Berserker Decapitation on Riposte

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Maxdosage, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Quatreh Elder

i never de-leveled a decapitation lvl, btw on test if i reset my AA + rebought all i can decap on riposte
  2. Colateral New Member

I am having the same problem I can't decap while using the Reckless discipline. How long have you been waiting for it to be fixed?
  3. Colateral New Member

I would ask for some free gold membership and some in game items to help make things right when they fix the bug. That's what I am doing
  4. Quatreh Elder

i m still bugged, i m unbugged ONLY on test server because i can reset AA from myself
  5. Colateral New Member

Is there a certain AA that needs to be reset cause I got the GMs to reset my Decapitation AA but I am still bugged. I am thinking frenzied defense might be the one that is not working properly?
  6. Liliana Augur

When you reset your aa on test, what was the order you purchased the aa? Decap first or after some of the frenzied defense aa's?
  7. Quatreh Elder

decap first then frenzied def
  8. Abazzagorath Augur

I wonder if the people who are able to decap on riposte on mobs not targetted are the ones that are bugged.

After all, you're not supposed to be able to offensive proc on a mob you don't have targetted anymore. Can one of you guys borrow and earthshaker and see if you can go pull a swarm and shakerpage like in the past?
  9. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

I have an Earthshaker and I can confirm you can't Shakerpage anymore.
  10. fransisco Augur

wierd, so its possible decap on riposte for untargeted mobs was a bug the whole time?
  11. Abazzagorath Augur

I can't tell you that, but I do know that parth of the way shakerpaging originally worked was by proccing on riposte (and then obviously the procs off of procs off of procs etc) and that was how it was nerfed in the first place. The devs made it so offensive procs could only happen on a mob you have targetted, so it seems odd that decap should work on riposte since its just an innate spell proc essentially.

I haven't tested it out much on my zerker, but does spell dmg mod3 affect the damage from the proc? Curious if maybe its considered as something different by the game than any other spell proc.
  12. Gladare Augur

Headshot is affected by damage mods so it's not spell damage. I imagine decap is similar.
  13. Chunk Elder

It counts as spell dmg. Almost all of our zerker abilities have been spell dmg lately. It doesn't make any sense, but that is just how it is.
  14. Gragas Augur

Guess anything that procs on a group of mobs would be broke then if you go with this theory, like Shining Bastion, AE rains, AE arrows because you don't have all of them targeted, right?

Most DS's do more damage to mobs than Shakerpaging did in it's hey day so they must be broke as well because you are not targeting all the mobs.

And evidently Riposte discs have always been broke because you are not targeting all of the mobs but yet you hit them all when they swing at you.
  15. Hatsee Augur

As decap is a direct rip off of headshot I'll just comment.

Our AE's were nerfed to not work with headshot because Elidroth said that he didn't want it working on anything but our current target. As he made decap I would assume he didn't change his thinking since that nerf.

If it's working on a riposte of anything but your current target I'd wager that it's not intended. Not out of spite or anything so petty, that's simply what these abilities were stated to be meant to do back when ours was nerfed. He may have changed his mind but I wouldn't bet on it.
  16. Brutality Journeyman

My zerker works just fine with decapitating mobs I'm not targeting, although the RNG doesn't always favor me lol.

Wanted to comment on Decap vs headshot. Coming from an old ranger main who switched to berserker for some reason... headshot is still the king. by far. Combining vinelash cascade with the ability to headshot gives rangers an all but invincible grinding option in which they don't even need a merc. I do it all the time with my ranger... my zerker however needs to have the merc rolling while I'm decapitating unless I feel really ballsy for a rip pull.. and that USUALLY ends up in me having to fade or rez. So I'd appreciate leaving the headshot vs. decap comparison out on this one. It's nowhere near the same.

P.S. to Abazzagorath

Decapitate is not boosted by any damage modifiers. For example, when my ranger hits bullseye rank 3 my headshot damage goes through the roof. When my berserker uses any such discipline or damage/spell damage increasing gear, it's still the same two numbers. Crit and non crit decapitate.
  17. Gragas Augur

Actually Decapitate damage can be boosted by Illusions of Grandeur.
  18. fransisco Augur

benefiting from a bug isn't really reason to not fix it
  19. Quatreh Elder

a ranger just told me that atm he can HS more than 1 target at the time ( lvl 12/28)
  20. Gragas Augur

Seems to work for necro dots not sharing timers like the rest of the other classes in EQ?