balance.. where art thou?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drogba, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpeace Augur

Or just cry at the top of you lungs in almost every post to nerf tanks? Not saying the DPS on some tanks or DPS classes are correct but letting Warriors DPS when standing with thumbs up their is not a bad thing.

Also seeing how some people think just because they play a DPS class and hit auto attack they should win DPS parses are shocked and getting beat by people getting full ADPS and mashing the crap out of everything to max their DPS when they can.
  2. segap Augur

Zerks are very strong right now. No question about that. The problem with this parse for rouges is that event durations between 8-10 minutes are our weak spot. It has us using our weakest disc and ends right before our burns pop back up. If we know it will end at right under 10 minutes, we can rotate in some early popping stuff to bump up our dps at the end a little bit. 11-12 minutes is probably our sweetspot as we get two full burns in before other dps classes get to use theirs a second time. This assumes events that everyone burns from the start. Top zerks are untouchable regardless. By what margin is debatable.

That SK is putting up some impressive numbers for a tank. Yet, I still think the dps classes being beat need to re-evaluate their play.
  3. Yimin Augur

As the OP says here where is the balance ? No class should be able to kill this many mobs from new content in a swarm all in one pull ! By the time this mess is fixed some who could do this wont need to lift a finger to get any more AA

Yi Min
  4. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Put 2 zerkers in a group with a bard, tank and merc healers. Count how many mobs you can go through in an hour.
  5. Yimin Augur

Maybe you should watch the video ....A tank should not be able to tank 25 yellow coned mobs at one time from new content . if you don't think that is OP , then please explain to use what you think OP means ?

Yi Min
  6. segap Augur

Tanks were doing that in cotf. The question should really be whether or not they should indefinitely, or only when certain discs are available.
  7. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

That isnt something new really. TBM was actually harder but before the melee ae nerf raid tanks could pull an entire instance with 2-3 ae melee dps in group and kill it all in under 60s. Then afk for timers and repeat.

Especially when they tune mobs around the weakest denominator. If you put raiders with knowledge, gear and power in settings like that this is what you get. Partially EoK raid geared tanks with full TBM raid in other slots are going to do this all day every day.

That and stances.
  8. Lisard Silly

In regards to the whole parse topic of sirene's everyones picking at.
    1. sharty event (limbs, physicallity, character spacing(setup), boring as all h#ll of an event)
    2. positioning ( i like rocks )
    3. there's a reason that monk never gets limbs or physicality (solid minute of FDing in that 10 min event)
    4. you can't gauge anything from someones parse without knowing all the angles/scenarios/whats actually going on in said parse(full log?). all you can see is oh look person ABC did XYZ in 123 time
    5. Yes SK/War are OP right now, yes Zerker is at an all time High right now.
    6. 30 pages of this and you are all still saying the same things. It'll get nerf batted to hell in due time. let them enjoy it. I personally alrdy rerolled a zerker and can put up crazy numbers(2-3x that of my monk) with only 10kaa and EoK group gear.
  9. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Why not? They have intentionally given tanks AE aggro abilities with no limit on the numbers of mobs those abilities can affect. Stormwheel Blades, Wade In to Battle, Harmonious Expanse for Warriors all have unlimited targets. The one AE ability we have with a target limitation, Roar of Challenge, is awful precisely because it checks against a maximum of five. Why would devs bother to give tanks abilities that allow you to build and hold aggro on large groups if they don't intend you to tank large groups? Seems like counter-intuitive design.
  10. Maedhros High King

I know the Sk that Sirene's post listed. He is extremely elite. That does not reflect the typical reality of what most Sks are doing for dps on that raid.
  11. Lubianx Augur

Just pointing out that this isn't exactly true. Pallies have a mob limit of 8 on both of their AE agro abilities.
  12. Bahdah Augur

I can press attack.
    Yimin likes this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Can you do so while swimming in a pool of Krono like Scrooge f'ing McDuck, sir? I bet you can.
    Bahdah likes this.
  14. Xeladom Augur

Any glyphs or intensity used in these parses?
  15. catcattank Elder

Here I was, thinking other people would post parses in response to Sirene's legit parse (ty!)

Every class seems to be afraid of doing too much dps and getting nerfed, look at the necromancer's TWO secret forums, they won't post burns on public ones.
  16. Vrinda Augur

I knew you had one necro in your group, but didn't realize there were two. It still seems you'd be better off with a zerker, mage, or wizard, maybe even another tank in your group than a necro. Not that I'd turn down the offer if you wanted to PL me, of course. :) Honestly, I've never used that aura for anything but farming gray trash for tradeskill items.

That's the one thing the devs haven't taken away from me yet. I can still farm gray trash with my necro for TS items.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

Yes.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Recent event, top tank I see is #22, and was tanking the mob the entire time (so all that riposte glory)
    (warrior)

Next event (an older event) I see a tank at #22 again (different tank - depends on who gets to tank and who can use a 2h).
    (SK)

Another event, tank at #24. Believe the mob spent most of the fight as undead.
    (Pal)

In all 3 cases dps classes are blowing us away.

Edit: What I'm saying is maybe your dps classes are bad and need to look at that instead of an exceptional tank making the parse.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  19. ShammyAlt Journeyman

Here's a log if anyone is still curious. Not the same one I linked earlier but the same situation. A little less than 2 hours this time.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2g8yz4x97afg5m/eqlog_SK_xegony.txt?dl=0
  20. catcattank Elder

do you have a magelo for the sk and monk?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.