Burst Parse

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bertirum, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Dday99 Journeyman

I don't really agree with that, this is the design philosophy in a lot of mmorgs out there but one thing I really like about EQ is that the classes have real differences. I do agree that no class should be "undesirable", but they should excel in different areas. If they lack a bit in dps, they should make up for it in group buffs.

That said in a perfect world rogues, berserkers and monks should probably be doing roughly the same dps with equal gear/aa/levels, since they are all technically "pure melee dps" (with some side utility benefits). I'd like to see all of their sustained dps boosted in comparison to the casters, I always thought melee were supposed to be kings of sustained and casters kings of burst.
  2. Brogett Augur

Even between those 3 classes I see issues. There a nuances in how you do damage, how likely it is to work, whether it comes with penalties, how good are the secondary roles, etc. It all plays into balancing.

Eg. Let's say you could create a new class with the sustained dps of a monk, the burst of a berserker, the tanking of a monk, the sneakiness of a rogue, the lack of position dependence that a monk has and all the poison choices of a rogue. Certainly it'd unify (for a change) all monks, berserkers and rogues in their annoyance of the new class, probably unanimously calling it overpowered or claiming it makes their own classes redundant.

Therefore it follows that those attributes I listed DO have an impact and need to balanced off against each other. Sometimes dps is part of that balancing.

However I do agree that all pure melee should have better sustained. It's daft that in last expansion melee were kings of burst while casters were kings of sustained (topsy turvey!). Some of it's been addressed, but without all of it we're in an even worse situation now.
  3. Pirlo Augur

This post is like a train wreck, yet I can't help to look at the carnage.

I see on a nightly basis Wizards, Berzerkers, and Rogues battling it out for the top 10, doing between 200k and 230k. Sprinkle in a monk and magician on occasion. Then of course you have the Necromancers pass all of us when the fight drags on.
    Very fun, very competitive.

Seems like all is good in the world of balance.

And lol at that one rogue who says rogues need dps help. Quit being dishonest or quit the game, big
  4. Fansy Augur

The only real issue is that one of those classes that can drop 200-250K on 60 second fights also can sustain 95K for 10 minute fights.
  5. Brogett Augur

I'll call your bluff I guess - give us some of those 200-230k rogue burn details then please. If you can't then it's pure trolling.
  6. Gragas Augur

Hmm, is this a reference to Ancient Cry of Chaos that gives the entire raid outdated HHE that most classes already have a better self buffed version. Hate to break it to you, but ACOC was held against berserker's personal DPS for a long time when the version of HHE we have was actually current and relevant. Most berserkers don't even use it anymore on burns unless we have a warm spot in our heart for SK's or mage pets, because most toons that would benefit from it have a better self version or are getting RF from a beastlord/quicktime from a bard and is a waste of precious non regenning endurance.
  7. Feochadan the Savior Lorekeeper

Remove 100k from rogues, add 100k to berserkers in your posts, and we'll start to believe you have seen a raid these last months.
  8. Pirlo Augur

Brogett,
    I am here to publically eat some crow.
    After talking with some Berzerker and Rogue friends and guildmates alike, I have been told by numerous people that out of the elite 3, Rogues are hurting somewhat, and need 'all the stars aligned' to do a 200k burn.
    So I apologize to you and your community, and I hope in CoTF you guys get the appropriate boost to get competitive top numbers more often.

I hope after the dust from CoTF beta settles, the elite 3 can have some fun on the parse.

Cheers
    P
    Krickitt and Reht like this.
  9. Phraxas New Member

This jsut happened tonight for one of our zerkers typical adps grp..... As a mnk i cant explain it and i cry looking at it....

/GU Dain Frostreaver IV in 45s, 53489k @1188643dps --- Detriment 11018k @314790dps (20.6%)
  10. Gragas Augur

It's ok you more than likely stopped crying when you tripled his combined total and good job on whoever overwrote Dain's DS.
  11. hakmer Augur

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why not show the percentage of damage to dain from the zerker? monks doing 315k parses.. there's what needs to be nerfed.....
  12. Gladare Augur

Read much?
  13. Slasher Augur

So as a monk you cry about a parse from a burst class when you're a sustained class ? Thats like a necro crying because a wizard beat them in a 60s parse no . Lets not cherry pick fights and post unrealistic parses like what happen in VOA. Show the entire event or show nothing.

I see nothing wrong honestly. Its 45s which is the highest point of a zerkers burn (rf) only last 36s and FR even less. It also means he had PERFECT support which happens 1% of the time because bst cant grasp the concept of hitting RF right away or the shaman can't or the bard cant use quick time right away or one of the 3 is a and dies to something stupid or they're afk when we engage should I keep going ?
    Pirlo likes this.
  14. Pirlo Augur

The sad truth is Necros ARE beating wizards in a 60 second fight

/pours fuel on this flaming train wreck
  15. Behelit Augur

divide his dmg by his dps, he was on it for 35 sec (so more than likely had RF for the full duration). also considering how much a lucky max hit+crit Rampage can boost a 35sec parse its a pretty silly thing to look at duration wise. Rampage alone could be as much as 25-30k dps of that parse if he got max crits on all 12 hits. given Rampage's 3min recast the dps from it obviously plummets as the fight goes on; dropping to around 3-4k by the time it refreshes. However the 2nd rampage will do far less damage since we are no longer disc'ing meaning the dps from this AA continues to drop until burn refreshes in 12min or 4 rampages.

still a nice parse but very short duration parses are prone to sky high numbers with some lucky rng.
  16. Phraxas New Member

I promise im not crying just posting this for a zerker im proud to call a guildmate seeing as the topic of the thread was burst parse. I'm not calling for a nerf, nor am i suggesting one. Kind of like when a parent puts a bumper sticker on their vehicle my child is a honor role student for _____. This is my bumper sticker lol
  17. Slasher Augur

A zerker isnt doing that with the rampage button. Rampage is at least 75k of that parse though maybe more and it isn't from hitting rampage AA.
  18. Slasher Augur

Your wizards suck . If wizards are losing a 60s parse to a necro they need to just reroll. 60s for a wizard should = 200-250k.
  19. Soulstealler New Member

Ditto this... On my BEST nights i'm hitting 125kish and that's rare perfect group + perfect mob + perfect position.
  20. Marton Augur

Yes, when the wizard is AFK in guild hall....:D