<Cascade> - Upcoming "No Box" Progression Guild

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Radien, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Radien Elder

Awesome, glad to hear that other guilds have put thought into starting up on the new server.

Regardless of how early/late we start recruiting, there will be players that don't end up playing come launch day for whatever reason. This is a progression server, which notoriously have bad retention rates. We're looking to start building a strong base to our guild now to prepare us for launch, help determine class needs, and put us ahead of the game regarding preparation.
  2. Vaclav Augur

Something will be posted once I've got an idea of the ruleset specifics that effect recruitment numbers - if they don't buff encounters I very well might just roll with old friends to start with since if everyone interested does show we're looking at probably 3 dozen right out of the gates with most being 75% attendance people without being able to schedule everything. [plus I'm not personally bothering if the instancing falls through]

All this is assuming you're serious of course with the timeframes I expect them to make more detailed announcements - I'd expect I'll be posting such things around Halloween or slightly before.
  3. Porygon Augur

Listen. If you play eq as well as you forum, then it's a match made in heaven. Coincidentally most of the active people on the forums also seem to be some of the better players I've encountered also.

Interesting
  4. Jord New Member

Anyone else notice this website looks strikingly similar to another guild that's on Ragefire, both leadership structure and website design?
  5. Zarakii Augur

Love how that No Bot part was added in there... yeah there hasn't been any problems on the current TLP's with botters
  6. Radien Elder

Daybreak is getting creative with server descriptions, as you can see.
    Gwoben and Zarakii like this.
  7. Radien Elder

If you're talking about forum style, there are approximately five phpBB 3.1 options for themes, this particular one is strides above the others.
  8. Hypnotix New Member

I don't know too much about forums. Although, most that I have seen look pretty similar.
  9. Tris Augur

Honestly. If you wanna win its more solid to race to 50 with a power group and then recruit from there. If you recruit this soon you will have a crew who most likely cant get to lvl 10 before the server is beat
  10. Radien Elder

We're certainly aiming to be among the fastest to 50 and in contention for server first progression kills.
  11. Radien Elder

Timestamps and a link to clips from today's Twitch broadcast that pertain to the new server can be found at the bottom of page:
    http://cascadeguild.com/

Feel free to check out Recruitment section as well. Thank you!
  12. Merau Journeyman

Ah, you guys were looking good til I got to the loot system....I like to call this the "Buddy/Pal" system, since I have yet to see someone use this in a totally non-bias manner. There's no way to accurately measure 71 normal raiders, who show up to every raid, unless you're using a kind of DKP/Bidding system. I feel so bad for the people who are gonna get pooped on from this system.
  13. Symbius Augur

Rewarding loot is actually a much better system IF the leadership is trust-worthy.

Just depends on if you want to actually trust them to be fair. If they can do that, it will work. If they can't, it will die a miserable death for everyone involved.
  14. Merau Journeyman

It's completely and humanly impossible to be completely neutral when it comes to dealing with hundreds of people and the distribution of loot. You can trust the leadership all you want, but people can easily fake what they are wearing to raids by swapping out a piece of gear to make it look like they need it more than the other guys who's shown up the same exact amounts of times. The system is just too easily abused in both cases of leadership and raiders.
  15. Radien Elder

The loot system is currently in the works and nothing is set in stone. We're thinking we want to prioritize gear in a manner that best suits the guild for progression. This would prevent the 99% attendance Shaman from winning an item like a White Dragonscale Cloak from a 95% Wizard.

Having said that, a DKP system is also being considered if the content is 100% instanced (which we're not sure about, due to the minimal server details released). We won't be finalizing anything until we get some more information and currently have a thread on our forums discussing how we want to handle loot.
  16. Sadsong Elder

Professional EQ players united!!!
  17. Radien Elder

Thanks for your support!
  18. Mogmaster New Member

Personally, I think that a partial loot council has the potential to be the most effective.
  19. Radien Elder

That's along the lines we're thinking. Lots to be determined until more server details announced, though.
  20. Merau Journeyman

The most effective and the easiest to abuse by an enormous amount. You can still have DKP and have side rules about certain loot. But having 1 person decide every single raid loot right for every class and person, is not going to work out fairly for everyone.

If you guys decide to change your loot rules, update your post so I know. Thanks.