Current XP Rates

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Balorf, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Goodnews Augur

Slow xp exacerbates the differences between gamer types. Casual, semi, hardcore and ofcourse the addicts.
    Addicts and hardcore w/ income to spend on the game will mitigate the xp grind through multiple accounts, powerleveling, twinking, etc. They enjoy feeling like they have an advantage or are otherwise not affected like casuals are. It also helps if they can feel like they've "earned it".
    Casual, nostalgia players don't do this for the most part. Once the population takes a nose dive and its hard to get groups and you're seeing people pl'ing, asking for it, paying for it, anons who ignore you.. it all begins to add up and tells this kind of player: you do not belong here, you don't want to be here, this is not fun. Take your money elsewhere.
    Rhiyannon and Rhodz like this.
  2. Rhodz Augur

Close to classic???
    So whats the deal with instancing and the DB store????
    DB claims the slow xp was to make the server better.
    And yet they will "sell" you xp-pots to make it faster... yeah right.
    Want to level slowly heck man you can go right ahead with blessings but some of us have other things to do inside and outside of the game besides always trying to keep-up/catch-up/grind the levels and AA coming this way very soon.
  3. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Yes, there is very little to do in Everquest during the Kunark ERA. If you disagree with me, please point me to what there is I can do with my time because I've ran out of things to do.
  4. Healiez Augur

This is very true.

except for like 2-3 items from VP my shaman is done, all there is to do until velious rading is alts. After that is AA so there will be something to do there.

All rushing to 60 does is start a different type of grind, which is getting gear, and honestly that does not take that long.
  5. Brumski Augur

6. Finchy Augur

what i'm telling you is games that push content too fast, like the ones i previously listed don't last. You say after alts, and doing everything you take a break but they will come back...out of all the games i mentioned i never got a second wind to go back to them, ever. i maxed several toons out over a short period, and moved on because the content was too fast, and not enough. In EQ i've come back to this game time and time again. This is the one and only game i've ever "taken a break from" and came back.

your right, you want acknowledgement for slow lvling players? It's simple. There are a ton of MMOs out there. There is everything from EQ to WoW and everything in between. If a person finds themselves on a severe time restriction they need to find a game that is fast past and allows them to lvl and gear quickly so they can join in on the end game. A game like EQ is "too big" for them if they have those types of restrictions, it's not a knock at that person or the game, it just simply isn't the game for them.

I've played enough of the EQ content to know where the best lvling places are. As you said i've made friends in this game, and I talk with these friends and make groups and burn through the lvls very quickly. A lot of people don't realize the skill gap in this game, they say "this game is easy, as a melee you just spam 2 buttons and thats it, anyone can do it". Sure anyone can do it, but to have a chanter that knows how to gear themselves to take dmg from their pet when it breaks and resists mez the first or even second time, or a cleric that knows how to watch a tanks health and can maximize their mana and CH at low health and keep the tank safe, the pullers ability to know how fast their group can kill a mob, and how far the next mob is away, and how pathing in that area is so they can always have a mob in camp so there is absolutely no down time while killing. These are some of the things a lot of people don't think about, so when they group their time is not as efficient as it can be therefore they lose a ton of time. This makes them think "damn...the xp rate on this server sucks i don't have time for this i'm out".

I was the second to last officer in our guild to hit 60, yet we still have 2 months left on kunark....even if i only played 15 hours a week for the next 2 months i'll complete everything that is kunark.
  7. Finchy Augur

it's called setting specific goals and accomplishing them 1 by 1. If i didn't focus on lvling, or doing a certain quest and mixed all that crap together like exp for 2 hours, go wait for this spawn for 4 hours, and not get that spawn not only did i not maximize by exp time while online, i wasted 4 hours at a camp waiting for a mob that didn't spawn. If i would have spent 6 hours grinding exp I would have benefited a lot more. Lvling first is 9/10 the best method for having time to complete the rest of the content always has been always will be. So yes, there is correlation between exp and doing "everything". It's all about those specific goals and efficiency of completing them.
  8. Healiez Augur

Another thing worth noting. With the 170% exp I was easily outpacing skillups. I think at 23 my backstab was something like 108/140...

Some people don't see this as a problem but it is an annoyance of super fast leveling. Casting skills are even worse
  9. Rhodz Augur

Out of all that you center on this... ok

Shewesh not knowing what you like to do all I can offer were my plans before finding out this thing was borked.
    I wanted to have time to raise a useful TS, this time JC as I had never done it and as usefulness goes it is pretty solid for a good while. Cant do that dealing with two and three times the kills it should take to keep up. I wanted to do some raiding some questing and maybe help some folks along the way that I find deserving. Again no time to do that when it's all bash and smash to get a bar to move a bit.

Seems you like killing mobs with no xp gain so whats stopping you?
    I mean you claim thats where the fun resides so go do it and take your own advice of not worrying about the xp bar let the rest of us with less time do what we wish. In short play your game as I would love to play mine.

Grinding is what you do to enable yourself to do other things, not the end in itself though feel free.
  10. Trevalon Augur

1 - I also, dont know if I agree with this...105 is pretty easy to get...
    2 - Phinny is the absolute epitome of a non 1999 server. It has instances for crying out loud, clearly it isn't try to emulate anything close to 1999 lol.
    3 - P99 is now sanctioned by DBG and is completely legal to play on, if you want terrible exp rates and a 1999 experience, then go play there, otherwise nothing about Phinigel is close to 1999.

