Claims bug - It's time to do damage control, Daybreak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiani Augur

The claim service is back up, and has been a while.
  2. Grymtongue New Member

The claim window fix was probably pretty trivial. Just reset the selected index of the list to null after a sort I would think would fix it. Probably should do this with all of their lists (such as bazaar) if they aren't doing validation server-side.

The issue with people having the items is a different story. From what I understand the character data which I think includes the items do not reside in a database but as files. They will have to do a mass search for any of the possible items (not easy) and turn that list in to account information.

They should also make sure that if they do not delete the item ids (how could they? these items are owned by many legitimately on live?) they will then have to remove or replace them on these servers. In addition, if they are thorough they will also look at the reclaimable items for each player and make sure the items do not exist there either, or in the parcels.

It is a tough task to be sure.
  3. Astley Augur

Which is exactly why I don't believe the person claiming they were just hit with an accidental ban.
  4. kandaras New Member

Radarx
    How long are these account reviews planning to take? I got popped with a 5 day suspension on friday. I have a petition in since then going on 4 days now without a reply. I didn't figure it would take that long to review my account and verify i have zero gear from claims and the only thing i tried to claim was my quarm server potion i was saving. This is kinda ridiculous at this point
  5. Ghubuk Augur

Pretty sure the experience potions weren't supposed to be claimed on the tlp servers. I could be wrong though. Was it greyed out normally?
  6. kandaras New Member

no they were allowed to be. i claimed them on two other accounts before. last account wasn't sure which toon i wanted it for
  7. Foop New Member

Did you claim any items that you deleted?
  8. kandaras New Member

No the only thing i tried getting was xp potion a few times.
  9. Baldur Augur

Can you post a link to the ticket you entered on the tracker site? I tried searching it and didn't find anything.
  10. Rayven - Quepitus New Member

Are you sure you claimed the correct Quarm pot? I recall there being 2 issued for creating a character on the server. One that you could claim on any server, and one that could only be claimed on Quarm. If you claimed the latter, that would probably explain the suspension.
  11. Toodles Elder

Because exploit report & reproduction threads are not supposed to be public on the issue tracker... probably so people don't follow the issue tracker to find exploits before they can be fixed

[IMG]
  12. Oldschool Elder

Ok, here is an idea that would really hurt I am thinking. Ok the people that qualify for the ban from their actions do it, ban them and don't reverse it. For the ones that are getting a suspension, do not suspend them. INSTEAD do a rollback for their toon/account back to just before the point of infraction (no matter how far back they first used the exploit). I think it would actually hurt more losing some gear other than just the defiant, AND chances are if they have been doing it awhile, have to redo some Luclin keys.

Before someone says that this cannot be done, it already has been done in the past, during GOD. The vendors from test were left up in POK on live servers. People knew that they were not supposed to be there, but used them anyway (got rare tradeskill items and sold in bazaar for plat, etc etc). SOE at the time went through and rolled back each individual account that did this to the point before they used the vendor that should not be there. ALOT of people had to redo their GOD keying, and of course they were all crying about it back then too.
  13. justasub Journeyman

i could be wrong (long time ago) but IIRC the problem with that was that for quite awhile ANYONE who had had any interaction with the TS stuff sold afterwards (in baz) got dinged with rollback also...it was impossible to know if stuff you bought from people was legit or not. and many didnt have a clue.
    Lithien likes this.
  14. Machen New Member

The other problem with that (and the reason I think they haven't done that again since that one time) is that selective rollbacks can have some unexpected results, because toons interact and trade with each other.

For sake of illustration, let's say one of the exploiters had a thousand krono on his account. On friday, he claimed some defiant gear, then immediately realized he could be in trouble, might get banned, and traded all his krono to a different account that did not exploit. He gets dinged by the rollback, and is rolled back to just before the /claim -- and gets his thousand krono restored to his account. Meanwhile, the account that he had traded the krono to does not get rolled back (so also still has a thousand krono.) Now, for his exploiting, he has two thousand krono instead of one thousand krono.
  15. AgentofChange Augur

I like the illustration, but if you trade over 150 krono at one time you get an automatic ban :p
  16. Machen New Member

I should have gone with a MILLION kronos!
    Oldschool and AgentofChange like this.
  17. Jaime Lannister Augur

What? No you don't. I've tossed that amount between characters.
  18. Ghostpro71 New Member

Have they unlocked claims again yet because I thought someone said they did, but I still am unable to claim my Steadfast Satchel that I paid for?
  19. Lungvin Lorekeeper

20. Baldur Augur

Still defiant in the bazaar and people running around wearing and using it. How long will it take to get the defiant off the server completely?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.