Buffed Velious NPCs on Progression servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Prathun, Feb 23, 2016.

1. ElaidaTL Augur

He is right. We were doing Vox and Naggy with 30 people. If thats do-able I foresee some velious content bosses to be the same. It really is just a matter of applying what you know and not cutting corners. More numbers does not = an easier win. Hello Cult of Chaos Bind rush on Vox.
    Dethecus likes this.
  2. ElaidaTL Augur

I should say.. does not ALWAYS = an easier win. They can sure help tho.
  3. Seraphim Augur

So, most guilds fail at racing or fighting other guilds for world spawns and you want them to change instances because of that?? Isn't the point of the worlds spawns on Phinny to help create some sort of guild challenge??? Cause otherwise whats the point? We might as well become World of Warcraft and all live in instances the rest of our lives.
  4. Darth Augur

That's what the bass want.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

You forgot Neb, in Dragon Necropolis.

At a minimum, he should only spawn in the base zone. (Key to Jaled Dar for Sleeper's Tomb mob). I know the door can be picked etc... Just the principle of the thing.
  6. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

What about the ancients in ST? They started spawning at some point after the warders died on Fippy.
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  7. GrugSA Augur

You can skip him in multiple ways.
  8. Healiez Augur

When are you planning to stop with the MotM? Velious? or are you going to continue it into luclin, PoP or beyond?
  9. Progress Augur

I think this is a little bit of over kill for the Phinigel server. On Vulak in the guild that I was in a majority of the mobs on that list were not "easy". I remember wiping quite a bit in NToV to various dragons just due to the AE damage and mechanics of the fight. Even farming armor pieces in ToV had some wipes when multiple AE mobs showed up at the same time. On Phinigel we don't have the 6-20 boxers that RF/LJ have and there are quite a few mid range guilds with 50ish raiders which makes these fights a difficult task just due to sheer numbers.

Also, why are the 1-2 groupable named being added to the list of mobs with the MoTM buff? All that says to the player base is that if you aren't in a raid guild then you don't deserve to play on the Progression servers. Whenever Lodizal, Kelorek'Dar, or Lord Bob would spawn it was usually a call out over guild chat for a couple groups to form up and race to kill the target. There are always going to be farmers and it's even more apparent on servers where you can box a ton of characters, but Phinigel should not be lumped in with those rule set servers.
  10. Finley Augur

Do you feel challenged by the world spawns? Who would you say on Phinigel is giving you the most competition?
  11. Varisath Elder

Buffed Lodizal is a Krono Farmer's dream come true. If he has a reasonable repop rate (unlike Drusella Sathir which I compare these two), then maybe it won't be so bad.
  12. Barathrum Augur

I am still in shock people bring up DPS racing or open world spawns! Are you really that sad that you think gaming will ever be this way or should? I suppose congratz on being good at something in life... Well fare loot tell that to everyone on phinny.... I guess in your sad minds killing these targets used to make you feel big and bad and maybe like a god... but in reality if everyone back then had lock timers and legit raiding... It would be really nothing special..... Most people would have high end gear and rock all the content... the truth is the your holding onto some false sense/since that this makes you good @ Gaming or good at MMORPGS OR over all good @ PC games... EQ is the only MAIN STREAM GAME TO EVER HAVE DPS RACES... IT FAILED AS IT SHOULD....................

Is y our MMR over 4500 in Dota2?
    Are you Diamond + In league of Lame?
    YES
    YES

I AM IN A TOP GUILD THAT DPS RACES OTHER GUILDS (1-2 maybe 3 ROFL) ON A TLP EQ SERVER........................................... E V E R Y G A M E R L O O K S A T Y O U A N D

R O F L...

Yes or No on teh welfare for naggy/vox @lvl 60 on phinny for the expos
  13. Pikallo Augur

[IMG]
  14. Barathrum Augur

Gotta state facts on open world spawns / DPS racing........ and we never got an yes or no on naggy/vox killing them in the EXPOS @60 they are not kicking out ATM and i want welfare COF
  15. Xanadas Augur

Garou was never a "raid mob" or even a multi-group mob. HE's level 38/39. Putting MOTM on him would be ridiculous IMHO.
  16. Darth Augur

Put MotM on all Velious mobs, just to be safe imho.

Even the first spider in Velks should have MotM, kind of like a "Welcome to Velious" moment.
    Xanadas likes this.
  17. Healiez Augur

I for one can't wait to raid the northern temple of vex thal!!! 15-20 minute fights praying one of your ch rot clerics do t slip into a coma is super fun lol.

Xegony is ever clerics favorite pop encounter right?
  18. Barathrum Augur

Preach
  19. Prathun Developer

Good point. Added several NPCs from post-Sleeper-awakened Sleeper's Tomb. Thanks!
    Bewts and PathToEternity like this.
  20. DaedorAlive Elder

I don't get why there is so much crying in this thread? Isn't the whole point to be challenged by the boss mobs?