Claims bug - It's time to do damage control, Daybreak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

This thread won't talk about the process of the bug, but Daybreak's response to it.

Kill the claims server, figure out how to roll back everyone that claimed out of era stuff. It's the only way to secure the legitimacy of this wave of TLP servers.
  2. Trance Lorekeeper

This absolutely HAS to happen.
  3. Tacc Journeyman

Please Daybreak. PoP through OoW progression is one of the major reasons I started playing on Phinigel to begin with and this bug will completely trivialize most of that if you do nothing. I most likely will quit playing all together if nothing is done.
  4. Trevalon Augur

This needs to be fixed asap and people who claimed these items need suspensions. This completely invalidates the entire premise of the Progression servers.
  5. Tudadar Augur

Time for holly to awaken and make another perma ban for all accounts post! Letting this slide just hurts DBG income on this and future progression servers. People doing this know they are exploiting and just dont care.
  6. Gnog Elder

Having just poured a substantial amount of time into leveling and gearing characters on this server, I will absolutely unsubscribe and never return to EQ if this is not fixed. This is a violation of the fundamental premise of the Phinny server. Frankly, I think that continuing to advertise Phinny as a "True Box Progression Server," which Daybreak is continuing to do on its website, is false advertising with this exploit in existence and unremedied. There is nothing more pressing to this server than fixing this bug and suspending or banning anyone with out-of-era gear.
  7. Gnog Elder

I came back to EQ after 10 years specifically to play on a true-box TLP. If Phinny is exploited so that it is no longer a TLP, I will leave.
  8. Gnog Elder

I was not on the server during the Kunark era. You speak from ignorance.
  9. Lorzus New Member

I'm curious as to what occurred here. What items are now claimable that are game breaking?
  10. Lifetap Augur

It'd be a good opportunity to delete all the platinum on Lockjaw/Ragefire too since the economies were flooded by 10s of millions of platinum from the transfers bug they allowed and then pretended like nothing happened.
  11. Varisath1 New Member

I predict at approximately 3pm PST a massive server rollback for Phinigel and a hotfix for the claims server, just in time to close the office up for the weekend.
  12. Ducreux Augur

They wouldn't rollback 2hrs to fix an entire expansion launching early, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Tudadar likes this.
  13. Astley Augur

Tradable Defiant gear, and 1400AC /+20 Flowing Thought mounts among what I hear.
    Lorzus likes this.
  14. Goodnews Augur

Can they not just remove the gear from the server?
  15. Punchis-themonk Elder

I predict they will do nothing :(
  16. oldandnasty Augur

What they should do: permanently delete every character with the gear and issue a short account ban. Anyone who took advantage of this was clearly using an exploit and I don't see how they could argue otherwise.
    What they will likely do: nothing. This is just like the mount problem not so long ago. DBG doesn't care or just doesn't have the people/capability to fix these problems.
  17. Tserothen Journeyman

WIPE IT CLEAN 2016
  18. Thornpaw New Member

They will do something. Defiant came into LJ Iknow and they did a massive rollback that eliminated a weekend of exp basically. Then they made it up by doing double exp during the week for a few days. They caught that one pretty quick. I assume once they get into work, they will do the same.
    Warlorf likes this.
  19. Warlorf Augur

I agree with Thorn ... they will do something. Thank your friendly exploiters when you see the rollback happen. I really hope the xp potions bought and used are reimbursed over the weekend as not everyone comes to the forums and is aware this may occur. Bonus xp during the week ..meh, hard to regain lost xp when you're at work.
  20. uk6999 Augur

I don't think they will roll back. I mean does anyone really know how far this goes back to? I know after the post made last night describing how to that the frequency probably went up 1000% so guess there could be a 12-24 roll back. I do hope to see them issue a warning to delete the items first then a follow at random times to search then suspend/ban if you still have an out of era claimed item on your char.

The token of reclamation does complicate things quite a bit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.