Current XP Rates

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Balorf, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Rhodz Augur

Answered that already
  2. Rhodz Augur

Nope just my permission to charge the card is all.
    I've a feeling no matter what they do a certain personality type will defend it to the very last player.
  3. Rhiyannon Augur

i was playing a different older game in 99, so nope never experienced that slow exp, nor have i ever played p99. i would have been happy with the same speeds, especially with the shortned time frames, as rage/lock. not shorter timeframe/slower exp.
  4. Healiez Augur

So what exp rate do you feel is appropraite... Break it down.

How long should each level take from.
    1-10
    11-20
    21-30
    31-40
    41-50
    51-55
    56-60

Also how long should 1-60 take total?

Im legit curious how long you think it should take.
  5. Trevalon Augur

So, let me get this straight...

People asked for an old school EQ feeling server...that has instanced raiding...

Holy toledo Batman, the joker is at it again!
  6. Hype New Member

This is based on my current leveling rate (1-41)

1-10 10 hours
    11-20 15 hours
    21-30 15 hours
    31-40 20 hours
    41-50 30 hours (assuming)
    51-55 30 hours (assuming)
    56-60 40 hours (assuming)

total 1-60 leveling time: 160 hours
  7. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Alright so if you add an additional 40 hours for looking for groups and running around/exploring/doing quests/whatever that's about 200 hours for 1-60. That is really not all that bad.
  8. Healiez Augur

Also those numbers seem very much on the slow side....

you can do 1-10 in about 2-3 hours, then 11-20 in another 4-5....

Again my rogue is 24 with 9 hours played
  9. Trevalon Augur

The only way your doing those kind of exp numbers is if your twinked out and being plvl'd.

I know this because I am currently powerleveling alts and have a similar played time, but I have a few 60's following me around making sure mobs die very fast.

No "normal" player is going to level that fast...
  10. Ultrazen Augur

That's the equivalent of 5 weeks on a full time job.....on a 3 month unlock schedule. This doesn't even include doing anything at 60 like...raids, epics, etc. By the time you try to fit all that stuff in, you're easily at 400 hours...that's 10 weeks on a full time job...out of 3 months unlock. Do you people do *anything* else besides play eq? lol.

Combined with sleeping, that means you think it's ok for people to spend 1072 hours, out of the 2016 available, either playing EQ or sleeping.....yah.

2016 total hours available, 672 spent sleeping, leaving 1344 hours. This means you are spending 30% of your waking hours playing EQ..... 30% of your waking hours spent doing something isn't a hobby, or entertainment, it's addiction.

/shrug. It's not like lockjaw or ragefire are blindingly fast. All it's going to do is drive people off, at least it did me. I love everything about Phin, except for the exp rate, it literally puts me to sleep every time I try and grind exp there. How many freaking dry bone skeletons do you need to kill with your one nuke or ability?
    Fizzle and Risiko like this.
  11. Zhuge Liang New Member

I thought about this too, have a server with fast unlocks and slow exp for all the try-hards, and another with faster exp and slower unlocks, for people who just wanna play the game without constantly racing/competing.

The problem with this is that the hardcore folks need the casuals to feed off for their RMT, so most of the hardcores would roll on the casual server anyway, after a while.
  12. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

No, the problem with this is that too many servers will most likely mean they will all be low pop.
  13. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

You can math wizard all you want. 200 hours in 252 days(3 expansions) is more than enough for anyone to get to 60. Again, i'm really sorry if you expected to put in 2 hours a night and manage to get 60 in 2 weeks, do your epic, do sidequests, raid, do tradeskills. That is just not realistic. I've said the same thing in the previous XP rate thread. Fact of the matter is if you cannot catch up with the current rates, something else down the line is going to block you due to your time constraints. Either it's going to be keying for some raid zone, required AA's to be an efficient raider, or some group gear you'll need to farm. If you have less than a given amount of time to dedicate to the game, you're going to be late. And guess what, THAT IS TOTALLY FINE. It is ok to play at your own pace, raid an expansion behind, not be best in slot for your whole character, not be AA capped. You guys are basically asking for the exp grind to be alleviated because you can't do it so you can do all those things, yet you won't have time to do them either! What's next after that? Ask for raids to take less than 30 mins because you have to go back to work at your 100 hours a week job at the widget factory?
  14. Sinzz Augur

