Burst Parse

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bertirum, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Bertirum New Member

Okay so Zerkers CAN get up to 200k burst with our top burns. Note the group make up, Shaman, Rogue, Monk, Beast Bard, Berserker.
    [IMG]
  2. Slasher Augur

3. Bighitz Augur

this is taken from the middle of your burn, it might drop significantly at 45 sec. and also you are not burning 200K you are burning 188K. 8% difference roughly.

but yes, since last patch (not this one) we have been doing well on burst.
  4. Bertirum New Member

Well these are numbers I hadn't seen before so, was pleasantly surprised when I saw this going. Yes it is mid burn, but it is also on Xorbb1, which isn't a good parse raid for us anyways.
  5. Bertirum New Member

Also #7 on the parse is another Berserker missing a Beastlord in his group.
  6. Brogett Augur

Out of interest, what were the other classes there? I see a lot of high dps - a nicely skilled raid it looks.
  7. Gladare Augur

Lol Bertirum is Rokath, Brogett.
  8. Brogett Augur

Ah, well definitely a well run raid then! :)
  9. Feochadan the Savior Lorekeeper

According to recent parses, this zerker is slacking badly.
  10. Pucelle New Member

Ya but you still suck, Bert =)
  11. Brogett Augur

The bigger slack is the fact that the 6th in that screenshot did half the damage of the 1st, with just a handful of players reaching their optimal damage output. I know this guild, and it's very much like my current guild too; it's the curse of family oriented mid-tier (well these guys took it up a notch from mid during this expansion) raiding. It'll be due to a mix of lack of the right support classes on the night and focus.

I think every guild will have a few players that truely shine though. It just varies whether you have enough of them!
  12. Fansy Augur

But yes we should tune around that 6th toon and ignore supported melee that can do 200-250k burst and hold 90K+ for 3 minutes.
  13. Slasher Augur

I love that idea how about we ignore casters bursting for 200-250k and sustaining 150k for 3 minutes with limited support while we're at it.
    Jimbo of Oggok likes this.
  14. Fansy Augur

One caster does that and again see my posts since November on it. As a burst class 200-250K is team good them doing 100K for 3 minutes is team evil.
  15. Jimbo of Oggok Journeyman

The issue is not that we can't burn. It's that without great support one person of the same class is only doing 50% of the dps w/ support. (assuming comparable gear level / skill)

This could all be fixed by updating warcry which has never received an upgrade ever.

And like others said, the SEVERE drop in dps after burn is ignored
  16. Brogett Augur

Lol where did that remark suddenly emminate from?

And since when is one screenshot of a zerker doing 190k now "200-250k burst and hold 90k+ for 3 minutes"? After 190k after 40sec? That means the remaining 140sec would need to be 61k to achieve the 90k for 3 min. That's just not going to happen. Have you ever looked at the dps-over-time graphs from GamParse for Beserkers and Rogues? It's VERY spikey, with drops down to 20-25k once all discs done. Our sustained is just woeful compared to necros, wizards, mages, and even enchanters.

Basically all int casters can outdps ber/rog on sustained damage, so burst is all we've got left, and even that doesn't cut it any more.
    Bighitz likes this.
  17. Slasher Augur

In the interest of being honest rogues are the ones who need more help right now.
  18. Songsa Augur

Yea i'm a bit tired to always read "melees" can do this "melees" can do that. Berserkers can maybe do 200-250k (good to them) but rogues ARE VERY VERY FAR from that even with full support. So people try to be a little objective and avoid shortcuts THX.
  19. Bighitz Augur

Basically what Brogett said. from what i have seen berserkers are a lil behind rogues on sustained - but our burst is fixed now.

I also think its rogues turn to get a fix to burst. After that devs should look at rogue / bers sustained dps.
  20. Feochadan the Savior Lorekeeper

325k spotted for 30s, 250k seen previously. That's why I called mockingly a 200k parse "slack", I missed the wink. Probably some sikret combo this zerker does not know.