An Epic Retelling

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnchFWO Augur

Supposedly there is a title but it's currently broken AFAIK and it's unsure if everyone gets it? But yeah... given the new MM HH catastrophe preventing anyone from finishing period - the whole thing is kindof garbage now.
  2. Daislet Augur

I cannot understand why you would not mention this quest in the patch notes to give everyone a fair chance.

8 of the plaque positions are held by 2 people on my server. And it seems from this thread that other people have 2-3 positions on other servers as well. Did they have unfair advance knowledge is one of the questions I have to ask? (why for example keep the task locked if it was available? )
    This could have been a pretty good race if folks had known about it equally, and would have prevented folks from "secreting" their knowledge, in order to do more classes.

And now with the MM update achievement being unobtainable for the next 6 weeks. How is that going to be fair now to the folks that work it out first?

I appreciate the work you put in but the implementation of this quest is a shambles.
  3. EnchFWO Augur

I bet if you transfer to Vox or Trakanon you could get all the plaques for yourself!
    roguerunner and Iila like this.
  4. eqnewb New Member

ahhhh, why is the rogue ornament so small?
  5. Kobrah Augur

yeah my claws look much bigger on the wall .. and theres 2 on the wall I only have 1 ornament.. boo
  6. Makavien Augur

You know they have never really announced quests on the patch notes for as long as eq has been around .I have 2 plaques yes I tried to get a mage to log on so they could get their name on it but none did so 4 days later I completed it. And I wasn't even one of the first to learn about it I found out being in the serverwide eqresource non secret information channel which is available to anyone playing. You also still get the ornament I am pretty sure for completing it you just aren't the first.
  7. Cicelee Augur

This thread is making the following assumptions:

1. DBG devs/PR/employees were aware that Mistmoore was going Heritage at midnight on June 22.

2. Same individuals were aware there is a step in Epic Retelling where, in order to update, the player must zone into normal Mistmoore.

3. Same individuals are also aware that Heritage Mistmoore would not update the step in question.

4. Same individuals are aware the length time on the task is unlimited, only to fall off the task list either through (a) completion or (b) removal by said player.

Given these four *reasonable* assumptions, what was the thought process for releasing the Epic Retelling quest one week before it could not be completed by the majority of the players, especially when said majority were unaware of said quest and where the reward is an artifact?

I realize this thread may be merged with the other. I am hoping to focus more on the decision making process behind releasing the task a week ago, instead of the particulars of the task itself...
  8. Sancus Augur

I think your third assumption is questionable. Neither of us knows what the devs are or are not aware of, but my guess is they either thought it would update or simply didn't consider its HH status.
  9. Azlynx Elder

Everyone had a good shot at completing this. I didn't but once I saw server messages congratulating people I asked questions. I thought it was fun as heck. I'd try on another class but I'm lazy. Either way as long as people don't put out spoilers a lot of folks should be ok. Some are easier than others.
  10. EnchFWO Augur

Oh sweet jebus... I would at least hope so. Could you imagine the (continued) outrage if only 1 person per server was able to get it (esp. given the broken MM update right now)? :eek:
  11. EnchFWO Augur

Um, not really. Three of the classes haven't been figured out (and that's with people actively knowing) before the C*blk of HH-MM.

And the 'some are easier than others' comment is a vast understatement. AFAIK no Enchanter has managed to figure it out yet - and that's not even about posting spoilers- just the fact they did it confirming it exists. That's across multiple servers and guilds so if someone did pull it off they're violating Enchanter club which is to run your mouth about everything.
    roguerunner and RPoo like this.
  12. Azlynx Elder

I can dig it. But that is certainly a solid way to keep everyone on all servers from doing it quickly.
  13. Phynster2 Journeyman

i didn't find out about it til last night, and for some reason the servers weren't even letting me log on... so i went to do it today, hey guess what hh mm, now last year i did the epic request and HHMM did update, but not this year nope... and thats another thing... everyone complains about HHMM not updating epic request every year, so ya Devs are aware, they just didn't care
  14. Zynrael Lorekeeper

You do still get the ornament even if not the first
  15. Zulan Lorekeeper

Correction 2 classes, Server-wide first for Enchanters is now done... Well, I can't turn it in unfortunately but I have figured out the quest! Thank you for making it.

Edit: I did petition to record the time I completed it, being a serverwide -first, is there a way to guarantee the name on the wall.. Please?
  16. Zulan Lorekeeper

If you're still watching this forum Dev, I sent you a PM worth reading!
  17. Zulan Lorekeeper

The Enchanters has been figured out now.
  18. Savager Augur

Monk - [Mon Jun 20 16:09:53 2016] Seeing past the veils of history should make for a more interesting telling of this tale.
  19. EnchFWO Augur

Good to know it's working. I sure am getting sick of those tunnels though lol

Congrats to whoever figured it out!
    RPoo likes this.
  20. mmofosho Lorekeeper

Let me start off by saying that the epic retelling has been head-scratchingly fun over the last week trying to figure out the best way to retell the epic request. The ornaments, are, for the most part, fantastic, and the idea of giving away titles and plaques immortalizing the server firsts was a nice touch.

Also, people seem to enjoy hardcore heritage as it gives them the ability to attain some gear that is not always available, and line their pockets by selling some items.

Now, given that both the epic request, and hardcore heritage zones, have both been around for a few years, it should not have come as a surprise that (quietly) releasing the epic retelling a few days before its going to be blocked by mistmoore, was something to avoid.

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with daybreak's carelessness with things like this. I get excited by the proposition of new and exciting content, being server first, being the elite! and then being so let down by the execution, with broken content, hundreds of game-breaking bugs including those that set players back from winning raid races, and poor timing decisions that interrupt new content.

Introducing the epic retelling in such a hush hush way was terrible, as it allowed a small few who happened to notice it the advantage of racing to quickly get it done before other, equally capable players could.

And most importantly, introducing the retelling and then blocking it less than a week later so that 3 classes can't receive their server-firsts, not to mention all of the rest of the player base that's now aware of the quest, aren't able to complete it either, is ridiculous.

[IMG]

I am really and truly getting fed up with this. If it weren't for my immense love for the legacy of this game, I can honestly say I wouldn't be playing any more.
    Caell likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.