Character Rollback + Bans Reinstated?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Aghinem, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vdidar Augur

So no it's not an expansion. And I'm sure they will charge full price again. That will be the day I hang it up.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Gilad Journeyman

Honestly I'm not even super upset about the TBM thing. I'm just so deeply disappointed and upset at how terrible DB is at communicating with us, the customer. It's basic business 101. You communicate with your customer BEFORE you decide on something that will impact a huge number of your customers. And in a case like this at the bare minimum you should offer a decent discount to the x-packs to show good faith.

The level of communication with your customer base just reeks of incompetence. It's extremely basic level business, especially when you have a dedicated customer base like you have in EQ.

We're not numbers DB. We're people. Communicate with us or you'll kill this game and terminate your jobs. If you don't want to support EQ anymore then just shut the servers down rather than continuing to do this crap.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Cactuszach Elder

Deactivating grey market keys isnt unusual. Steam will do this from time to time. You buy a key from an unauthorized reseller and they can and most likely will go poof. Totally understandable. Sure, its a huge bummer when you trade in-game items for a key, but in 2016 thats an incredibly risky thing to do whether its EQ or any other game on any platform (Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc). Whats troubling in this case is that everyone thought the issue was resolved when DGB stated they would issue warnings and in the future be more responsible about where you buy keys, but then weeks later revoking those keys when we thought the punishment had been dealt. Had the keys been revoked and warnings issued 2 weeks ago I don't think players would react so negatively.

DBG is totally within their right to revoke the keys, and frankly should, but to do it weeks after everyone thought the issue addressed and dealt with just makes people feel like they were punished twice for 1 offense and leaves a bad taste in peoples' mouths.

Edit: I know this post is late in the thread, but its never too late to be reasonable, right?
  4. Cactuszach Elder

5. RadarX Augur

This discussion really hasn't stayed constructive at all so we need to close this. Those of you who were impacted should have received an email outlining the reason for the expansion removal. Those of you who were not impacted by this (and yes I can see who you are) I'm going to ask to direct your feedback to other topics.

If you have questions regarding our forum policies feel free to drop me a PM.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.