Can't log in, says access denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aghinem Augur

Threads are already getting locked by mods, suggesting to contact CSR. Before this gets locked, please understand that many people can't get in touch with CSR because the website is melting down from all the petitions being filed, or because they simply can't access their account any longer due to the ban.
  2. Blart Lorekeeper

Daybreak is in office now. They're currently tweeting about H1Z1 and Holly is happy about Canada Day.
  3. Gilad Journeyman

I'm very confused on what you're trying to prove to me.

Person says: I doubt any steam purchases were banned, any proof?

My response: EQ pulled from steam store, what more is there to prove?

If steam codes weren't an issue, then would not have been pulled from the store. Yes, don't want more codes out there, but it's not like they'd stop steam codes if they didn't ban steam codes at all.
  4. RadarX Augur

Please contact Customer Support regarding your accounts. If you have purchased content legitimately they will absolutely review things and hear your concerns.
  5. Blart Lorekeeper

in before lock
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I'm going out on a limb here..

My guess is that particular thread was locked simply because it was a support thread in Veteran's Lounge and Radarx's post seemed to about cover it.

Practically speaking though, if any player is a false positive, roll up a fre to play and petition from there has been standard operating procedure in regards to any form of account lockout, ban, lost password, whatever and Everquest by way of SOE or DBG has NEVER dealt with direct account issues via forums.

I didn't see any threads locked in the Support subforum as of this posting regarding these issues.
  7. Tygh New Member

Easy solution....every cheap expansion that was purchased and resulted in ban should be offered the chance to purchase the expansion directly from DBG. Easy and fast.
    Blart likes this.
  8. Gilad Journeyman

My thread was just deleted.
  9. strongbus Augur

if you bought direct form steam yes you fine. but people where buying codes form somewhere and reselling them on other sites then getting their money back form buying the codes. those getting banned are the ones buying the codes form sites other then steam(sites not OK form daybreak to sell codes) and at a cheaper rate.

But to stop it they have to stop selling any codes. so that means telling any site that sells codes to stop selling for a time frame.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

11. RadarX Augur

I've merged everything into this one because we don't need 3 on the same topic. Please do not discuss moderation to ensure no more is necessary. I completely understand the frustration surrounding your concerns and want to allow that discussion here but it's going to have to remain in the forum guidelines.

The veterans lounge thread was close because that isn't the Support forum. This is where that conversation belongs and where I have no issue with players discussing it again within the guidelines.
  12. Lilura Augur

Why do I get the feeling Daybroke is putting more effort into locking threads than answering questions?
  13. Gilad Journeyman

So someone on your end screwed up by banning way more accounts than you were intending to so instead of reversing the bans and putting forth the effort to actually achieve what you wanted from this and hit it at the source you're punishing the end user, your customer. From an outside perspective it looks like you guys literally banned any account that had ever used a digital code. So since you guys did something completely pants on head you're going to double down and burn the people supplying the money for your jobs? This is how you get laid off by killing your paycheck cash cow.

I realize you're just the messenger so sorry if this seems directed harsher on you then it's meant to. I just don't understand why you guys move at a glacial pace before making big decisions normally you decided to make a very fast decision on this (I refuse to believe your management is incompetent enough to not think this through and come to this conclusion after your usual drawn out process) and the response is to have people clog your support systems.

This issue has barely impacted me personally but I'm just livid at the absolute level of customer response being provided. Get caught up to the present day for how to deal with your customers or this game may have just been dealt the finishing blow.
  14. Kravitz Augur

I don't think you are realizing that this isn't just expansion codes. Daybreak sells Heroic level 85 boost codes as well as Heros Forge armor unlock codes on Steam.

Its not an easy solution, how are you going to revert Heroic Bundles codes that granted level 85 boost and people have played their character on, are you going to revert them back to the day the code was purchased, do you think they can even go back that far in reversion?

How about Heros Forge armor codes people purchased? Are you going to go back and revert back the flag status of using Heros Forge armor and make all the sets people purchased through Daybreak marketplace since they bought the HF unlocker code.

While the majority of players may have bought expansion codes, there are quite a few that bought Heroic bundle codes too. Stop thinking its just expansion codes.
  15. Gilad Journeyman

Didn't realize it was merged into it. My mistake. As you said, very frustrating situation and the lack of transparency / responses has been infuriating. Let alone this was done at a terrible time (right before holiday weekend)
  16. Tygh New Member

Just offering up a partial solution. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
  17. Kobrah Augur

Here's the clue to what's going on.
    Cicelee likes this.
  18. gotwar Gotcharms

Can we expect any kind of official response from Daybreak other than to contact support?

I've had a support ticket in since last night and have heard nothing.

In response to your reply in the other thread, what will be done with accounts gifted keys from friends? If we can legitimately prove the keys were gifted, will the bans be reversed? What about people who bought illegitimate Krono with in-game currency, thinking it was a legitimate trade? Neither of these things are against the TOS, and these types of transactions are the exact reason they were implemented.

We all have a lot of questions and would appreciate an answer, even if it's just "We're discussing it, be patient." You're the only Daybreak employee to have addressed this issue, so you'll have to excuse us if we have you in our cross-hairs.
  19. Blart Lorekeeper

This really only hurt players on normal servers.

TLP players (DBG's cash cow) are unaffected.
  20. RadarX Augur

I don't I believe I said any of this so please do not put words in my mouth. I said if you have concerns regarding the status of your account Customer Service is more than happy to discuss it with you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.