Can't create a character + login queue

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MaestroM, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yerm Augur

This isn't a video game launch. This is an additional server on a very old existing game. Maybe next time put more energy into server consolidations or freeing up some extra resources for launch day, and less making arbitrary changes to mob density that apparently isn't even reported to people like Absor internally?
  2. Piku Elder

While I understand only so much can be done since it's such an old game, can't improved software fix something like this? Can't they just like...connect multiple hard drives with ethernet cables to increase capacity or something?
  3. AgentofChange Augur

Your queue adds 0 people to the game Daybreak. Care to comment?
  4. Moranis Augur

Queue has stopped going up...stuck at 19m for the last 2-3 minutes...it must be a sign!
  5. Mashef Augur

I think polite people who bought bags should be allowed in first from Queue.

You can go ahead and let me in..thanks.
  6. Turkeygoblin New Member

Cos the queue box is extremely badly worded and confusing. You can't close it. If you close that window you leave the queue.
    Not that it matters, there is no queue.
    The queue is a lie. People stuck at 1minute for 30 minutes? Lol. Nobody can get in that isn't already in. They capped the server pop, not the login server pop. Dumb.
  7. Gleamz New Member

It's not the login queue that's the issue, it's now getting into the game and finding all the best spots camped by the 'lucky' ones already, especially if any pre-made groups have gotten in.

Back in the day when EQ first went live I remember spending ages in CB waiting for a camp spot to open up. Now I'm a lot more patient.

I suspect the game is going to be crap for the first few hours anyway until you let the 24/7 types move away from the newbie zones and the rest of us can play at a slower pace.
  8. Fethos Lorekeeper

Got on to play, my wife says, "So you'll be staring at the server screen for 2+ hours like last time right?" I said, "Nah, they've done this a few times since, this one should be ok".
    Jokes on me.
    1m que window, 36 minutes later, and still don't know if i should press ok or not.
    Xabre likes this.
  9. rikkon New Member

I bet Nagafen will already be dropped, and bots will be owning the efreeti camp!!!

muh pixals
  10. Ellis Elder

This is getting kinda stupid, I was in there the second the server came up and here i am in a queue still
  11. Remind Journeyman

this is like when PoGo first came out.
  12. Gemini Syringes Augur

They look like a company with a very popular product. Blizzard makes DBG's yearly budget in a week and their servers have login queues during launches as well. GTF over yourself.
  13. Stigmas Elder

People need to relax. What they want is for people to trickle in. Not Have several thousand people log in at the exact same time.
  14. viphex New Member

mine has also capped out at 19m. Only 19 months to go!
  15. Jeffrey Lebowski New Member

I've been through multiple launches. I'm not crying and I expect there to be issues. I just can't stand the people who act like anyone who complains is a crybaby. They have every right to complain because they're paying their money. You want to sit back and swallow what they're jamming down your throat and smile about it you go right ahead.
    gluteous likes this.
  16. nagash101 Augur

mine is at 19m
  17. svann Augur

In queue...
    Average wait time 3 minutes
    30 minutes ago
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

I could have mowed my lawn by now!
    nirriri likes this.
  19. MabbuAgnarr Journeyman

Might consider raising these caps bro...my toons in game only see 4-5 people around them right now..which is crazy low...my other toons are sititng in a seemingly endless queue....get with it.
  20. Turkeygoblin New Member

Yeah nobody knows. I tried pressing okay when I had it at 4 minutes and I waited 5 minutes before doing anything, and then pressed play again and it went to 11 minutes. It's completely unclear as to whether you should hit okay or not, and what to do from there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.