<Cascade> - Upcoming "No Box" Progression Guild

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Radien, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Radien Elder

Like I said earlier, nothing is set in stone regarding loot rules and we are actively deciding on them on our forums. Everyone is more than welcome to voice an opinion.

Thank you.
  2. Finley Augur

I don't know why we're debating another guild's loot system; but the most effective loot systems will always be DKP (Treat your members like adults that can make decisions for themselves), with decay (prevent hoarding), with officer intervention allowed (eg first plate molds go to tanks).

Officer decided loot will always have real or perceived bias and cause hurt feelings.

Anyways, free bump. I'll certainly be checking out this server hope you guys kick a lot of butt.
    Gumby likes this.
  3. Gumby Augur

^this.

Best loot system there is. The hoarding is the only thing I dislike about the majority of DKP systems. Using a point decay method is the absolute best.

Any member that bids on things that isn't suitable to their class needs to be sat down and educated. If they continue to bid poorly then a quick boot out the door is in order.
  4. Dragonslaor New Member

why are you not doing dkp?
  5. Dragonslaor New Member

guess I should have read all the posts :) I wanna join the new server but with a dkp guild
  6. Finley Augur

I'm sure there will be plenty.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Indeed, something like this is what my guild will be doing once I get around to it.

Likely decay won't happen until Luclin however (since Classic -> Velious has no large power disparities in gear quality) but then most releases after that will have a decay that hits as a one time thing once the guild is ready to move into the new content (likely day one of the expac or close to it, but would be delayed if we weren't yet) to not be too cumbersome however.

And probably zero sum - since I've liked that variant in the past with appropriate software setup - don't have a software guy confirmed yet - but probably will have one to allow it without too much sweating over it.
  8. Radien Elder

While we appreciate everyone's input regarding the loot system, it hasn't been decided yet and we're encouraging input on our forums.

Back to topic discussion, guild roster is getting beefier every day, submit an app if interested! Plenty of time to make loot decisions as more server details are given.
  9. Tulgin Augur

What timezone are you in? UTC + or - what?
  10. Radien Elder

Mostly US Time (EST through PST). -0500ish UTC.
  11. Gumby Augur

I don't know why, but just the guild name makes me think about...

12. Radien Elder

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, quality Youtube necro though!
  13. Ziddly New Member

I'm not sure what that commercial is, but I love it. But seriously, I am looking forward to this server. :D
  14. Vaclav Augur

<Palmolive> or <Jet Dry> are the ones that kept popping in my mind. Figured the joke could've been taken wrong though.
  15. Radien Elder

Feel free to PST/in-game email ragefire.Rayde with any specific questions.
  16. Thegoat Elder

Loot council is infinetly better than DKP. It is so sickening to see a game changing item go to a warm body.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Loot council + human players = corruption non stop.
    DKP = you see what you earn by putting time in.
  18. Kragin Augur

Loot council is much better, look at the best guilds in the game, roi,foh,triality, all non dkp. Give loot to people that perform again and again, not someone who just shows up all the time.
  19. Korillo Augur

Yes hoarding dkp so you can get 1 item a week or 2 faster than you otherwise would and slowing the progression of your guild is definitely the optimal path to success
  20. Radien Elder

This is unfortunately turning into a loot system discussion thread.

As I've said several times, our loot distribution methods are not finalized. I would update this in the main post if I could, but it's out of the edit window.

Pretty please if you guys could please stick to guild related questions or comments going forward, that would be great. Thanks!