Character Rollback + Bans Reinstated?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Aghinem, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBM removed New Member

I don't know the specifics of your case but is only works like that if you knowingly purchased stolen goods, I.E. some one tells you "Hey I have a great deal on this stolen TV" and you buy it, in the case of these TBM codes everything was working as if legit for months.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. strongbus Augur

agreed tbm its a messy thing.(and for the record i was never charge or anything. just had the cops/da tell me it was stolen and I could give it back and nothing would happen.) But doing searches on laws gets messy for something like what happen. as you said they where legal for a bit till the person who bought them form daybreak did what ever and turn it in a theft by frud or such. Some states say one thing others say another on what daybreak can do. I hate to be the lawyer trying to figure out what they can legal do in each state.

granted what should have happen is daybreak just went after the person who did the theft and left everyone alone. But they seem to not want to do that.
  3. Fnyanea Augur

I'm guessing they are assuming everyone will repurchase TBM... 4 or so months before another expansion..... for the full price.....

I wonder what they have been smoking?
    Feldon and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. SKFOX New Member

In response to the car analogy earlier in this post. If a person were to buy a car then sell it quickly to another person and then charge back the payment to company it was purchased from, it then becomes property of the company again. The company has every right to repossess that vehicle and the person who bought from the other guy only has recourse against that person, not the original company. The only case people have here is to try and get there money back from the person they purchased their codes from and that is all.
  5. Aghinem Augur

Except this is many months after the fact...
  6. RabbleBabble New Member

All you people's arguments are invalid about these keys, I traded IN game Kronos for a fair market value of a DGB Gift Key IN GAME! I did not buy a key from some shady 3rd party, I did not pay "stolen TV" price for it, a Krono is $17 in game, the expac is $40, I traded 3 Kronos for a Key. IN GAME! The key worked until today. I traded in game for an in game item!

If I cannot trust that Daybreak can let items in game that are valid then how can I ever trust DBG to protect me! I never intended to defraud anyone and now I am out my Kronos? So do I go back to my credit card company now and chargeback the Kronos I lost?

I traded in good faith! I traded fair market value for in game item, I did NOTHING wrong!
  7. SKFOX New Member

game keys are not an in game item
  8. strongbus Augur

this is the issues going on. while YOU paid what is = to 40 via krono. the person who sold you the key got it form one of these 3rd party sites where they paid like $4 for it. and its the fact that form the time you paid for it till the time that the person who bought them form daybreak to resell did the chargeback on the game codes they where legal codes. So when it was in game for sale it was a legal code. but now that the chargeback happed it made it a invalid code.
  9. SKFOX New Member

except the car company does not care how long you had the car they want their money. It takes time to investigate where the car is and then money and time to retrieve that car.
  10. TBM removed New Member

This guy is not correct unless his parish/district etc is one that's completely off the map. 99.99% of the time the company has to sue person A. Person B is only liable for damage if they KNOWINGLY purchased a stole vehicle or knew person A were going to issue a charge back, anything else would not only be illogical but ridiculous.
  11. Teao New Member

Sony/DB made a HUGE mistake in revoking the 3rd party TBM keys. For years Sony wouldn't listen to their player base and did just what they wanted, which cost them a number of players. They can say well it was this, that and the other reason people left and keep fooling themselves, but we all know the real reasons. We all lost faith in them and realized long ago that regardless of what kind of money we dumped into EQ they weren't concerned with us. I know the consensus was DB had really stepped up with the unbanning of the 3rd party TBM keys, with no mention of this new decision 2 weeks later of pulling the expansion from people with the mindset, they can just purchase it with the next new one. I for one will not do that. I'm sure their will be others that will follow suit from talking to other players. They've made a grave error in their thinking of revoking keys two weeks later. Some accounts are still banned and have been since the initial banning. Regardless, for me the bad taste is back and I truly am wondering where to go from here as far as EQ goes. There are other games out there that haven't treated their players the way Sony/DB has over the yrs. The keys are just the icing on the cake.
    Kikinu, Gyurika Godofwar and Aghinem like this.
  12. SKFOX New Member