decent pulling groups exp has always been 4 hrs per level average from 1 thru 60 that's taking what it took me from 1 thru 60 and dividing that by the levels averaging it out. of course lower levels were faster and higher levels were slower however I seem to distinctly remember higher levels(within 5 levels of max) being 6-8 hrs. not blazing fast exp but was good enough that usually I was getting a level a night. higher levels
    in 2001 it took me 21 hr's quad kiting bb dwarfs on druid non stop to get 49 hell level and that was dwarves at docks and dwarves at the other camp before they added in the goblins there.
    not sure how curve works but I have always noticed when you get within ten levels of max exp slows down big time.
  15. Kiani Augur

The problem with having multiple servers doing different stuff is the RF/LF problem.... Lockjaw knew they'd be slower than Ragefire to unlock expansions, but they still don't like it and a lot of them are complaining about not having Velious yet, and quite a few of them have moved to RF too.

Multiple servers doing different things will still have people whining that they want things like the other server....
  16. Fizzle Augur

You guys are everyone's heros, able to go 1 - 20 in 8 hours. Nobody is impressed. My guess is you're disabled, on EI, or retired or something with not much else to do but play eq. The XP rate IS slow. It was much slower back in the day but its still pretty damn slow for anyone that works and does other stuff outside of a video game. Making you play longer to sustain a subscription and DB gets to sell you Potions and such, that is why its slow. After a few TLPs they have learned how to milk. im afraid for AA especially with accelerated unlock
  17. Korillo Augur

XP could be better, I would agree with that. Especially coming off the heels of 2 and a half weeks of a 170% bonus.

That being said, we have 6 separate guilds who have killed Phara'Dar in Era 1 month into Kunark. 15 separate guilds who have killed trakanon (14 of them farming it - 1 of them no longer exists). There are a lot of guilds on this server with a pretty healthy amount of players. They are finding ways to get things done, so the xp can't be so bad that it is dissuading that many players to pack it in.

This appears to me to be the healthiest TLP the game has ever seen. It's still early so whether it stays that way or not is unclear, but it certainly doesn't look like the lower exp rate is as big of an issue as some of you seem to be making it out to be.
    Pikallo likes this.
  18. Pikallo Augur

I agree and this seems to be the most logical stance on the XP rates from any reasonable person. Of course it would be nice to be a bit faster and more alt-friendly. But purely based on the current status of the server, it wouldn't appear to an outsider there is much of an issue with the XP rate.

Personally, I feel like the 170% rate felt right about where it should be and would love to see that permanent, but since it will not likely happen, I'm just plugging away on a few alts at a slower pace.
  19. Risiko Augur

Last night I was in a group in Sebelis at the Disco camp on my level 50 wizard. I popped a 25% experience potion when we started. 4 hours later when the experience potion wore off, I had made 60% of a level. 4 hours for 60% at level 50. Take 25% off of that, and you get 45% of a level at level 50 in 4 hours.

That means that it should take 8-9 hours to get from level 50 to 51 in a good group in a good camp for that level. For the average gamer that has 2 hours a night to play at most, that means it will take a little over 1 week to get 1 level post level 50.

That's pretty bad in my opinion.

Now I imagine if I was in a top tier guild on the server, had raid gear on, and the content was essentially trivial at best to me, it would go much much faster. But, the average gamer is not named Squeesh.
  20. malaki Augur

I would like to point out that your math is incorrect and that if you made 60 percent with a 25 percent pot in 4 hours you'd have made 48 percent without it, not 45. 60 is 125 percent of 48.