It is just dumb that exp is this slow - attrition is the biggest problem with the TLPs and if new people cannot level up in a decent amount of time they will not start on this server and it will end up dying.
    Rhodz likes this.
  11. Rhodz Augur

So die until its the pace you want good grief. But no thats too dang easy aint it.

All my skills are maxed, well casting is as Im playing an Enc. I never had any problem with a Monk on RF that has a heck of lot more skills than a rogue thats for sure with about the same xp rate as this mess with the bonus.

Are people really this dense?
  12. Ridin New Member

Characters created after April 1st look like they aren't receiving the xp bonus, but existing ones are. Tested this between my new Iksar necro and an existing monk (L33)
  13. Healiez Augur

I really don't see how 4-5 hour levels 51-55 and 4-6 56-60 are a problem. I can do a level every 1-2 hours up until around 40... That is plenty fast...

Or do you just want to look at a group of mobs and get 2-3 levels?

By your die Until it's the pace you want logic mobs should give 1 level a kill, to fast? Die if you want it slower

I'm also convinced the exp will never be fast enough based on the constant whining
  14. Rhiyannon Augur

for me as a 51 shammie, pugs suck, with my disability grinding my way up to that hurt. I'm not going to do it again on an alt with the slow xp. I'm having a hard time justifying the pain vs xp ratio to try and get 60 with the slow xp on my main, while achieving everything else that a guild wants if you want to raid. frankly it sucks, that's just my personal experience, hence me seriously rethinking resubbing.
    Rhodz likes this.
  15. Rhodz Augur

Emphasis added

Good post BTW, nice thinking process.
    Just wanted to add the portion of players that like an empty server which will basicly be a subset of the hardcore/addict group love it.
    True the server seems healthy but those of us with enough MMOs under our belt know better. The server will lose players that know this game and could contribute massively but dont have 3 hours every dam day from now on to put into mindless boring grinding.
  16. Rhodz Augur

Then your thinking is very twisted to come to that conclusion.
    There were NO valid calls for a reduced xp server before Phinny, none.
    No uproar demanding it, no long threads supporting it.
    So where were you guys BEFORE the server opened????

There wasnt even the slightest hint from DB that it would even be a reduced xp server, not a one.
    So where was that anyway? Sure did toss around everything else a plenty like instancing and mob spawn so where was this?

This is just common everyday poor game management.
    SSDD
  17. Risiko Augur

Right off the bat, going to admit I didn't read all 5 pages of this thread. TL;DR.

All I got to say about this topic is that there are many factors that determine YOUR point of view of the experience rate on this server:
    • What class you play
    • How many real life friends you play with on a regular basis
    • How over-geared you are
    • How much real world money you put in to the game (aka potions)
    No two people are going to come to these forums, and have the exact same experience in Everquest. It just isn't possible because of these factors. Try to keep that in mind when you come here and bash someone for leveling slower than it took you.
    Lets take this one at a time.
    1. What class you play. This is a huge factor because to be perfectly honest, there are only so many classes that a group actually needs and/or wants.
    The first tier classes are:
    • Cleric
    • Enchanter
    • Warrior.
    The second tier is:
    • Shaman
    • Druid
    • Bard
    • Shadowknight
    • Mage
    • Monk
    The third tier is:
    • Ranger
    • Necromancer
    • Paladin
    The fourth tier is:
    • Rogue
    • Wizard
    If you play a first tier character, you probably think that leveling on this server is down right easy. If you are in the second tier, you probably felt some pain, but not enough to really care. If you are in the 3rd and 4th tier classes, you probably hate the living hell out of the experience rate on this server. Of course there are exceptions to that rule, and that comes up in the next part.
    2. How many real life friends you play with on a regular basis
    3. How over-geared you are
    We are going to look at number 2 and 3 together because they factor in just about equally. A lot of times you see people in the top tier guilds on the server commenting that leveling is easy on this server and that anybody that has issue with it should "learn to play". The fact is that it IS easy when you are geared to the teeth and have a ready made experience group ready for you to play with in the best experience camps in the game every time you login. You 2%'ers have what us other 98% call an "unfair advantage". You never have issue getting a group. You never have issue getting a camp. You never have issue getting the Best In Slot gear. And, anytime anything goes wrong, you always have the man power to fix it immediately. Nothing will ever be too hard for you. These are the people playing completely undesirable classes like Wizards at level 60 with all best in slot gear that can't fathom why other wizards can't get a group because their buddies dragged them through every level like a baby sucking on it's momma's teet.
    4.How much real world money you put in to the game (aka potions)
    This is a factor in how you view the experience rate on the server. It's not a huge factor, but it is a factor. For those people that have endless real world money to spend on the game, they are always at 25% more experience per kill thanks to experience potions. They also have Mana Regen, Health Regen and SoW pots rolling most of the time, so the game is just that much more trivial for them.
    TL;DR version:
    The perception of experience gain on this server is not equal among all players, and there are many factors that apply to coming up with that perception. For some, it is slow. For some it is fast.
    Conscript, Rhiyannon and Rhodz like this.
  18. Rhodz Augur

I would only add that more than class is where you are in life, do you have LARGE amounts of time AND easily entertained? Then you most likely have no issue with it. Frankly nether applies to, I would almost say most players but of course Ive no way of knowing only what I see in chat and who is never seen in chat any longer.

Excellent points BTW h/t to ya
  19. Rhodz Augur

There are a lot of reasons and this is a one very good one. People forget a couple of hours is all some folks can be online on a non optional basis for a variety of reasons. You have our support and hope this is fixed as little as that may be.
  20. Rhodz Augur