Could we please get a definitive yes/no if [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is bannable?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by asmodethenaughty, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Xanadas Augur

How many more pages until this thread is locked?
  2. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

The same 6 forum heros trying to change the game for TLPs because they didn't have fun last time..
    Gremin and Warpeace like this.
  3. Dayratan New Member

I'll put 100 Plat on 10 pages
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yes/no.

There you have it, thread complete. You're welcome!
    Trosh likes this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

NEW TLP where you already know the class your about to play for the 1000th time, you already know the zone, you already know the mob, you already know the gear ...where and how to get it.....

Stop crying about [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]....its the least of your concerns.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Fallfyres Augur

----------
    *Nods in agreement with Ziggy.
  7. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Old school would mean on 2 different computers IMO.
  8. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

Luckily, [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] supports multiple computers.
  9. Numiko Augur

you needed a strong desk to multi box in the old days!

[IMG]
    Irbax_Smoo and Fenudir like this.
  10. Trosh Augur

Hahaha!

I laughed way too hard at work when I read this
  11. Krizem Augur

Yeah, who cares how someone else plays as long as its not a hack. I like to go slow but I don't blame others for wanting to go fast. If I like to sit in some obscure camp for days, I'm not going to inconvenience the guild with it, why not bring a box partner or two?
  12. RainbowTest Augur

If they were smart they'd produce their own boxing tool and sell it like hero's forge feature and then ban [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  13. Ziggy Augur

Theres an interesting thread on EQ2 that relates to [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], I really wish someone at DBG would comment on it ...

The larger, bold text in red is what I found interesting and was changed by me (formatting only).
  14. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

Could you provide a link Ziggy? And this definitely calls for an official comment from Daybreak if it applies to all games.
  15. Ziggy Augur

16. Ferry-Tunare Augur

The EQ2 thread managed to gather quite an impressive collection of idiots. It's like when Minishot was deleted, the number of posts with incorrect assumptions of all types was staggering.

In my limited experience, there is a ban/suspend first policy these days. I would love, love, love to share some troubling and rude experiences for customer service review.
  17. Maniacles Elder

So, creating a macro that responds to a tell seems to be bannable. I was always hoping they'd make that interpretation. It always felt a bit off seeing tanks mindlessly followed by bards, clerics and dps, having them all autocoordinate on mobs, but it being "ok, because they were all issued commands via a human typing on a keyboard"...the tank's keyboard.

It looked like they had out of expansion mercs, the coordination was so good.
  18. Xars Journeyman

Ban [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and watch DBG beg for new subs. How stupid.
  19. Intin Elder

I remember when I was a kid and we used to have to 3 box 4 miles uphill in the snow.

Seriously though [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] has nothing to do with any problems that have ever existed in the game. Banning it and people that use it would just hurt an already dwindling player base. You should likely support anyone who still wants to pay to play this game and not outright hack.
  20. Ziggy Augur

Hmm, they might lose a few subs -- don't forget to factor in the players that leave because of massive multiboxing. Of course, although DBG is a business and wants to make money they also need to take into account the long term health of their cash cow. When it degenerates into a single player game as it currently is, that will be the long foretold death of EQ - there are just too many other single player games out there that are much better.

I am certainly no friend of twisted legion, but Jain made several really good points earlier that are worth another look.

If anyone from DBG actually reads these forums, I would go old school Judge Dredd in regards to [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and say

I repeat my objection and ask for a ruling!