catcus dot overpowerd

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I very well remember that kind of flavor...
    And don't miss it at all :)
  2. Kolani Augur

Instead of the cactus dot, can we take a minute to talk about the cockatrice pbae that sets all of your stats to 0?
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Have killed half the zone's population and many birds, never encountered it or if i did not long enough to notice?!
    Is that named only and i may hav missed it because of that? (i haven't killed any named bird yet)
    Anyways, since this thread is about trashmob abilities, and i have not encountered anything "bad" or more annoying than a stun in the form of a bird, i think the minute is over.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Unless it's a named, as zhaunil above said, I havn't had any problems with them at all. (I have not killed a cockatrice named yet though)
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

They're talking about Itching Poison. It's a spell used by "a majestic cockatrice" and "a grotesque succulent."

[45513] Itching Poison
    Target: Caster PB
    AE Range: 150'
    Resist: Poison -875, Min Resist Chance: 5%, Max Resist Chance: 15%
    Focusable: No
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 36s (6 ticks), Dispelable: No
    4: Decrease ATK by 5000
    5: Increase Reverse Damage Shield by 1515
    6: Decrease Base Stats by 3000
    Text: You begin to itch uncontrollably.

The loss of stats also seems to affect spellcasting somehow, because I heard complaints about a lot of spell-fizzling while the debuff was on.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

Did some poking around OT with my chanter/druid/mage box with tank/healer/wiz mercs. I actually found regular cacti not so bad. My druid had to throw in extra backup healing on them, but nothing too bad. All mine are far from max AA and geared in a mix of EoK T1/T2 group and TBM gear.
    I personally found skorpikis far more deadly. That AoE is nasty. I think I will have the mage switching merc to healer for those. I also found sabertooths rather nasty, looked like aggro was bouncing all over.
  7. DeadRagarr Augur

First day I went into OT on test server <day after launch> this does indeed happen with chicken named. My wizard fizzled about 70% of the time with the debuff.
    GoneFission likes this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Since it's only cast by two named, couldn't you have a separate spell set for them, and only use spells which are covered by Mastery of the Past? Then you're guaranteed not to fizzle.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I killed a majestic cockatrice twice yesterday. First time I just pulled my team to tank it at close range. Was a tough fight with my entire team turning into village idiots.

Second time I tanked it at range while the rest of my team hung back, was really easy then. The PBAE it does only has a 150' range, so any ranged class can out-range it.
  10. Axxius Augur

This debuff sets your base stats to 0, but you keep your heroic stats. Int/Wis casters can keep casting their main spells just fine, but hybrids start fizzling like crazy.