Collection Quest Ground Spawns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gcubed, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Augur Developer

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll use that when I'm doing the point-by-point checks. It's might be possible technically (I'd have to dig deeper to confirm with 100% certainty) to track existing spawn locations, but I'd rather solve the root problem. If there is a bugged location, I need to fix it. Without bugged locations, it shouldn't cause problems for players.
  2. Augur Developer

Chandrok has fixed the augment bug and the fix is scheduled to go in with the next live patch.
  3. Damion New Member

Just for "entertainment". Took a run around the arena in Kael. Took about 4 mins, including gnome getting stuck on giant stairs!

Here you can see how the collection round went...look careful how many item pop up on my cursor when inventory opens :-(

Ps...tried to speed up some portions, but ended blacking out for some reason..hmm
  4. Siddar Augur

Some info to help people until they fix the problems.

In Evantil The Vile Oak at neg 450 pos 720 there is a spawn point in the trench that always poofs and can have up to 9-10 spawns up at it some times.

My experience is that you need to head this spawn point and click all the bugged spawns at this spot to get spawns in rest of zone to start working right.
  5. Augur Developer

Thanks for sharing this tip, Siddar. Hopefully it helps people until the bug fix is implemented. One quick clarification in case it helps further: each of the different collection sets in a zone are on different spawn groups, so picking up a bugged spot should only affect spawns of that same collection group. For example, picking up all the bugged spawns at the location you mention should not affect spawns in the tree canopy, and vice-versa.
  6. Axxius Augur

But what about the fact that there are multiple spawns in the same spot? Isn't that a bug in itself?
  7. Augur Developer

That is not a bug. The system is not currently built to prevent items from spawning in the same location as an existing spawn, although we may choose to change that in the future.
  8. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

This actually just makes them disappear for you temporarily and does not trigger others to spawn. If you click them all till they disappear, camp (or zone), and return you'll see they are all still there.
  9. Augur Developer

Morning update: The first tests on our internal server indicate that our current solution is able to completely fix the problem that is causing items to disappear when clicked.

I'm going to be doing extensive testing on it today, focusing on problem spots like Kael, to ensure that all it fixes the poofing problem in all zones. If it all goes well, this fix will be scheduled to go out with next week's patch.
    Uxtalzon and Cakvala like this.
  10. Augur Developer

Update: Good news! I trekked through all of the major problem spots for collection item spawns (Shards Landing crater area, Kael arena, etc.) on our internal testing server and didn't encounter a single disappearing item. I picked up 75+ in a row with no bugs. The bug fix is now approved and scheduled to be included in next week's patch. That should solve all of the disappearing items bugs.

The unreachable locations were not fixed in time to be included in next week's patch, but we will hotfix in a solution for them soon afterward. Please continue to report any locations that are unreachable.
  11. Zaph Augur

One other thing I think I should point out, this affects kael moreso than most zones, but I can imagine it affecting others.

By pure chance, I found a groundspawn with a Giant standing on it, totally covering up its usual sparkly effect with his huffing huge size 48s, I suppose this isn't a problem should the NPC be killable, but if it isnt, then how can clicking on a groundspawn be feasible when you are only going to be able to click the NPC instead.
    Assuming you even feel the need to have to cherry pick your mobs just for the chance of them standing/sitting/taking a nap on a groundpop
  12. Talif Augur

I haven't found any with a non-attackable mob standing on it. For the attackable ones, pull with snare (so they don't wander back immediately), Fade, go collect.
  13. Greymantle Augur

There is a spot in the evil tree zone that always has a stack of yellow shineys. Don't have a loc handy but its in one of the canyons, at a Y intersection. Theres a snake almost allways sitting just ot the left of them. Easy to spot as they are very bright. Have clicked >15 times on multiple occasions. Never recieved anything but the glow diminishes as you click untill they are gone.
  14. Tobynn Augur

With today's server reset, I expected ground spawns to be readily found. However, the Fear in Pieces collection set in Shards Landing appears to be entirely missing. I also notice that the purple-colored Bright Fear Shards used in another quest are now spawning approximately 6 feet above ground -- they just linger there in mid-air all around the crater. Seems some general ground spawn brokenness has occurred in zone (on Bristlebane).
  15. Controller New Member

They are spawning on my server but in impossible to reach locations, like inside the giant crystal or at the bottom of the pit that zones you.
  16. aryannah New Member

Stack up issue in Kael at 29.13, 1260.37, -135.25 in a chair that cant be collected. Same issue in Evantil in ledge around a hut at 287.24, 475.65, 1167.38. Breeding Grounds has another in one of the statue's neck in icewing (didnt get loc). If anything perhaps there needs to be a change in the amount that can spawn in a specific /loc so that the entire spawn doesnt fall apart when they all find their way to that location.
  17. Tegila Augur

agree they really need to make them NOT spawn mroe than 1 in the same location at the same time. because of various bugs or thefact taht some are so well hidden that no one will ever see it etc, also note that the collector's edition sets DO share spawn points with the toher sets..seemingly all otehr sets in a given zone.

as for the mention of spawns in SL seeming 6' high..they appear that way on bertox too when i looked, the bright fear shards look like theyre floating but i didnt pick up bc wasnt what i was after, and i didnt see a single fear in pieces one though ive been able to pick them up on trakanon prior to the patch, so i do know where to find them normally.
  18. Khat_Nip Meow

Currently on Luclin in Shard's Landing there is 1 item collection spawn stuck inside the large central crystal as well as one far beneath it much further down past the 'zoneline' point to Sepulcher.
  19. Filatal Augur

The spawns just disappearing seems to be mostly fixed. With one exception. I found that if I was in an area that recently was known for spawns disappearing AND I happened upon a stack of spawns, the first one I could get without issue. But the 2nd through however many ( think 4 was the most I saw ) would disappear.

There are still several spawns in chairs that can not be gotten in Kael. Smite Makes Right already has spawns in a broken column that can not be accessed because they are inside the geometry of the column ( on Bristlebane, all Smite Makes Right were here pre-patch ). I was able to complete Fear in Pieces, but did notice the spawns seem to be harder and harder to find. Not sure where they were going. Xorbb, you already stated the beyond the zone line thing wouldn't be fixed this patch.

Side note, but I was able to complete ( except for Lost Pages /tell me on Bristlebane if you have one ), so I probably won't be reporting these as much in the future. I do have a screenshot of the Chapterhouse problem I'll try to get posted.
  20. Augur Developer

Thanks for all the feedback. Like I said in my previous update, the unreachable locations (stuck inside chairs, too high, outside passable terrain) is being fixed in a hotfix after the patch. Yesterday's patch was meant to fix the disappearing bug only.

I'm doing a full pass on every collection item spawn location in the game over the next two days. I'll pay special attention to the problem spots reported here, including Shard's Landing's floating spawns. If you happen to have specific coordinates for those, it would be helpful in case I can't reproduce it.