Berserker Decapitation on Riposte

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Maxdosage, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Maxdosage New Member

Wondering if this will be/has actually been looked in to. Every zerker in my guild i've talked to all have their Decap going off just fine from ripostes/reckless Disc. Mine however, will not. I know there are a few other berserkers having the same problem, but it seems completely random...
  2. Gragas Augur

It used to only fire off of ripostes. Would look at your augs and AA's, heroic dex seems to have a positive effect for any/all proc rates, frenzied defense would make you fire a frenzy that could proc decap.
  3. Maxdosage New Member

Got frenzied defense maxed, still have yet to see a decap from riposte. Pulled trains many times and use reckless aswell. Seems very random for the people that have this issue as 90% of berserkers are fine. Only a handful seem to have this issue. I've also yet to see a proc from Frenzy as well... not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.
  4. Gragas Augur

What's your dex?
  5. Maxdosage New Member

it's 1008, but I just confirmed it doesn't proc off frenzy for me. Just spent 30 mins hitting nothing but frenzy on a dummy in GGH and not one proc.
  6. Gragas Augur

So do you get it to proc at all? When they introduced the AA it only worked if you were tanking stuff, they they broke it and it did not work, then figured it out so it was working with mobs that actually gave you meaningful XP for about a month, then the Level Cap for ROF went to 100 and the XP gain is now minimal and mostly only useful for farming stuff. Then it did not seem to work with piercers and that got fixed as well.

I went to guild hall and hit a test dummy, it does not seem to proc of of frenzy, but it does proc off of swings, Volley, rampage. Can not test to see if it fires off of frenzies from frenzied defense because the dummy does not hit back. If you are riposte discing, then you are hitting stuff ie returning a swing every time they swing at you, if it does not fire from that would chalk it up to RNG, and it is decappable more than likely it is gonna die from you hitting it everytime it swings at you.

Looked thru my logs from where I was PLing someone in Grounds (for free) and using Reckless, decap fired quite a bit. Then I went down and looked when I used my big disc combo with Furious Rampage, same deal lots of Decap procs. Now can I narrow it down to whether it was actually firing from actual weapon hits, Rampage, volley or from frenzied defense hits, not exactly because they do not always seem to fire from everything I do all the time just randomly. Yes there are Gragas hit soandso for Decap Dmg directly after you frenzy on Soandso, so therefore deduced it was from frenzy, then again it could be the defensive frenzy but not sure because those filters are off for spam sake and pretty safe to assume the mob is swinging at me.

So is the bug repeatable for everyone, evidently not.

Not proccing at all would be a problem and evidently only existent for certain people, /bug it, /petition it, PM a dev to see if there is something actually wrong with your toon.
  7. Wawa Journeyman

I have the same bug. Won't proc decap off ripostes no matter what. Posted about it some months ago but i'm like 100% sure devs won't ever fix so /shrug
  8. Slasher Augur

I've train pulled convorteum hit reckless nothing else did not swing rampage or anything. I died checked logs no decaps.

Now with 50 mobs beating you with reckless up it would fire no matter what at least once the chance of it not firing would be astronomical if it actually proced off rip since it would have a chance to proc on EVERY rip and 50 mobs in 12 seconds you have a ton of rips.

So yes it is bugged.
  9. Faxity of Tunare New Member

Slasher, Did you have attack on? that might be the bug. I've been doing some PL sessions in the grounds on my Berserker and noticed that decap would proc occasionally on an add i didn't have targeted from a normal riposte.

If you didn't have auto attack on - try that again to see if that will allow it to proc. Though, it might be difficult to keep attack on in situations where the mobs die so fast. Maybe target another mob that's not in the pack so attack will stay on then you'll also know that its not just procing from auto attack.
  10. haswb New Member

I posted in the other decap thread a while back. It's definitely bugged. My zerker cannot decap on riposte on live servers. If I test copy and repurchase AA I can then decap with ripostes. I put that in the other thread a while back. It is a tremendous difference once I reset those aas and pull a huge train of decapable mobs.
  11. Maxdosage New Member

Attack on or off makes no difference, just wish I knew what caused random berserkers to get this bug so that it could be fixed easier.
  12. Liliana Augur

I wonder if it depends on the order you purchase the aa's
  13. Sorox New Member

Checked my berserker and he decaps on riposte(more apparent with VT riposte cloak).

He's also decaps on throwing daggers summoned from the VoA belt. Is that expected? I was throwing decaps in SHIP(insta-kills) and OBF(summoned).
  14. Jonny Panic Augur

There's an AA that adds a frenzy attack to your ripostes. I can't recall the name.

Decap can fire from frenzy.

Just a thought.
  15. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

Frenzied Defense.
  16. Slasher Augur

Curious those of you who can decap from rip or say you can. Did you make your zerkers before or after VOA ? I've tried it on 2 zerkers made pre voa who cannot and 2 post VOA who can. (100% positive its not actually rip) and it is infact the frenzied defense AA.
  17. Maxdosage New Member

Post VoA, and Frenzied Defense AA's maxed. However my zerker cannot decap from frenzy, but fires from normal melee attacks, volley, etc.
  18. Gragas Augur

Here's an image to help clarify what most people mean when they say Decap procs from FRENZIED DEFENSE AA firing after Riposting, not actually pressing frenzy button, but riposting then FRENZIED DEFENSE AA firing and proccing decap.

These are ice giants from revamped permafrost, the little one with his head chopped off is a ice giant youth and died from Decap, never targeted him, never swung on him (except riposte), never volleyed him, never pressed my FRENZY button, but did FRENZY on him from FRENZIED DEFENSE and then decapped him.

The big one with the yellow target ring is an ice giant that was targeted.

[IMG]
  19. Ishtass Augur

I would never have understood this without the picture ;p
  20. Wawa Journeyman

As previously stated on these boards I'm one of the people with this bug. Only thing I can think of that could be causing it is some variation of the de-level bug, where you buy an AA and then drop the level and the AA fail to function properly after that. I know for a fact I delevelled from 100 to 99 on our first RoF raid night due to too many calls and no rezzes. Might have lost level previously too but can't remember that. Other zerkers that have this bug remember if you lost levels along the way?