Character Rollback + Bans Reinstated?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Aghinem, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nildiar Lorekeeper

Or some people will look at as there too is being held hostage. In effect it is. You were allower to level past 105 get gear aa ach spend dB cash buy long packs and many other things which I assure you many of us dis in fact after the unbanning I spend a substantial amount of money on dB cash. As a thank you to daybreak. Now right or wrong, they are holdin my levels and gear go stage for money. It's ok jonny we know we let you get away with it and you spent time and money on your toon. Will only cost you 40$ to get it back wink wink nudge nudge
    Gyurika Godofwar and Kikinu like this.
  2. nildiar Lorekeeper

To the people saying good riddance who you gonna play with when a ton of people leave? As proven last time every guild on ever server was affected.. BUT put your tin foil hat back on nothing to see
    Gyurika Godofwar and Kikinu like this.
  3. Tvarian Augur

I guess Daybreak should have done the rollbacks and expansion drop as part of, and at the same time as, the unbanning, and not drop it out of the blue.

Still, I think that you should legitimately pay for the expansion in order to play in it.
    Hostile Meat Wizard likes this.
  4. Aghinem Augur

I think a lot of people who are signing the praises of this event are missing the point that Daybreak issued a mass email to everyone stating that it was a one time warning, don't do it again - and then did a stealth maneuver that once again shakes the trust of the overall community. People who happen to have a heroic toon who bought the heroic key off one of the 3rd party websites got an outright ban rather than just have the toon deleted. Lack of communication is really what is deplorable.

The holier than thou attitudes really doesn't cut it because those affected by this are the same people who were affected by that blanket ban, and that is A LOT of people.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Ckal New Member

We are taking them at their word that there even was a chargeback. It seems as likely that there was a massive reseller(s) identified that took advantage of a currency exchange situation and was traced to a CC# (s) with subsequent actions commenced. The latter was a tangible fact observed on Steam by several posters.
  6. me again New Member

so kronos were introduced as a scam free way to trade time . Now this progressed to keys . daybreak is a horrible company no way to contact them if you say one thing that can be taken as not I love you daybreak on facebook you are blocked form posting anything. now players auctions steam whoever is really responsible here. Now steam was a legit way to get these keys . they are now part of the banning. any company that issues the warning on the account was the end of it . if there were intentions to ban as there were then do that , problem is they cant ban so many there will be no one left .all they have done is yet again over the player base at a time were it cant afford it. its bad enough guilds are horrible now take mishandled just a bunch od idiots . they arae all the same . so now the game itself is working against you . why play this go to another company that actually likes its base
  7. nildiar Lorekeeper

Not use that. But even if you personally didn't have your own account affected as proven by the last time you will be affected friends family guildies all will be affected. Every guild was hit last time major raid guilds. Keep thinking this benefits you keep thinking this is good for eq. If just 1 in ten people don't pay and come back rhat is a serious loss. I'm guessing the number will be much larger but look away and stand in your shining tower all alone..
  8. Aghinem Augur

Where have I said this is good for EQ? Did you not read any of my earlier posts? This is VERY VERY BAD for EQ.
  9. nildiar Lorekeeper

No I was using your post as more of a point to add to mine didn't say you did was a general statement not aimed at you at al
  10. Aghinem Augur

Ooh, gotcha. I misunderstood. My apologies.
  11. Tvarian Augur

Okay, so they said if you do it again, you will be banned. Nothing wrong there. Pretty good on their part since they could have left the ban in place.

As I stated earlier, should have been part of the unbanning.

I would argue that the initial trust shaking would be those that purchase things from 3rd party sites instead of legit from Daybreak as they should be purchased.

If they purchased another heroic key after the mass "don't do it again" email, then they should be banned. They were warned. If not, then DBG should undo the ban, and have the person pay the legit fee for the hero toon to keep it, else it be deleted.

Lack of communication is definitely bad, but deplorable are those who try to cheat the game by purchasing non-legit expansions & heroic toons, and then complain when they are caught. Surely by now, those players should know better. The "I didn't know" excuse can only be used by a true newbie to the game.

