Claims bug - It's time to do damage control, Daybreak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxore New Member

I submitted this bug over 2 months ago after accidentally figuring it out knowing it would destroy the sever. Both to gms and to the tracker site. They never even took a look at it and now I'm suspended for trying to help.
  2. Foop New Member

If you only claimed one item then I hope your account gets unsuspended quickly. It's a shame that anyone trying to protect the server would be punished.

If you claimed a bunch of gear and used it all OR traded/sold any claim gear then I hope you get a permanent ban for not being honest about the situation and wasting their time. You've already admitted to knowing that this would destroy the server so if you did any of the above I feel like your punishment should be increased for also not being honest.
  3. Poydras Augur

Double secret probation.
  4. Ghostpro71 New Member

What about the people that paid the $26.99 to get the Second Chance: Time Locked Server Adventure Pack, but we can't get the backpack nor the Exp II potions because the claim service is down?

I'm like afraid to even claim it now when the service comes back up. I'm worried that I will be banned even if I try to claim something I actually paid for.
  5. Astley Augur

An inconvenience sure, but you're not going to be suspended for claiming something properly. If you really need your bag, petition, maybe a GM will give it to you while the /claim window is down.

If you are legitimately scared, you've got other problems that need to be addressed first. When they fix it you wont get banned for using it to claim things you were supposed to have.
  6. Ghostpro71 New Member

I mean I'm not scared lol, but what about that guy in this thread that said he bought the same adventure pack, claimed it, and then was banned.
  7. Machen New Member

You say that, but someone reported that they were in fact suspended for claiming the bag.
  8. Maxore New Member

guess I didn't get suspended on this account was an old email not about my main account. Currently unable to check as I'm on an airplane coming back from vacation and jumped the gun. Either way my intentions were always good I admit I claimed more then 1 item to test it out as a developer you need to be able to recreate it before submitting a bug report. However don't think anyone should get banned or suspended really no ones fault but bad programming just need to remove it and fix the problem. Anyone who is familiar with me knows I've been trying to get a major bug fixed and have talked about how I can't believe my report has been ignored until now. Sorry daybreak wish I had done more to let the right person know
  9. Oldschool Elder

Yep, incoming suspension I am betting. You claimed it more than once "just to test"
  10. Maxore New Member

Not worried about it logs show when it all got posted n stuff I tried shrugs. Just ridiculous it never got looked at until now
  11. Foop New Member

I'm just going to leave this right here. I don't think this specific person should be made an example of but if my job was to clean up this mess I would make it very clear that any extra work being created through deception will not be tolerated at all. This type of policy will help ensure fake claims are posted less and the people who really need help are getting it quicker.

12. Urza New Member

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone. - Foop the Almighty who has never done wrong casting shade. After 16 pages, this whole thread is no longer productive. The claim issue has been made aware and is currently being dealt with. Some have admitted they took advantage and others have said they were collateral damage. Personal opinions of another individuals guilt is not important.
  13. Machen New Member

You must be new around here. Welcome.
    Oldschool likes this.
  14. Silinius Augur

Are there more ban-hammers and suspensions going out today? I assumed there might be but I've not heard anyone else chime in thus far with any new reports.
  15. vardune Augur

They cant do a roll back the bug and the gear has been in game for months. They have to run a script and delete every single piece that is currently on Phinny. For all those poor fellas that bought that stuff in the Bazaar, well they should have known better. Anyone that claimed it more then once needs to be banned and for the life of me, i cant see why they did that. Was the claim also giving EXP pots?
  16. Astley Augur

Yes, I saw that. However, we have no way to prove that they are telling the truth on this issue.

They were suspended because allegedly they exploited the /claim... AND because they had a black mark on their account from before.

As an aside, I happened to /claim my Quarm pot the same night the Defiant was hitting the bazaar en masse. I didn't exploit anything, but I DID take use of the /claim server.

I haven't gotten suspended accidentally, so they didn't do a blanket suspension on everyone who used /claim during that time period.

I lean more toward this person DID violate the /claim system and is trying to look innocent. Or, they suspended them for some other reason they had built up, such as RMT'ing or other exploits.
  17. Gronkin New Member

I know for a fact someone was banned for claiming the collectible duffel of di zok.
  18. Machen New Member

It's possible, but it's also possible that the person who wrote the script or reviewed the accounts did not realize that the big bag was legitimate to claim on Phinigel. In my experience, DBG staff correctly know what is supposed to be available or not only about half the time.
  19. Astley Augur

So far though, we only have 1 person claiming they were incorrectly banned. If there were some script that was just looking for those items, I think we'd have had more.

I've claimed both of the available Satchels in the past, and I wasn't caught up in it.
  20. Nolrog Augur

They don't ban people via script. They may have a script to identify an account for further review but the bans are manual.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.