otherwise.

You are under estimating how many people use these types of programs. And who really cares the ToS anyways? It's something almost no one reads and is forced to click and only legal binding in a small subset of its' original intention.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You are 100% free to take legal action against Daybreak.

Apparently, 15 minutes on Google has you well-versed in business law. Be sure to outline your legal theory with an attorney who charges a reasonable rate.
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  10. Chikkin Augur

Wow. It's back to this?

Perhaps DPG should do some surveys either on site, or in game, or through email to registered users, etc.

Surveys and voting and accounts can all be manipulated as well, of course .. just like real world elections some would say, but it would at least show very rough percentages on how many people feel about each issue.

I'm convinced based on the number of PVP'ers in the past on EQ, and hearing it repeatedly in these forums, that the TLP PvP people are a small amount, but very vocal player base wanting their own TLP.

^^ but it's just an assumption.

So like that, I wonder how many people would like to see more boxing friendly, or merc friendly, or solo-friendly or whatever else options are out there.

How does the very old Burger King song go?

Hold the pickle,
    Hold the lettuce,
    Special Order,
    Don"t Upset Us.

Along with "Have it Your Way" (c)
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Eangel wants Daybreak to enforce TOS and ban all 3rd party software (including ISB).

It would be absolutely hilarious if Daybreak takes Eangel's legal threat seriously and bans all 3rd party software effective immediately.
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  12. Eangel Elder

Again, show me where I was arguing legalities. Oh, we need to have credentials before talking about this subject? I think I missed yours as well, how odd.
    You keep taking pop shots like you are grasping as straws trying to get the winning one, I'm sorry if I touched a nerve and my sincerest apologies if I triggered you with some definitions. I assumed educating you on word usage might help, though.

"Eangel wants Daybreak to enforce TOS like the U.S. Constitution and ban all 3rd party software (including ISB)." - Could you go ahead and show us all where I said that?
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You are upset that Daybreak is not enforcing TOS to the letter. Well, TOS - in essence - bans all 3rd party software.

Instead of facing a lawsuit, Daybreak would much more quickly enforce a policy that bans all 3rd party software immediately to align with TOS (cause - as you say - it's not being enforced to the letter).
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  14. Eangel Elder

Still can't show us all where I said that, got it.
  15. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Benito loves putting words in people's mouths to try to support his arguments. It is really bizarre behavior honestly, best to just ignore.
    AustinFlowers likes this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It is the logical conclusion of your argument.

Either, Daybreak enforces TOS (its current form bans 3rd party software) to the letter.

Or, Daybreak faces a legal threat because it TOS is not being enforced to the letter (no 3rd party software permitted).
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  17. Accendo Guest

Due to be derailed, this is now locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.