The threat of quitting is quite old. It is threatened anytime anything happens with the game, yet the people come back. Usually it is something that the company did, but in this case it is something you did and you feel it should be different. You knowingly purchased a key for cheaper than retail, or if it was gifted to you the person who purchased it for you knew this, you did not care enough to know if this was illegal or charged back in this case. The fact of the matter now is that you think you should have something that doesn't rightfully belong to you. You claim that you are the people who are keeping the game going, seriously buy buying codes at 1/3 of the price or lower, how does that keep the game going? the company is out a lot of money and they have given you a route to make things right, which is to purchase the TBM code from them and have your toon back at 105 with all aa's and stuff.
  13. Teao New Member

And that's the mindset I spoke of in the post. Old or not eq is sinking and all because of lame decisions over the yrs.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Teao New Member

Except in this case they knew where the cars were all along but chose not to retrieve them until they were duped.
    Kikinu likes this.
  15. Ghubuk Augur

They may have know where the cars were, but it wasnt until the chargebacks happened that they took action. Up until the chargebacks, there was no reason to take any action.
    That being said, I feel badly for people who legitimately thought the deal they were getting was real and sanctioned.
    But I can also see how DBG would need to do something as the amount of expansion keys that went out there with no money to them appears to have been quite large. If they allow it with no repercussion, it very likely could make it so that the perpetrators try it again and more people end up being scammed in the future.
    I am not sure there was going to be any good way to handle it.
  16. TwoScoopsOfHot New Member

Sorry, but you are absolutely wrong here.
    Link: http://nccriminallaw.sog.unc.edu/must-a-pawn-shop-return-stolen-property-to-its-owner/
    And pretty much an Google search or any search on any legal forum will tell you the same thing.

Explanation:
    So, Person A has something stolen by Person B. Who then sells it to Person C.
    Person A and Person C are completely innocent here, assuming Person C did not know it was stolen. They have both been wronged by Person B. So, the standard recourse is for the property to be returned to Person A and for both Person A and Person C to take action against Person B.

Basically, stop trying to treat Daybreak like they are the ones that stole from you. They are not, the person you bought the key/krono/whatever from is the person that stole from you. And you, unknowingly, bought stolen items, and those stolen items have been "given back" to their rightful owner.

It sucks for you, it sucks for the other people that got duped. It sucks for Daybreak too. It sucks all around. Could Daybreak have handled their customer service better, probably. But they are not the ones that stole from you. In fact, they were stolen from as well.
  17. nildiar Lorekeeper

No, they stole from themselves by ting 1 action saying it was a warning and turning around and going back on their word bait and switch or good old fashioned Indian giving well done daybreak well done /golf clap
  18. Ghubuk Augur

To be honest, they did not go against what they said. I saw the emails. They said they overturned the bans. The part about keeping (or not keeping) the expansion was never mentioned.
  19. nildiar Lorekeeper

Exactly they said it was a warning they were overturning the ban, never once did they say they were removing them if they planded to remove them at a later date and I suspect they indeed did. It was an omission and a lie of omission is still a lie.
  20. Tvarian Augur

I'm gonna say it... Good for DBG!

All the people whining seem to have bought code keys that are now being revoked. I've read many excuses as to why they feel they are entitled to something. It all boils down to this. They bought the expansion knowing that it wasn't from DBG, knowing that it was for next to nothing from a 3rd party, and they should have known it wasn't legit.

It's almost the same thing as buying an account from someone, and then having them take back their account as the original owner and leaving you out in the cold. Everything done on that account, that was legitimately paid for has no bearing because it was a non-legit account to you. Compare that to the expansion issue. Playing on a non-legit expansion key would nullify any claim you think you may have to legit purchases afterwards.

Rather that try to stick it to DBG with purchasing low priced key codes, which I'm sure DBG would have said not to purchase if anyone asked them about it, you should purchase the expansions the proper way and support the game.

At least DBG is giving those the options of getting back their 105 level and AAs that were earned through gameplay by properly buying the expansion.
    Kobrah and Hostile Meat Wizard like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.