Can't log in, says access denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reht The Dude abides...

Also, the devs aren't going to be the ones making decisions on whether or not to reverse this, it's going to be management, which means collecting data, meetings,etc. before anything gets passed back down to the devs/cs or whomever would be responsible for handling or fixing this situation. In other words, this a reversal is not going to happen fast. At best you can hope for a "we're looking into this and will get back to you soon" post.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Yeah, that was the other half of the post you quoted.

;-)
  3. Gilad Journeyman

Feel free to tell me where I'm wrong on this. As far as I am aware, every item has an Item ID variable associated when its created and all items of that type are grouped under that variable. The part where I'm a bit unsure of is the every unique item variable, but my assumption from past incidents and from working with code myself that there is some internal variable assigned to each item on creation to be able to track it if it's tradable. Granted with EQ's code it's probably hard to read at this point in time, but theoretically it should all be in the code itself

It it helps at all, I work in the IT industry with one of the top companies who create billing systems among other products. We have major products that are older than EQ is and to my knowledge for billing purposes you have to have unique variables per transaction so you can actually source them all back in case of a dispute. Considering Krono are a commodity purchased with real life money, I'd imagine they each have some way of being tracked individually.
  4. Sindaiann Augur

Does this surprise anyone at this point? Conversation with this one is like smashing your face against the wall and expecting a different outcome each time.
    Iila and Vdidar like this.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

No, but it's slow day at work so i thought i would slay a troll.
    Vdidar and Sindaiann like this.
  6. Vdidar Augur

As a matter of fact they are. Better luck next time.
  7. nectarprime Journeyman

Does anyone have any proof that they have been banned just because they purchased on Steam? I find that hard to believe.
    Yimin likes this.
  8. Yimin Augur

Better luck next time ? It is not my wish to get honest player banned , only cheaters and thief should be banned ....

Yi Min
  9. Gilad Journeyman

IT companies usually are working 24/7. The night staff is usually less than the day staff, but in most cases there is at least 1 IT guy on the site at all times. When it comes to a major issue with your product, there are normally calls that go out and a decision is made on if a 3am emergency meeting is necessary or if it can wait till the morning. My post was asking for some transparency on what is going on and at least an acknowledgement something is going on. I'm not asking for a decision to be made immediately. Something as simple as "we're aware of the issues are are looking into it" would suffice so long as there is some follow up later on. This practically the only company I know of that doesn't issue at minimum a barebones response within 8 hours.
  10. Gilad Journeyman

Do you really need more proof then steam pulling EQ from the store?
    domaca likes this.
  11. Brock Landers Journeyman

Here's probably what happened if this is hitting steam stuff...

Most of us who buy the game bought via daybreak, through website, prepurchase, directly through your account, we had no key to enter, just logged into account, bought it, logged into game and had it.

So what Daybreak probably did was go "lets just ban everyone who manually entered in a key code post beta because obviously they bought the key code illegally"

And since thinking things through is something daybreak and sony have pretty much never been even remotely capable of (come on, lets be honest, remember the that happened with the f2p launch and putting expansion in store for station cash and subs for station cash and the embarrassment sony made of it self having to back out of that haha) and never thought that some people were still buying it via steam or any other possible still legitimate game site (greenman maybe? dont keep up with them)

so ya, i can see some legit people getting screwed by this.
    Blart likes this.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Well...
    If I was EQ management, I'd <insist> Steam remove it until everything was sorted out.

If I was Steam management, I'd say Hmm there's obviously an issue here, we might lose this vendor over this, let's close it down until it's sorted out.

Neither of which proves causality of anything actually.

The H1Z1 DDoS attacks were largely organized on Steam forums and Steam bases subreddits as was proven by many links posted here.

maybe both parties are reconsidering their relationship in a cost benefit analysis kinda wheelie dealie.

It always seemed to me that most EQ players already knew about EQ.. What new players does Steam actually bring in vs how many would play eq without Steam?

I play Planetside2

I first played it via Steam, but the Steam client is a resource hog so I downloaded PS2 directly from DBG for faster game response.
  13. nectarprime Journeyman

Yimin likes this.
  14. Brock Landers Journeyman

i dont imagine anyone plays it via steam client or if it's even possible, but im sure some people used a steam gift card or steam funds to buy the game and got a code that way.
  15. Watajoke Journeyman

the base free 2 play part of it is still there, the cdkeys code's for the expansion and heroic bundles are no longer on steam
  16. Disappointment New Member

Attention Daybreak: This was a very bad idea on your part. Many innocent players have been hurt by this decision. Listen to your fan base, and let this one go ! Restore all banned accounts asap and find a better way to address this issue. You will loose an incredible amount of revenue and loyal players if not. I bought nothing outside of DBG and all 3 of my accounts are affected. Played for 14 years and will never look back.
  17. Gilad Journeyman

The thing is it's more than just TBM codes that got banned. Considering it's yanked from Steam for purchase means they up by banning way more than they should have. I think you missed what I was responding to. Guy said he doubts anyone got banned for steam codes. If people weren't banned for steam codes then why was it pulled from steam?
    Disappointment likes this.
  18. Vdidar Augur

They won't. Radar just shut down the thread in the other section.
  19. Disappointment New Member

Attention Daybreak: This was a very bad idea on your part. Many innocent players have been hurt by this decision. Listen to your fan base, and let this one go ! Restore all banned accounts asap and find a better way to address this issue. You will loose an incredible amount of revenue and loyal players if not. I bought nothing outside of DBG and all 3 of my accounts are affected. Played for 14 years and will never look back.
  20. strongbus Augur

cause form the sounds of it a person or group of people where buying the codes form both daybreak and other sites with deals with daybreak to sell codes, reselling them for cheaper then doing charge back to get their money back form buying the codes. until its all sorted out and these people found/charged/etc it be smart to not sell any more codes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.