<Cascade> - Upcoming "No Box" Progression Guild

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Radien, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Radien Elder

[IMG]

• PREFACE

Cascade is a raiding guild for the upcoming "No Box - No Bot" progression server to be launched by the end of the year. We aim to be one of the premier raiding guilds on the server. Recruitment is now open for players of any class. For more information, check out our website: here.

• BOX POLICY

All members are required to adhere to Daybreak's policies regarding boxing. This is, after all, a server designed to prevent many of the problems multiboxers caused on previous progression servers. However, boxing by traditional means (on a second computer) is permitted as allowed by Daybreak. The use of any third party program (not limited to [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], key broadcasters, etc.) is strictly prohibited.

• RECRUITMENT

Cascade is currently under a period of open recruitment. All players are encouraged to apply prior to server launch. When roster size meets an adequate number, the open recruitment period will end and all applicants will be expected to complete a traditional applicant period.

The trial period in Cascade usually takes about three weeks. After the initial trial period, the management of the guild will give you feedback on your performance. Based on your performance in said period, your application will be accepted, extended, or denied. Applicants are ineligible for loot during this time.

• RAIDING

Raids are not optional. If you are online you will be expected to attend any raid called. Voice chat is required for all raids unless otherwise specified.

All members are expected to perform at the highest possible level in a raid environment. This primarily includes understanding class and encounter mechanics. Beyond this, community standards are expected to be followed at all times, but particularly so when we are together as a raid force.

• LOOT DISTRIBUTION

Cascade awards loot on a weighted merit based system. We distribute loot based on many factors, including raid attendance, quality of upgrade, usefulness to class, and previous loot received.

Our goal is to put the loot where it will best serve the guild from a raid progression standpoint, we do not punish members for taking items that are not their best in slot but still a fairly decent upgrade. We place a high value on loyalty and attendance, and tend to award the best items to individuals that have proven themselves to be trustworthy and reliable.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: cascadeguild.com
    APPLY NOW: Application

2. Radien Elder

Reserved.
  3. Ducreux Augur

I don't think you understand how these forums work, you been playing EQ long?
    Raynard, lockjaws and Silv like this.
  4. Mabbu-EQ Elder

May the "Reserved" live on in for Eternity lol.

Must be a WoW forum kiddy imo.
  5. Seraphim Augur

Awesome website bro!
  6. lalaloup Augur

With everyone in their own little world here, it seems to fit in just fine.
  7. frankie78227 Augur

Now what should I name my new guild on live?
  8. uk6999 Augur

Palmolive
    Ducreux likes this.
  9. frankie78227 Augur

10. Zodiacrat0222 New Member

Another poop-sock guild?....Pass.
    I play video games for fun; for MY personal enjoyment. Not for some basement dweller to tell me how and when I to do what THEY want me to do.
    Have fun poop-socking pretty pixels and getting into loot fights with other pale-skinned, overweight, keyboard commandos.
    I'll just be logging in to have fun. :p
  11. Hypnotix New Member

Obviously there will not be any socking due to instanced content.
  12. Jaxarale01 Augur

Pretty fail trololol...
    New member...
    Instance content...

Try harder!
  13. Zodiacrat0222 New Member

Let's hope so.
    But I've seen DBG back-peddal and flip flop more than once on promised statements already. :rolleyes:
  14. Sagnid Augur

Why would I join this guild over another? What kind of history in Everquest does your guild bring to the table. Far the community knows, you could be casual with no chance of clearing content.
  15. Radien Elder

Thanks for your question Sagnid.

You're correct — we're a newly forming guild with a relatively small officer core. Having said that, we are well versed in progression content. We've raided through several variations of progression servers, perhaps most notably on Sleeper / Combine and traveled with our original Zek guild through several other games (Vanguard, WAR, etc.).

While we're under a new name, we're veteran players to EQ and have been immersed in EQ raiding culture for a long time. We're confident that we can build a strong raiding community on the upcoming server.
    Lee81 likes this.
  16. Kobra Augur

Do you live in a trailer park?

What is your education level?

What is your leadership experience outside of Everquest?

Are you on welfare?

The reason I ask these questions is simple. I will tell you a tale of 2 men. 2 guys immigrate to America at the same time. One guy decides to study English many hours a day and eventually despite all odds against him gets an Ivy League education, the other guy decides to live off the system, smokes weed, drinks himself stupid and runs an MMO guild (I know 2 guys who fit this pattern in real life, one leads a crappy WoW guild and my brother runs a top FF 11 guild, hes a terrible person, but he is a great leader).

I am looking for a guild, but I refuse to join one that doesn't have proven leadership. MMO leaders tend to be the worst people I have ever dealt with. Don't take offense to this, but most likely you're probably not qualified to lead an organization as large as a guild, but I may still be willing to join you if you're competent enough to know not to try and micro manage a player of my caliber (I would have near 100% raid attendance and top parses).
  17. Radien Elder

Interesting choice of questions

We started playing together in college and have since each followed our own path. Almost all of our leadership has some sort of graduate level degree, though I don't necessarily agree that it's a great prerequisite to guild leadership.

Regarding leadership experience in other games, I was reluctant to post here due to the mixed feedback, most recently I have raid led Mythic level content in WoW. While I understand that the games are fundamentally different, running a guild/community is a skill that crosses game borders. Myself and the other members of guild leadership are excited to get back into an experience similar to Classic EQ.

Finally, with regards to your comment about micromanagement play your class well, avoid drama, and there will never be a problem.
  18. Zephyroth Elder

If the raid target end up instanced, every small guild will be able to clear every EQ expansion, so this is a really good news, good luck Cascade and i will be seeing you guys on the new server !
  19. Vaclav Augur

I think you're a bit early to start recruiting myself - speaking as someone who will be recruiting for a guild - there's many things that we don't know right now that could really screw roster numbers up, not to mention people are notoriously flighty about where they sign up for this far in advance (even assuming it's early November like the earliest estimates - late December even worse).

Besides, there's a recruitment forum that they're going to either lock this because of or move this to.

Once we've got an actual launch date and more information about specifics that influence roster target numbers I'd imagine it would be a bit more sensible.
  20. Porygon Augur

I would like to formally apply to your guild.