catcus dot overpowerd

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Cleaver Augur

I would love to see a group in group gear do the Group Mission in OT with 1 healer. Not sure its possible.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

It seemed super easy to me, but then again, raid gear and we had 3 people who could heal (cleric, druid, pally).
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Tucoh is a tank who has bothered to gear himself up instead of leveling in gribbles. In my prior comments about healing a group geared tank vs a raid geared tank and saying there isn't a big difference, he'd be one of the group geared I was thinking of.
    IblisTheMage and Elricvonclief like this.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

Interesting to see if it becomes possible with a mage pet based group. If there is the Plane of War mechanics of attacking the mage instead of the pet, that might be difficult to get around.
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Actually, they cast once and wonder why i laugh at them.
    Cast again to "show it to me", seeing me shrugging it off.
    Only THEN do they rush in and try to hit me with their stick or claws or whatever...
    ;)
    Bigstomp likes this.
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Gear doesn't make THAT much of a difference as group-makeup and total number of actual players (vs. box-teams) do.
    Also, since i see some people complaining about Rk3 spells that they might not be getting:
    Make sure you get the RK1/2 versions of the new spells asap anyways...
    They help...
  7. Cleaver Augur

Do you really believe that ?
  8. Tevik Augur

Not always. The bard nuke song is a downgrade from the 102 version of it unless you spend 100 AA to make our nuke focus line work on the new song (theoretically, anyway. I have yet to spend this AA).
  9. Khur Sed New Member

Well, I was completely TBM raid geared when EOK came out, and I managed to kill named in all the tier 2 zones, minus the deep one in kor-sha labs where you get hit by the super powerful aoe of the kar`zok.

I tried doing a Kar`zok grave robber...
    but let's just say that after 3 tries, I gave up. I'm only missing 3 items to be totally EOK raid geared, I'm 110, and I'm just wondering how will the group geared tank do in there?

I did kill the named in overthere, they were really hard, I'm talking needing to use fort+last stand to kill them. But I'm incapable of killing the first named I encountered in a tier 2 zone.

Maybe I'm not skilled enough, but my question remains, what the heck does a group geared tank do?
  10. Vanrau Augur

Gust of Atrebe is a directional AE so I believe it will only AE in the direction of whoever has aggro, so have the tank back up into a corner and keep aggro on it. Aura of the Kar'Zok is a targeted AE, 150 range. Put a wall between your healer and the mob and have your dps range it.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  11. Gialana Augur

I've found that the Kar'Zok will turn to the first on their aggro list, not the person at the top of the list, before they cast Gust of Atrebe. If the tank pulls the Kar'Zok, then everyone can stand on the opposite side of the mob. But if someone else pulls, that person should not stand on the same side of the mob as anyone who does not have the immunity.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Any castermob that gives xp, should be able to throw a respectable nuke(or dot) imho, no caster player would resort to melee only, as long as they have mana, castermobs should follow the same pattern.

Everytime I see a mob with a name like a_sarnak_archwizard trying to melee me down, I get a little dissapointed. Let them nuke(or AE) for 140k every x secs or so, but turn down their melee damage to balance things out...

That would give much greater variety to fights. :)
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

Come to Vox, its been done.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Read on, and quote correctly.

There's an "as" following your quoted part - as in: i compare something to something else.
    And yes, i really "believe" that comparison to be true.
    Actually, i even know it to be true.
    We are - or at least i am - also speaking group vs raid of the SAME expansion too, not old junk.
    And based on that: yes, that comparison as i made it IS true.

I am not saying gear is a non-factor, it certainly factors in "bigly".
    But even more than the what? 25k-30k or so? difference in H/M/E and some AC between EoK T2 group and EoK raid matters if you have proper CC for example, or a live healer, or a live tank.
    I even daresay that a group-geared, max-AA tank has an easier time and is easier to be kept up by that live healer than a raid-geared but under-AAd one.
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

It would also create more trains?
    Further i dimly recall that mobs don't actually have a mana pool, only a flag and a "token" manapool for taps/sieves.
    When i look at player-wizards, i always think of glass-cannons.
    Two-shot derringers. Small caliber anyways.
    And when a WIZ is oom after a few mobs and has to med... what would you as a WIZ do if you were a mob and near oom - gate to your spawn/bindpoint?

What you say/hint at has the appearance of a nice idea.
    But the implementation would kind of suck/have sideffects i'd rather not experience.
    Unless the whole combat/agro mechanic were remade as well. Or i were given a "you will not evade me" as mobs are :D
  16. Tucoh Augur

The cactus dots weren't a problem for me, but here's a re-enactment of my bard trying to split mobs in Charasis to do OT progression 2 at level 106 with Fading Memories 36/40 (and only works on 112 and low mobs)

[IMG]
  17. HeatherPurrs Augur

Daily. I'm not sure what OP was trying to BS about.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im not saying a wizard-mob should have all the spells a real wizard would have(save for special instanced missions, maybe :p ), give them a lousy casting range, so that melees/tanks can get close, utilize roots/stuns against them.
    A wizardmob spamming shadowstep, kiting around with tanks would only work on special occasions(like end of mission-nameds), and should not be a trashmob occurence.
    I Agree that it will need some balancing to work, but right now all mob-classes feel the same.

In older expansions, pulling 2 cleric mobs would result in endless healing spam from the mobs unless you adapted with stuns and burns, just to name an example...It added flavor to the fights :)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Caster mobs used to gate back in the old days. Was pretty fun when they gated, and then ran back cause you were still on their hate list, and picked up a train on the way back :)
    IblisTheMage and Elricvonclief like this.
  20. ArtremasEQ Augur

Group tank does just fine. If you've done EOK GROUP progression and have Essence of Dragon, then the Karzok are not a problem. If you havn't, stay the hell away from them. They are designed to kill you dead..

I've cleared every named in Sathirs Tomb several times over in the past few days whilst leveling up. EOK group Geared Shadowknight Tank. One Raid Gear Beastlord, everyone else ( Zerk, Cleric, Ench, Mag) are EOK Group Geared. (Al are now 110, and were max AA before expac). The Named are reasonably hard, have a lot of HP, but are totally manageable. For those that don't like Cactus Dots, yours going to LOVE the Viral dot in Tomb of one of the named that is twice as bad... Kicked my the first couple times, then I got it sorted.

Perspective: I was hoping ROS was hard, and brought back several of the things about EQ I missed. So far it has. Mobs are tougher than before. It takes skill to progress. Dungeons take a real group, often with a puller with a clue, and crowd control. There are not a lot of safe camping spots in several of them. 4 mobs in a room in a dungeon ? That s what a dungeon should be.

I've had to remember how to break, and hold a room / area, and know what, LOVING IT.

The only thing I'm NOT loving is the 110 XP bug. But thts fixed on test and I expect we will see it early next week. I'd love it fixed asap, but I'm also totally cool with them wanting to fix it right. Screwing up the XP system would be worse...

Caveat: yes, I'm addicted to EQ, I was 110 within 36 hours of release. so do not likely reflect anything casual. But also not max raid geared either...

Regards.
    IblisTheMage likes this.