Cactus rethread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jadenpain, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Trotts Journeyman

Tried several more times, seems if you can't burn him down before the 2nd burgeoning spawns your going to have a hard time.

Boss 120 million hp, immune can be dropped after first sprout is killed
    Burgeoning adds (12 mil hp) spawn every 90 seconds
    Sprouts (3.8 mil hp) spawn every 45 seconds, and mature into succulents (4-10 mil hp) in 90 seconds

Still trying to figure out what exact drops his immunity, the first sprout drops it, but after that It seems like I have to kill every single mob alive to get it to drop again which means if you can't kill him in 90 seconds your probably not going to get it.
  2. DruidCT Augur

I'm sorry Absor, but this is still stupid. You agree that this should be the easiest of the group hero missions. The group hero missions are the only thing that gives expansion group currency. I dare say the people that can finish these missions don't need the currency and the people who do can't do the missions. Kinda sucks. I don't mind these missions for progression, but you failed to put in other currency missions (like in EoK) that are doable by most groups.
  3. ArtremasEQ Augur

When we won it, (3 times now), killed monstrous, one spouting, and burned named dead, just.
    Sustained DPS was 1.3mil dps in 100s.

That is however VERY hit and miss (more miss than hit) and is a total dps check. Several wiped groups for each win. Several times got to 5-12%, things poped, and went south.

We've tried the other way, killing everything, and even with the sustained dps, can't (yet) get it dead that way. Gone on for over 10 mins, before Boss Got Stronger (was a message), and killed us off.

Tried that a few times, various combinations without success. A Guild mate has done it that way though, but he has stronger ranged DPS in his box group.

This does not meet any definition of *easy* I'm aware of. The mission is HARD.

Given there are only 4 sources of group currency, and they are all brutal, not sure how anyone expects to be able to do them enough times to buy augs etc. Never mind the armour bits that are there in case you dont' have Selrachs.

Yes, the origional one took SOME people a few mins to kill, but umm, so ? Still can't do it more than every 6 hours. Regardless if this takes 1 min, or and hour to win, amount done is same.
    Of course, that assumes its actually doeable by a regular group. (I do not presume to classify my box group, or friends group as *regular*, have max AA, good gear).

When done by a group of Raid geared characters, it gets destroyed. So the fully raid geared don't have a drama. Raid foci and weapons makes all the difference in DPS.

Appreciate the tune down by Absor, but still seems a ways from *fair*. Raid toons waste it and move on to VP, everyone else is really going to struggle.

Regards

Art/Hez. - Bertox.
  4. Kolani Augur

I was hearing people say last night that this mission is now easy if you're running EmCue. That's unacceptable.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  5. Candaan New Member

If Dev's are worried about peeps farming the mission too much, why not extend the lockout timer to say 20 hours, vice making the mission undoable for casual players.

Why should casual players buy the expansion, if they can't do any of the missions?

Group contents should be challenging, but doable by players without raid gear.

Raiders have their own challenges with raids. Don't tune group content to raid gear please.
  6. Trotts Journeyman

'EmCue' wouldn't really make any difference, you can see the sprouts on the ground the instant they spawn. At the end of the day a group geared group I think isn't going to be able to burn 100-120 million dmg in 70-60 seconds (depending on how fast you can kill the first sprout, which has 5 million hp).

It just boils down to can you do 120 million dmg in 60 seconds, raid geared ppl will of course have no problem, group geared people will. I'm done trying it for not, kinda sad that the primary people that would benefit from this mission can't complete it.

My group can complete end of empire, but not fell foliage now.

I also have to say, I don't understand the logic here. Prepatch this had 33 million hp, and you have 90 seconds to kill it un-mitigated upon engage. Now it has 120 million hp AND you are handicapped into having to waste 15-20 seconds killing 1 add to unlock the boss's hp making your burn period shorter.

So let's sum this up.

You took a 33 million hp boss, with a 90 second 'enrage timer' and made it a 90-120 million hp boss with effectively a 70 second 'enrage timer'. Can you please rethink the numbers here?

You more than tripled the difficulty of the mission, even after the re-tune. Do you guys expect a group geared group to be able to dish out 120 million dmg in 70 seconds? I don't think that is realistic or fair is it?
  7. Denial_Sinfae Augur

This also makes VP reserved only for raiders and their friends going forward. Nice!
  8. ArtremasEQ Augur

Cactus has around 90 million HP, but you have only 10s (Before goes Invul) and another 50s to do that damage after 1st sprout, assuming your on the ball and burn sprout into dust fast.

