Collection Quest Ground Spawns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gcubed, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Augur Developer

This will be corrected in a hotfix hopefully hitting live servers later this week. If it doesn't hit this week, it should be early next week.
  2. Xorgo New Member

players can only point out the obvious ones where they can see a spawn out of reach but there seems to be many places where there are just fewer and fewer spawns in reachable places as the server ages (presumably they are stacking up somewhere we can't see). e.g. the icky sticky and squishy collect ground spawns in Evantil are behaving this way on Erollisi Marr. Perhaps they are simply well hidden in a still accessible spot the players haven't found, we don't know. With the servers now up several days if you had the ability to go in each zone and query where the current ground spawns were you would be able to find where they are stacking up.
  3. Augur Developer

Yeah, the unreachable locations are currently causing this problem of fewer and fewer spawn points being available as time progresses between server restarts. Once the unreachable locations are fixed I'll be doing exactly what you described: hopping around live servers and seeing where spawns are.

I'm okay with some spots being more elusive as long as they're attainable. If you find the rare spots, there's a good chance there will be two or more there as a bonus reward for finding the elusive spot. But if there's obviously some spawn points that simply are not being found and are soaking up all the spawns, I'll move them.

For Icky, Sticky, and Squishy specifically, I would recommend collection-hunters look all around them, not just on the ground, especially near the fear shard in the zone.
  4. krozman Augur

Can anyone tell me where the groundspawns are, generally, for the Minotaur Warfare achievement in Xorbb? I've scoured the entire zone and FINISHED all of them, but not found one spawn for Mino warfare.
  5. Filatal Augur

Mino Warfare spawns are all up and down the river, in the lake, inside the little fort area and in the area in front of you when you zone in. I've never found one on the far side of the zone which is mostly animals. Basically, where you see minos, you can get these. All are above ground.

That said, this is one of the collects we knew would not be fixed in that last patch, as Augur stated they didn't have time to get the fix for collects spawning outside of the zone lines. Currently, they will spawn within sight, but out of reach on the northern? mountain wall. Most likely, that is what has happened and can only wait for the next patch on this one.
  6. Briano Journeyman

I noticed today while dropping in to Sepulcher from Shards Landing that there were three collectible spawns at the zone line at the bottom of the hole. This was on the Cazic Thule server if that matters.
  7. Tegila Augur

someone mustve gotten 1 of them bc i only see 1 inside the crystal..2/3 of the way up, however tryign ot get a better angel to see i started fallin in the crack and saw 2 more at the bottom beyond the zoning point.

hopefully they get the hotfix in for these cause this set is a nightmare.
  8. Falos Augur

I'm not pointing any fingers at all by saying this but some people in the game have super duper magical powers that will allow them to have longer arms than other players for reaching this stuff*

*asterisk denotes these people have normal length arms on patch days.
  9. Augur Developer

Quick update: I've completed my pass of every Collection spawn location and fixed all of the problem spots I found, including a few not mentioned in this thread.

The new locations are being sent to QA for testing and then will be pushed out in the next hotfix. This update should make every spawn location reachable (even by tiny gnomes), and stop the problem of collections becoming unavailable over time after server restarts.

It's worth noting that we are comfortable with requiring the use of Levitate to reach a few of the spawn locations. These hard-to-reach areas are not very common, but should all be visible from easy-to-traverse terrain so that you become aware of their existence while playing normally, and can then choose whether or not you want to hunt for it.

The new shinies model will be pushed in the next full patch that we do, likely in February. This update will make it significantly easier to click on the items to collect them when you do reach them.
  10. Underbrush Elder

When will this hotfix be applied?
  11. Augur Developer

There's no set date for the hotfix yet. I'll update here once it's been decided.
  12. Underbrush Elder

Thanks, better than nothing I guess.
  13. Underbrush Elder

If it is going to be some time, maybe a non-impacting zone reboot could be considered? Not like there are long-term named like the old days in RoF zones.
  14. Lark New Member

I only have a few to go, cant find Chunk and Shifting Snake, I have looked EVERYWHERE for both including jumping in the middle. I need Pinky Toe and disintegrating Hand and thats it for me. I have a few cheese but ill get those. Getting tired or running around and killing.
  15. Recnarp Augur

Probably posted already, but the collections achievement Blessing of the Icewing is unable to be completed by groundspawns. They all get stuck in one of the dragon statues.
  16. Marneth New Member

I've submitted a few bug reports, but I have found a few bugged spots in Evantil. I had no issues on the ground level, but inside the tree some were spawning high up on inaccessible branches. Can't climb the walls to get to some of them, and even changing the camera angle doesn't help. On the top level, some will spawn in the floor of the huts. You can see the particle effect but no matter what, you can't pick it up. On emarr server there is a red sparkly stuck this way.
  17. TheQxx Augur

This is killing me. The last 2 items I need are bugged up the walls, beyond the invis barrier, in Xorbb and down past the Sepulcher zone in Shard's. Brutal. Bru. Tal.
  18. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

wouldnt it just be easier to put a despawn timer on them say like a half hour, If its not picked up by then it just depops allowing something to repop else where?
  19. TheQxx Augur

100% this. ONE HUNDRED PERCENTS.
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  20. Lark New Member

Ok, so I am now down to Shifting Snake and Chunk, can anyone give me ideas on location at all. I have talked to players, looked in bazaar and am looking every morning and every day so I can finish the entire collection, I mean all not just the Fear Shard. It is all I have left, would love to move on. My only hope every day is that they will be in the bazaar, LOL, at this point. Seriously I only have the Shards Landing area to look and they are not spawning for me although others are.! Thanks