Classic/Kunark Hunter Achieve Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobbybick, May 18, 2017.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You boys are in for a treat don't you worry.
    Bobsmith likes this.
  2. Robnie Augur

May god have mercy on our raider's souls.Can't wait for the drama over level 20 OEQ named spawns
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Can they ban people who afk grey con old eq hunter mobs? some of the old eq hunter mobs are super rare hard not to do it.

Andarriel
  4. Astral64 Augur

They do.

Have you seen Dunedigger?
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I got dunedigger on double spawn must had over 500 corpses on the ground was lagging my computer think it took like 5 or 6 hrs non stop big mob though lol. I had harder time spawning erg bluntbruiser in sro. but I finally got my dungeon slayer achievement finally yay me.

Andarriel
  6. Brohg Augur

Lag? hah! The advloot window straight crashed my Dunedigger camper. Used Return Home button, turned advloot off before returning to the zone 20 minutes later to let the window empty. Didn't take overlong to actually get him, though. A coerced crusader has been my worst so far.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Haven't done that achievement yet but thanks for heads up on crusader. there are certain zones im avoiding as I know there gonna be a pain in the butt lol. working on n karana and cant for the life of me spawn grimtooth only goodthing is I got a nice supply of hq lion skins though. anybody know the type mobs I should kill to spawn grimtooth? been pretty much destroying the zone lol. ive seen it 3 times on wiz but ZERO on ranger :(

Andarriel
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Ok ive done a lot of hunter achievements and goldentalon is rarest of the bunch by far. Any have info on spawning this pos. I got around 900 griffon meat which is crazy since they don't drop all the time. Does he only spawn off griffons or other stuff as well. Ive been killing everything and nothing. Seen fiercewind and stormclaw a few times but no goldentalon just so annoying.

Andarriel
  9. Imak Augur

Jaggedpine Hunter sucks. The encounter (spawn) tables for the named treants and the named bears include just about every roamer mob type in the forest. Assuming that the other forest roamer named (like the griffons and wolves) employ a similar 'everything' spawn table. The treant trash seem to be placeholders for nothing. Complicating matters in Jaggedpine is the (intentional) periodic mass despawning and respawning of a lot of the forest roamers. Makes it effectively impossible to use track to pinpoint a specific placeholder.
    -----
    a grey pinewolf
    a black pinewolf
    a greenwood bear
    a greenwood grizzly
    a timber griffawn
    a timber griffon
    a black panther
    a giant anaconda
    a willowisp
    3% a great kodiak
    1% Stormclaw
    -----
    a grey pinewolf
    a black pinewolf
    a greenwood bear
    a greenwood grizzly
    a timber griffawn
    a timber griffon
    a black panther
    a giant anaconda
    a willowisp
    3% an ancient treant
    1% Jerg Oakenfist

I'm still after both treants and Stormclaw. Last zone I need to be 100% done with Hunters. bleh.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I just need goldentalon ive been able to spawn stormclaw a few times and both times spawned were good's maps shows. Ive been killing everything in this general location usually have 10 or so griffons per run with a bunch of others. Although it was weird I went to kill just griffons and I killed two anaconda snakes and fiercewind spawn /shrug. although it did take awhile to get an anceint treant and jerg to spawn.

Andarriel

ps ive seen an ancient treant x3 but only seen jerg x1.
  11. Mithra Augur

JPF is the worst. I set up on the west side near Ganatru Mythmoor and eventually got every spawn with Jerg taking the longest by far.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

well just got jerg lol figures.

Andarriel
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Just finished lavastorm mountains hunter in 10 hours or so. Got lesser nightmare x2 Tisella x1 (last one for hunter) and saw a thought bleeder x4 must be the super rare before the hunter spawns im guessing. I set up my camp at p1450 n545 and just kill the pathers seems to me there's 5 total I was killing but eventually you get the mobs to spawn named basilisk, some sir mob and tis and nightmare. Think I got lucky on this and gorge as both took me 10 hrs each and jagged forest took me like 10k kills for goldentalon lol.
    Andarriel
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

What's the mechanics for Rathe Mountains? I'm trying to get Mortificator Syythrak, and Oculys Ogrefiend. Alla has various accounts for where they spawn, if they stay in one place, if they path, etc. I'm not sure where I should camp for these two.
  15. GNOME_POWER Augur

16. Act of Valor The Newest Member

17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

too late for an edit, but can anyone to attest to that method of getting them to spawn?
  18. GNOME_POWER Augur

You need a tracker to know they spawned.
    You may be out of luck if you have someone with the same purpose.
    [IMG]
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

For Oculys yes, kill the cyclops and the bears in the NW corner. When you spawn the other named Cyclops leave him up because otherwise he will keep eating potential spawns. Even doing this it can take a long time (or not) to get Oculys to pop.

As I put on that post from back then, Syythrak either spawns there in place of the roamer that repops every 1min then leaves the valley or down in the southern valley marked in red then paths out the western side. Syythrak was the only one I never personally observed spawning, he was just up when I entered the zone one day but he's 100% one of the roamers that goes across the zone through the valley pass.

You will need to run around the zone killing roamers for a bit since Syythrak does roam the entire zone.
  20. Act of Valor The Newest Member

What exactly do you mean by killing roamers? Everything roams in Rathe Mountains. Can I park my character at the 4 way (where the totem pole and the named scarabs are) and kill everything that roams past me, or do I need to kill more than that?

Thank you for the reply.