Depends who gets punted and when, and how far away sprout spawns, and how fast someone finds it.

We havn't been able to win the other way, killing everything, with a melee group. Spend too long hunting down sprouts, and everything spawns too fast. The DPS discs wear off in 45-90 seconds as a rule, and it starts going backwards...

I know others have, but they are raid geared. ALL say its still damn hard, and unforgiving on the RNG with the punt.

Checking logs, for 3 wins, had 12 wipes so far. Quite often fails were due to tank or clr punted into ocean.
  9. feeltheburn Augur

idk why people jump on the raider bandwagon for this.....Just so you know....this CLUSTER**** of a mission is by no means a walk for the raid geared either, quite the same problems as the rest are having. The time check dps check mechanic of this mission, along with the shadow step feature make this mission a crap fest no matter the players.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. mmats Augur

Theres your problem. Melee classes cant pull their weight in this mission. With the boss dmg shield + having to run into melee range on sprouts, this makes them completely ineffective. Replace the bard and rogue with mag + wiz.

Melee are just SOL this expansion apparently.
  11. Stephen51 Augur

You may want to re-think the group armour also. As I understand it, the ROS T1 cant be made without EOK T2, and ROS T2 Cant be made without ROS T1. A lot of people may have replaced their EOK T2 with OS gear, which was marginally better and tributed the EOK T2. So if you cannot complete the group missions, the ROS armour pieces are useless to you and you will need to go back and farm EOK T2 in the previous expansion.

The Irony here is the only people who can complete the group missions and accrue currency to buy group gear base, wont need it.
    Xapy and Lorai like this.
  12. Spellfire Augur

It would be helpful to have another way to earn group currency. Other expansions had heroic adventures; RoS for some reason doesn't have them.
    Xapy and Lorai like this.
  13. Vallistar New Member

Dude you gave ADDS the DS of the boss. Absor WTF are you doing? This is impossible in group gear maybe even raid gear with melee. Go ahead post a video doing it in Selrachs with 2 melee. I'll wait. Hell do it and I will sub on 3 accounts. This pisses me off so much I have cancelled both accounts. This is the POST HOTFIX version!!!!!!!!!!
    Gyurika Godofwar, Xapy and Lorai like this.
  14. Scorrpio Augur

Well, at 110, camping a few namers in Chardok/Droga/Lab should be not too hard. But yeah, how about making it an option to use Conflagrant instead of EoK T2 ...
  15. Monkman Augur

Okay we all need to clear something up... it's kinda annoying seeing a bunch of you complain about a "damage shield"...

It's not a damage shield... the boss puts a debuff on everyone that converts 5% of melee damage done back onto the player... it can be purified via monk body (self only 4m timer)

What happened to the above poster is he/she attacked an add with that debuff on themselves.

I also agree with feeltheburn, it's not just group players feeling this... so stop blaming raiders please.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  16. mmats Augur

All those people that rolled berserkers last expansion are now like

[IMG]
    Pirlo, Vdidar, Sheex and 2 others like this.
  17. Sklak Journeyman

As you only need about 1.2 million dps sustained over ~80 seconds to beat the mission now (and luck on shadowsteps not hitting healer or tank), just log in with your well geared 3 person holy trinity of a tank / healer / slower, unpack your <40> mercenary army dps caster raid for support, put all 40 casters on burn, and voila! event almost doable if get lucky on shadowsteps. Oh, except the merc toons probably won't engage the sprout, so nope, even that won't work.

Yes, an event that requires only the equivalent of ~40 mercenaries to have a chance. Definitely intro level mission for the expansion. [and the next 2 missions are also tuned for roughly this level of sustained dps, or just a tad less, to have a good shot at winning]
  18. Wulfhere Augur

Another thing about shadowstep spells is they cannot gain altitude (are go through "real" walls). Find a low depression in the terrain for the battle site, and you shouldn't get ported far at all.
  19. mmats Augur

A sh!thole?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Drogba Augur

Honestly, i'm not finding the mission challenging as a raider, i bring a proper group when i go to do it, and it has fallen over quickly every time, without issue.

Attempting the currently broken 'atrocious' achievement is much more challenging though. I've been bringing a second healer for that one.