Collection Quest Ground Spawns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gcubed, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Tegila Augur

can anyone say if during the 2 1hr maintenances we've had so far, these hotfixes went into effect? i havent seen an increase in the SL drops so im guessing it's a no
  2. trapp New Member

Unbelievable that there are 8 pages of complaint on these collections which were a selling feature of the expansion and not one SOE Dev comment. No indication of it being bugged. No timeline for repair. No wonder people are leaving EQ like rats leaving a drowning ship.

Opps found one Dev posting ... but no information or enthusiasm to fix it.
  3. Gladare Augur

I guess reading isn't your strong suit.
    Nolrog likes this.
  4. Jook New Member

in xorbb... i can see them, but i cant reach them, climb the wall with lev... Nope
    Rocketeer boots... nope....
    [Tue Jan 29 22:19:02 2013] Your Location is -505.51, 1509.25, -10.90
    [Tue Jan 29 22:29:35 2013] Your Location is 526.07, 1233.05, -12.91
    [Tue Jan 29 22:42:34 2013] Your Location is 1478.77, 107.14, 74.95
    Not fixed on bertox...

oh... just re read it, not fixed on live yet.
  5. Tegila Augur

tehreve been several dev comments and saying they were fixing, and are now fixed soon as the hotfix goes in , hopefully this week. each spawn spot individually checked by a dev and fixed if needed etc. it took them over a month (not counting beta, then itd be 3 months) to fix the poofing ones, but these bad spawnpoints are a differnet issue and had ot be checked individually, now we're jsut wiating for the hotfix to go in as they're fixed its just not live yet
  6. Tobynn Augur

As reported in the recent Update Bugs thread .... floating ground spawns have been found in a number of zones throughout a number of expansions. Its not a problem with Shard Landing, you've got some systematic ground spawn problem that has developed.
    Rouan likes this.
  7. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I said!!!! put a despawn timer on them 30 minutes or 45 minutes this will cause those that are up and not reachable to "POSSIBLY" spawn some where else. may help with rng rotation.
  8. Maereax Augur

You said you went through them all and fixed them, but I happened to notice there were quite a few spots not mentioned and figured adding a small list wouldn't hurt anything

Chapterhouse: Death isn't Easily Undone: There is at least one spot, possibly two, where the collectibles spawn >inside rooms< in the geometry above doors. The particle effects are visible, but there is no part of the orbs visible on either side of the wall. I am at work, so I can't get a proper screenshot, but i googled 'doorway' and chose the first image. If you're >inside< the room looking at a door, the sparkles appear somewhere around my marked location, but again, the orb itself isn't actually visible: [IMG]

Also in chapterhouse, Smite makes right, on the upper floor of ch there is a broken pillar that they spawn in. Again, random googled image with an absolutely amazing paint-job
    [IMG]
    Mykaylla and TheQxx like this.
  9. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

10. Tegila Augur

they said fixed but waiting to be hotfixed, they didnt say the hotfix has been put in yet to fix them on hte servers themselves
  11. Lark New Member

OK, I finally figured it out, somewhere in the very first part of SHards Landing I was doing my uqest for portals and the augment i remember getting the Chunk BUT I thought it was a augment with nothing on it, anyway, I just noticed they made the BIG Crystal straight up now and there are at least 7 shinys up at hte top of the crystal I even got my booster and tried to go up onthe shard which i did before. Now that you cannot jump on the shard theres nooo way to get the. The GMs even reset the zone. I have been looking day and night when not at work and looking in bazaar. My 2 items arent spawning if they are, they are at the bottom, which i confimed today or the top of the shard stuck up there. When they made the big shard in the middle they messed up the spawns. ALso, just so you know, some of the spanwsin Kael are stuck inside the chairs and underneath the guards heals. JUst an FYI
  12. Lark New Member

“Two people in this thread have completed the ground spawns, as well as several kill collectibles. There's bugs, sure. But it still possible to complete them without much trouble. See invisible mobs were the hardest part.”
    2 people out of 1500 serverwide is not a good trade off to say "bugged but possible"

I am sorry but I am number 3 if I ever get my items, that is why I am so obsessive about it. I would have had the achievement if the spawns were spawing and in the correct place. Enough said!
  13. Falos Augur

I was hoping this would be hotfixed today. I finished my collection quests (despite them slowly bugging out and gradually becoming impossible for anyone that didnt sprint to do em after patch days. I feel bad for some of the people i know though, one of my friends for instance has been stuck at being one item from completion for awhile now just because of the broken spawns.
  14. Tegila Augur

oh mine's all done too jstu doing for my ranger now, but there are so few available bc of thebugs that only a small number can finish per patch. the resets make it more possible to do bc it gets rid of the piled up spawns in bad locations, but htey come back again soon enough
  15. Uxtalzon Augur

Lesson learned: should have hoarded the living crap out of collectibles, especially the bottom piece on each set. Players are paying 100k for things like pulsating icicle, well-maintained cage, etc. because they were impossible to attain before they were "fixed" and now impossible to get yet again after they were "fixed" because they've all spawned in an unobtainable spot, just like before. Instead, I grabbed them up and handed them to cute girls running around looking for the same things. Curse my generous, yet desperate personality!

I have a feeling their hotfix was just to raise groundspawns up by two feet in certain places - but that bugged groundspawns EVERYWHERE IN EVERY FRIGGIN' ZONE! Shard's Landing groundspawn crystals are hovering, flowers in Oceangreen Hills, papaya fruit poop bags in Hollowshade Moor... they're all hovering above the ground now. lol
  16. Falos Augur

Those cute girls were men, bro.
  17. Augur Developer

Hey Lark, all of the items within a single collection share spawn points, so your best bet is to revisit the area of the zone that you found the other items in that set. Of course, the usual RNG disclaimer applies.

Sorry it took me a couple days to provide an update to you all on this. The only zone that made it into this week's hotfix was Shard's Landing. The others were delayed so that they could be fully vetted by QA before going live in the next major patch.

Shard's Landing did not automatically remove all collection item spawns during the hotfix process, which is causing the old bugged locations to still block up the pipepline and prevent the collection systems from working properly in that zone. We've asked QA to go through every live server and manually remove the bugged spawns so that the system can function properly. They've told me that they will do that this afternoon, and once that is complete, all collection item spawns in Shard's Landing should be working properly.

The collections in other zones will not be patched until the next major patch, which will happen in February. We apologize for the inconvenience. We're very aware of how frustrating this is, and hope to have the new spawn locations approved and implemented as quickly as possible.

As a reminder, the next major patch will also implement a new model for the collection item spawns, which will make them much easier to click.

Thank you for your patience.
    Beimeith likes this.
  18. Vmas Elder

thx for the reply Augur, but the have done it on AB too, didnt found any for Fear in Pieces?
  19. Lark New Member

Tell you what my items CHUNK an SHIFTING SNAKE may have been available to people 1 month ago, they are NOT now. Why dont you fix it, this is really getting annoying, if you make something fix it if its broke. You may say oh, other people are getting them guess what I have woke up every single day and night and hunted, looted, gotten lots and lots of shinys and NOTHING. COME ON>
  20. Falos Augur

Approx 500 people on xegony are missing one item on their collection quests from the chapterhouse zone, the amount of people might be a slight exaggeration but i do know of several people that are all missing literally the same drop from the same collection set from chapterhouse..

Reboot that zone on all servers please so they dont have to wait14 days for patch.