Buffed Velious NPCs on Progression servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Prathun, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Prathun Developer

Looked into this. Skyshrine uses dataset alt1, not the base zone, so I caught the wrong version of Yelinak's spawn. This has been fixed. Thanks for letting us know!
  2. ForumBoss Augur

Is every mob with MoTM going to have an associated DZ on Phinigel?
  3. Prathun Developer

We'll start looking at that when we get a little closer to Phinigel unlocking Velious.
  4. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Prathun,

I'd buff the named Flurry Drakes in NToV.
    In addition to Dozekar, his minis in the wing (which are intricate to finish the quests) should also be buffed.
    List looks excellent otherwise. I think I got all the flurry drakes and minis :)
    I'm actually pretty excited with all these buffs, especially for Velious. It'll be a good challenge.
  5. DryalRmog Augur

Why would you suggest buffing trash that drops no loot? I do not agree with buffing Flurry drakes...
  6. Caster Lorekeeper

No clue why you would suggest buffing flurry drakes.
  7. Deadliest Journeyman

I dont know if i think they should be buffed but i surely understand his reason.

Flurry drakes was considered very hard back then, now without the buff they will just be nothing like trash in VP and stuff.
  8. Deadliest Journeyman

+1
  9. Finley Augur

Considering Phinigel is set to pass the other two they ought to just get the instances up and running then testing would be easy.
  10. Kiani Augur

It means he will only spawn in the main instance of the zone - which is presumably the main point.
  11. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

The purpose of the buff is two fold, to align the encounters with similar raiding values of "the old ways", and to prevent petwalling. If they're not buffed, they are going to be too easy, and able to be petwalled.

The danger aspect would be significantly diminished if they are not buffed. Way back when a surprise flurry drake would often decimate a raid. They should do likewise again.
  12. -wycca Augur

I have a feeling plenty of guilds will continue to be surprised at a flurry drake add even without a buf. ;)
  13. yukan Augur

Lol, Dima is asking for raid mechanics to not allow for pet walling after that was his primary raid strategy for pretty much his entire existence on Lockjaw?

Some of the mobs you listed drop loot, and for that purpose alone, I completely agree that they need to have the buff to avoid people creating picks to farm raid level loot. Many mobs you listed, however, do not drop loot. By including mobs like a lava defender, an onyx defender, an emerald defender and a sky defender, you are literally lobbying to have trash mobs in NTOV be buffed. These mobs are not associated with any specific raid event, and even if they were, they have no need to carry the buff.

Additionally, I can't recall the exact respawn timers of the flurry drakes, but in the event that it was something like 72 minutes, buffing these mobs could completely change the dynamic of clearing NTOV trash in a way that was not originally intended by decreasing their spawn time. Depending on the spawn timer of the loot dropping minis, like Kalkor of the Maelstrom, this could have the same unintended effect too. But regardless, there is no need to give flurry drakes this buff, and I'm really not sure why Dima is lobbying for them to have it.
  14. Machen New Member

You can employ a strategy and at the same time think it would be best for the game to change and no longer allow that strategy to work. ALL of the top RF/LJ guilds employed petwalling at least some, but I bet quite a lot of them are happy that it has been eliminated as a tactic.
  15. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

The majority of the mobs listed - 14/18 - drop unique, raid level loot (Including many best in slot quests in the east wing). Flurry drakes have always been an intricate part of NToV, and should be buffed, much like the "trash" guards that have already been buffed. They qualify for the boss criteria listed by Prathun.

Bingo.
  16. Gremin Augur

I agree with buffage on the mobs listed by Dima. When DHS raids its not to just run rampant over mobs, we want challenges. Buffing these mobs will continue to ensure that happens.
    Warrior007 likes this.
  17. Vaclav Augur

Poor Aorthaf if it does happen... poor, poor Aorthaf.
  18. GrugSA Augur

0 of them drop BiS items
    Much of what you listed has Phers and/or short respawns
    Only the HoT named always drop loot and they only drop partial quest pieces similar to Sky trash with Cursed effectively being bosses in sky.
  19. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

When you say buffed, do you mean retuned or actually MotM buffed?

Retuning is fine but I don't think they should be MotM buffed any more than non-boss Sky or VP mobs were.
  20. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

I don't think adding MotM to the flurry drakes does anything but extend the amount of time it takes to complete the clear. If you're doing something to cheese the drakes and just barely skating by, the actual boss monsters are just going to crush your raid anyway. Adding mark to the HoT minis probably makes more sense just so the number of completed dozekar quests doesn't get out of control and make the other raids in the expansion seem unrewarding and pointless.