Come over to Zek

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sintikx, Apr 27, 2018.

1. zulla2 New Member

Again, Zek isn't meant to be blue so it would be folly to expect to do the same style of activities like afk-killing. Arbitrarily adding the verb “need” to sintikx original statement so that you can then apply an oversimplified retort only demonstrates that folly. However, others with more appropriate context will defend themselves, and may yet have fun doing so.
  2. sintikx New Member

It's mainly used to lvl/AA the toons. A way to relax and not worry about pvping
  3. sintikx New Member

Everything that can be done on blue can be done on Zek, just have to be aware that pvp can happen any second. I exp in open zones all the time with 1-6 toons and rarely worry about pvp but i'm also checking zone every 6 seconds to make sure. If people happen to show up I quickly gate out the toons i'm not wanting to pvp with and keep the ones I do want to pvp on. Zek isn't this horrible place that it's made out to be but its also not the easiest to start out on or get going if you aren't use to how it works. Make sure to check zones constantly for other players and you will be fine.
  4. sintikx New Member

There are also no raids happening on Zek but doesnt mean it couldnt happen. At one point zek was competing against blue for raiding spots and was doing very well. I for one would love to see that happen again.
  5. zulla2 New Member

[IMG]
    sintikx likes this.
  6. Allayna Augur

#BringdownZek

Turn all TLP into PVP.
    Tweak likes this.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It’s ok guys, just look over your shoulder every 6 seconds? That sounds like literally the opposite of fun.
    code-zero, Annastasya and Niskin like this.
  8. Ehlf New Member

if momentum picked up i would seriously consider dropping in to see what could happen. wasn't pandemonium normally leading with raiding?
    sintikx likes this.
  9. sintikx New Member

Just have the /who all tied to a movement key and it works that way instead of doing it manually 8)
  10. sintikx New Member

Pdm retired
  11. Zaknaffein Augur

12. zulla2 New Member

It's very apparent that you have no intention of contributing positive, meaningful ideas to the conversation but would rather serve up personal anecdotal experiences to dissuade others.

Your idea of fun must be the certainty that is contained within the "comfort zone."
    Yimin, Kierrah and sintikx like this.
  13. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I wonder if there are gank squads that camp the gribble npc in Dead Hills. That would be epic derp.
    Warpeace and Sheex like this.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

No thanks.
    That's called "blue servers".

I find it much more relaxing to play on a blue server than "check the zone every 6seconds"...
    And for the RARE instances when i were actually inclined to PvP (on MY time, not pressed onto me by some other shithead), there's /duel.
  15. sintikx New Member

No gank squads for Dh or anything like that, most people keep to themselves.
  16. eqzekisdead Augur

Zek blows. There are only 5 people who pvp on the server.
    They could give zek free gold access and all expansions for free and still no one would play there.
  17. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I am an a-hole by nature. I wouldn't keep to myself. I played Eve Online. It ruined me.
  18. Elite Lorekeeper

Would love to see people come over and give it a try. Especially since they ramped up some of the classes to make them viable in PvP. FYI Zhaunil_AB the /duel command on a blue server is not even close to actual PvP on Zek. I have played a necro since 2000 and when you /duel on blue, half of your abilities do not function on a blue server. I am sure other classes are "tuned" differently on blue. I would love to see more groups of "team PvPers" come to Zek and give it a try. The raiding has all but gone to the wayside for now but a boost in population could change that. My suggestion would be create heroic toons and give it a try at 85. 110 PvP is very fast paced and takes extensive knowledge to master. Would love to see new faces or even old faces bored with AI pixels!
    sintikx likes this.
  19. sintikx New Member

Exactly what Elite said, dueling isn't even close to pvping like it is on Zek.
    Kierrah likes this.
  20. dont hate the playa New Member

So.. you're trying to bring people over to the server by providing encouraging statements such as:
    • There's no raiding
    • Do a /who and look over your shoulder every 6 seconds
    • Can't AFK in Open World
    • A "Bunch" of players
    • Have to transfer off after leveling characters to actually have fun
    • Play the wonderfully non-balanced PVP that Everquest has offered the last 18 years
    Let's keep these awesome bullet points coming! You're winning over the crowd at this stage.
    Sheex likes this.