CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Maedhros High King

Thanks for the tips bud.
    Fenthen and Robnie like this.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

I don't take damage from the add. I take damage from the Crusader, even when trying to stay at max melee range, or being on the other side of the Crusader. It usually comes in the form of getting smacked 3x times for 50k+ damage a hit from the Crusader. If I move into its rear arc again, I don't get hit. It only happens when I have moved up to engage the add.
  3. Maedhros High King

Oh I remember now, you're the guy that was trying to flex about tanking Griklor, the easiest raid in 10 years, with your 2hander out and getting a top 5 or something on an undead mob on the same parse.
    Yes I am aware that using dex augs in the group game is awesome, but in the raid game, your dex renders you a far weaker tank since none of that dex does a thing defensively in raids. Sure on easy raids like there have been for the last 2 expansions you can get away with it, but you're still playing a tank class as a glass canon on raids with dex augs. Thats fine, one of my warriors does the same thing and tops the parse when no necros are around, but you are a dps class in my eyes at that point(not a tank), and since most of these raids the mobs are not undead, so in that case as a paladin you're a dps class in a tank group with no adps in my book.

My dps is just fine with my stamina augs by the way. These are every time I've done the Zlandi group mission.
    /GU Zlandicar in 76s, 134.1m @1764189 | Total 134.1m@1,764.2k (1,764.2k in 76s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 65s, 137.8m @2119384 | Total 137.8m@2,119.4k (2,119.4k in 65s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 86s, 122.9m @1429322 | Total 122.9m@1,429.3k (1,429.3k in 86s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 76s, 70902k @932916 | Total 70902k@932.9k (932.9k in 76s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 43s, 61771k @1436544 | Total 61771k@1,436.5k (1,436.5k in 43s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 60s, 126.1m @2101778 | Total 126.1m@2,101.8k (2,101.8k in 60s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 83s, 120.2m @1448376 | Total 120.2m@1,448.4k (1,448.4k in 83s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 109s, 116.7m @1070461 | Total 116.7m@1,070.5k (1,070.5k in 109s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 110s, 104.4m @949524 | Total 104.4m@949.5k (949.5k in 110s)

And the raid last night.
    /GU Combined: Zlandicar in 170s, 212.6m @1250690 | Total 212.6m@1,250.7k (1,250.7k in 170s)
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Ohh I get what you're saying. You still get ramp at max melee? Hmm, something doesn't sound right. Are you certain you are in the one-pixel-wide, absolute max melee range?
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

As close as I can get to it, yes. It has been a week or so since I have run it, I will get back in there and see what all I can do to avoid it.
  6. Tucoh Augur

https://obsproject.com/

Let's see the vid.
    Barton and Maedhros like this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Using a cleric merc isn't soloing =P

Zland's dps output is too much to handle for a paladin off the top with 2her. Especially if you claim to use destruction glyph (that is just dumb, use intensity instead and use dragon glyph).

Maybe I'll go try it, but I've seen tanks in dps mode go splat when the healer wasn't ready off the top for it (SK then I died right off the top in fact, because SK was full dps mode but forgot to click epic or something, and I had 2her out and immediately died before I could even bando out to sheild, just the other day, Bloodyaxe (zerker) ended up tanking it the rest of the time for the minute it was alive, once the healer wasn't surprised). Oh, and I'm mostly dex (more dex than you have an 350 more hagi as well) too, so it isn't that.

Now, with a cleric merc, start with deflection and 1her, get it slowed with helix, then hit dragon glyph and THEN burn 2her, that should be doable. But blood drinkers doesn't heal enough to make up for the effect of 2h proficiency negatives. SK epic is enough though, if you're lucky, but if you have that, why are you tanking anyway =P, and again, not soloing.
    Maedhros likes this.
  8. Vaeeldar Augur

So I've run Crusaders quite a few times since the test patch and I still question who they are targeting this for. The spell damage alone pretty much require it to be a cleric main healing and even an optimized mostly tov t2 raid gear group (ber had tbl raid t2 raid weapons) these are not fast fights with a sk, brd, cleric - 3 ber about as high dps as you get.

I'm sure this will be tuned down in a month again so actual groupers can get done the content but Crusaders is no easier post patch and short of a lucky run I don't see a group geared team getting done this content with any degree of regularity.

Vulak is fairly balanced if tough for groupers. Zlandi is probably to easy but it is what it is. Aaryonar is just buggy as all hell (half the time you get only two orbs and not 4) so that needs to be corrected and maybe make it so the auras don't rotate but it's doable. Crusaders however remains by far the hardest mission and I would argue no group geared team is regularly completing this mission - the spell damage is just too high.

Honestly this just feels like artificial gating that they will change when they realize how few groupers get done this mission but I don't get why this mission exists as it does with group progression behind it. TBL progression which had a lot of complaints does not even begin to approach the difficulty of crusaders in this format - if zones were locked behind the content we'd have this forum in flames I'm sure.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Patch test patch notes says this is going down to 2 orbs, never see it only do 2, but I've not bothered with is since we beat it.
  10. Vaeeldar Augur

Interesting I need to double check this and I’ll run it a few more times today. I’ve been focused on crusaders as I see this as the biggest issue. the two times I ran Aaryonar I ran the orbs into earth and they still exploded in a not so good way. I may have been late though because i kept waiting for the 4 orbs.

I’m still convinced this mission is doable if a pain - sort of like cliffs in TBL. not so sure about crusaders - it’s no easier and I’d say potentially spikier damage.
  11. Cadman Lorekeeper

You'd be wrong unfortunately, the spell damage is only too high if you let it power up. My regular group group can knock this down fairly quickly.

Either need to be faster (3 Zerks should be plenty fast enough, if they're not, sounds like they're holding back for some reason) or send people to follow the emotes to disable each power up.

Basically you need enough dps for adds not to spawn, or slow down and follow the emotes.
    Yinla likes this.