balance.. where art thou?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drogba, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I dont want to hear it. Im a top 20 rogue server wide and I bust my with all the latest and greatest shizzy ... I agree with the O.P. on everything. You two are calling out those other mele classes because YOUR chanters and Warriors Suck... not the other way around.
    Vrinda likes this.
  2. MrMajestykx Augur

that must be it. oh btw just because rankings says anyone is top 20 dont mean they can tie their own shoelaces, plenty other classes on e rankings that aint top 20 and can show some above them a thing or two. and btw?? I ve see warriors that werent "mine" post here not necessarily agreeing with all this nonsense, but back to you e waving!
  3. ShadowMan Augur

Don't want to make more generalizations but usually when I see a line like this my first though is look someone with gear that assumes they are top of their game because.
    Thraine and MrMajestykx like this.
  4. MrMajestykx Augur

amen
  5. Reval Augur

I like how people try to use the thread to make themselves look better, or insult other people. It's like you've got 5 scientists with white robes and beakers and , and then you've got 50 maury povich audience members, and they all coexist together. That's cool, man.
    NameAlreadyInUse and gotwar like this.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Did he just call Drogba a noob?
  7. ShammyAlt Journeyman

This I agree with, but the tanking ability while in DPS mode should be severely neutered.
    Tanks using a 2H can put up DPS class numbers and still tank 3-5 mobs at a time consistently.

Raid geared DPS toons are tanking 1 or 2 mobs at best.

Monk staff block got nerfed so bad they are struggling to tank 1 mob anymore without earthforce, and they are supposed to be tank-ish. The tank-ishness was an excuse for lack of DPS before, but this has been stripped in EoK.
  8. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Ill finish this for you. Because they put in the time and effort to position themselves in such a position so therefor have the experience to know WTF they are talking about.

I know there would be a few responses like this ... whatever. Im here to tell you the OP is correct in his assessment.
    Vrinda, Sikanle and Yimin like this.
  9. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Let me digress a bit .... I love that our raid tanks can wreck face!!! But 300k dps enchanters is redic.

Just some thoughts -- Monks deserve to be on par with zerkers ... however I can agree that monks should tank a little better and zerkers should dps a little better ... rogues should DPS better when positioned correctly. Rangers should DPS better when the fight is ranged. Casters should have their own separate rankings. I.E. Necros should be best on long fights... wizards short fights ... maybe enchanters IF raid mobs can be charmed and used as DPS.... etc ... you guys know what I mean ... everyone should have a chance at being top dog IMHO.
    Sikanle likes this.
  10. shiftie Augur

This is a top 20 comment of the world
    Act of Valor likes this.
  11. Zaknaffein Augur

I have enjoyed this thread.

I was worried I would get bored during semester break.

Please continue.
    Drogba and EnchFWO like this.
  12. EnchFWO Augur

All I want for Christmas is this thread to remain unlocked~! :D
  13. MrMajestykx Augur

its Christmas they cant lock down the gift that keeps on giving!
    EnchFWO likes this.
  14. catcattank Elder

still not seeing more parses or seeing people test under ideal conditions other than shammyalt. If no more parses even get posted, it tells me that you guys don't really care that much about DPS in general. The top DPS and classes are broken down worldwide in the #1 game, across thousands of guilds on a weekly basis.

One possibility that is not being considered is that this is the intended DPS level for SK's and others. In other MMO's/ARPG's, outliers are quickly and swiftly dealt with if it is outside the scope of calculations or "vision" of the developer. My theory is that drogba is the only skilled shadowknight in the game and the rest are just lurking in his shadow, because no one else is coming forward that is a tank and saying anything about it.
  15. Cicelee Augur

If you are a tank, regardless of class, and are doing more DPS than actual DPS classes are doing... why would you want to post a parse for fear of being nerfed? Probably why you are not seeing parses being posted.

Apparently current SK's used to have a main necromancer. They have learned the first rule...
  16. p2aa Augur

Any exceptional tank can reach 162 k, this is why "tanks" is one class here.

There are other rogues that did way better than this number. This means the 82 k rogue is bad.
    You don't use bad skill player for balance.

No.
  17. p2aa Augur

Can you prove us this ? the videos posted in this thread show the tank using a shield.

Ah yes, got ya. So a rogue or a berserker can tank 2 EoK mobs, and a monk struggles to tank 1. You are very credible.
  18. Drogba Augur

Nice try. I've been pummeling piles for years, the extent to which we can do it has continually improved vs current content over the past few years, outside of the many times when they flat out break and then fix things, (crit gloves, shining bastion, cotf invincibility cloak, etc).
  19. ShammyAlt Journeyman

I said 1-2 at best for all of them so, yea, lines up. Yep I can prove it, I already linked an SK doing 150k tanking 1 mob with 2hander, so I'll just get ya the same SK tanking pulls of 3-5 mobs with 2hander, and the dps will be even better with 5 mobs of ripostes.

The tank using shield in video is tanking 30 mobs, not 3-5.
    Vrinda likes this.
  20. ShammyAlt Journeyman

So let's compare the top ROG on the parse with the mediocre tank... Way to pick and choose data arbitrarily to support your agenda.

You don't even follow your own logic, you just said any tank can hit 162k, and you don't balance around bad players, so why the heck would we pick the WAR at 75k? "there are other tanks that did way better than this number"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.