I wasn't affected, I didn't cheat out the game purchases. Those who did got caught. A lot of people or not, it doesn't make it right. They should take the chance given to them, pay the proper price for what they got and continue on. Hopefully they will learn their lesson that they should make the purchases in a legit fashion.
    Kobrah likes this.
  12. Xdevlx Journeyman

I'm one of the few people who are willing to stick buy, and purchase the xpac on all the accounts I bought cheap keys for. DBG and myself both got screwed on the deal, it sucks for both parties. As a good faith gesture to the community do you think you could possibly have a sale on the TBM Xpac? It would give people the option to pay for the expansion, and to continue to pay for subs... Just a thought.
  13. Rhodz Augur

We had finally decided with some reservations to go ahead and get TBM for our little group right about the time this started. Purchased through DBG of course but held off until we saw where this was going.

So now given what is seen we are looking into yet again changing games, not a threat just accepting the realities that DBG has created. Of course we not be getting any expansions nor very interested in putting more time (in particular) or money into a game this company seems determined to kill off with stubbornness and silence.

It is impossible to do business in this manner and remain in business and the folks at DBG are aware of this as well as any but do it anyway. What should that tell us?
    Time to leave
  14. Rhodz Augur

15. nildiar Lorekeeper

Ok so let's do some hard math then. My gf and I each have 2 accounts. All 4 are gold. 3 of the 4 had tbm 3 of 4 lost tbm. We had all intentions after the ban of when the new expansion came out get tipi ng ut for all 4 accounts. Now before you say I knew better the fact is I did not I played eq for many years and left for yeas abd came back. Heard about the codes. But I did do research. All codes came from steam. Now on the surface this does sound shady however forget about the currency conversion. You do realize there are up to 85% off all product sales and coupons and other codes that could bring the discount to well pennis on the dollar.

Now 4x15x12 no big lose to them not even with the other 160 we would have spent on new expansion. No warning no communication no nothing but a vanilla email with no real explanation
  16. Aghinem Augur

One of the saddest issues, is people who are feeling so disenfranchised don't even want to come back even if DBG reversed this. This was done only a few months away from the next expansion. There is no common sense being used by this company by demonizing the customer base when they should have simply gone after the source, which was Steam & PA if they were the ones committing the fraud.
  17. Kuvian Lorekeeper

You guys are being really ridiculous. I was expecting the other shoe to drop sooner or later. Ok, they undid the bans and simply gave warnings to all the people who bought $5 keys on PA. Did you think they were just going to let you have a $30 expansion for free after that?

Buy the expansions you got for nearly free and stop being such babies.
  18. Vdidar Augur

Where does everyone keep getting that a new expansion is a few months away? No way they release anything of any substance this year. To much TLP for us to get anything cool.
  19. Aghinem Augur

Its the other half of TBM
  20. Picaresque Augur

My apologies for the formatting, but I'm not really sure how this will work.. My responses are in italics and underlined. Take the responses as food for thought. To me, this is more an intellectual exercise than an emotional response, so please try very hard not to engage in ad hominem attacks. I would appreciate it. There have been a number of very good arguments made on both sides and many not so good. I'm certain this will be seen both ways, depending on one's point of view.

As I purchase from DBG all Krono and expacs (three TBM for accounts), I do not have a dog in this fight. I may be tangentially affected if the player base declines precipitously, at least if it includes those players who actually group and not simply box. However, we do not have reliable numbers as to how many people as opposed to accounts were affected (we do not have those numbers either). When SOE did their mass banning in H1Z1 last year, Smedley announced that the banning affected almost 25,000. He also announced at the time that the lost revenue did not outweigh stamping out the cheaters. I may be the only person who finds that interesting as it lends credence to the idea that a company can be sufficiently provoked to take an action that in terms of revenue may be inimical to their interests.

I believe that DBG has done a decent job overall since they purchased the company from SOE and decidedly better than when it was owned by Verant. Perhaps they have made an error in this instance. Perhaps not. More likely, this was a calculated business decision in the end phase made by senior executives in consultation with their attorneys and possibly outside counsel. Perhaps it is a bad decision. Perhaps not. So be it. Let's see where it leads.

If you believe keeping pressure on DBG to reverse this action is in your best interest and the best interests of the game, I encourage you to continue with your efforts. Meanwhile, I have a group game to join.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.