Cactus rethread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jadenpain, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Belexes ForumQuester

A lot of you nerds sure have anger management issues. You get this enraged from a game not working properly? How do you manage when things go sideways in your real life...if you ever visit it?

All ya'lls need to grow the Hades up unless you are all in grade school or junior high, then just keep being you.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

Dart likes this.
  3. Gerbert New Member

"Better late than never but never late is better" - Drake 2k10
  4. Natal Augur

That is nonsense. The Devs have access to the complete data spreadsheet, simulations and of course they can test it themselves with a variety of set ups. Suggesting otherwise is to accuse them of gross incompetence, and that is simply not true. Developing content does not involve slapping something together and then depending on player feedback to see if it works. The devs have all the data and know what their intent is. The purpose of beta/test is to find unforeseen bugs, nothing else. It is NOT used (at least, if the devs are professional they would not) to tune events. Which is not to say that the devs won't consider player feedback - they will, because they are selling a product and it is in their interests to deliver a product that will entertain their customers, but they do NOT depend on player input to do their job.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Agreed. It’s pretty disgusting that guy’s childish rants got other people’s likes too, but I guess they call it an angry mob for a reason eh.

At this point if he mailed them all a $100 bill they’d still freak out like children. Is what it is.
    Belexes likes this.
  6. Slippry Augur

lol, good one.
    Sancus likes this.
  7. OrchardField Journeyman

I’m at work following the thread. So anyone who has done this since the hot fix, can you post your experience? Does he go invulnerable with ANY adds (including the initial?). How many hp aprox? What are his attacks/DS like? If it initially was a 2 on a 1-10, was upped to a 9, where would you say it is now?
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

But seriously same situation...I’m curious, too!
    Strumph and IblisTheMage like this.
  9. Belexes ForumQuester

Heck ya, I hope they are on 11 now if just to see the meltdown on the forum.
    Oakenblade likes this.
  10. Feznik Elder

I hope they turned the nob down from11 to 10.9999:p
    Belexes likes this.
  11. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Decreased his AC , HP, and ATK by 1
    Belexes and Feznik like this.
  12. Asus New Member

Just depop the quest giver for 2 weeks again. /bravo
    svann likes this.
  13. ArtremasEQ Augur

We just killed it. Quite doeable now. Named hits for sane amounts. 28k or so, Group geared SK under CG and Epic. plus group geared (max AA, EOK/Ros group gear) zerk, bard, sham, cleric and one Raid geared Beastlord.

Still has the same mechanics, still need to kill some adds etc, but killable. Took a few goes to get method.

Tank being ported was nasty wipe still. That happend twice. I don't like that mechanic, as in a group, there is NOTHING I can do about it cept die. If any grp member dies, you loose the DPS to continue really.

It is still hard, but sane, (as opposed to insane).

Regards

Art/Hez.
  14. Cleaver Augur

Horrible mechanic tank should be immune to the port/banish. This isnt a raid where a half dozen other tanks can pick it up.
    Pirlo, Buktum, svann and 1 other person like this.
  15. ArtremasEQ Augur

Yes Agree.

Shadowstep, especially the range this one does, is basically a "% Chance Guarenteed Fail" mechanic. If the wrong character is ported, you fail. Tank or cleric really, Though IMO Tank port is def fail. And No, it didn't insta summon my back, like you'd think, had to run back, and by that time it had killed people.

I don't mind mechanics I have some chance of controlling, or using a disc on etc. But that one for a group is pretty brutal, and can't see anyway around it.
  16. Belexes ForumQuester

Easy there slick, let's not get these nerd's hopes up like that. For goodness sake man, put an emoticon that shows you are joking around. It is the language they understand.

#Claimers
  17. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Beat it...

But there's no pick up groups anywhere near the group game beating this group mission-- even after the re-tune.
  18. Wulfhere Augur

I think all tank classes have a "Battle Leap" AA, so that will get you back on Cactii quickly if you're still in range for that ability.
  19. Cleaver Augur

The shadowstep/banish is way further then battle leap will work.

This should just be common sense. He kept the port in because its in the raid. In a raid you have 8 + tanks that can pickup the named. In a group you have 1 tank you port him away the group wipes. chance mechanics like this are dumb and a waste of our time.
    Annastasya and Koryu like this.
  20. Razorfall Augur

Still needs some more tuning. The mob difficulty is fine, but still way too many adds to DPS them down and get back on boss before next adds. At least with 1 add making him invulnerable

Absor still drunk from New Years for sure