An Epic Retelling

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lancelove Augur

If find it funny (being a ranger) seeing the ranger weapon on the plaque is a bow.....ah the irony...
    Xanathol likes this.
  2. Makavien Augur

This was not true on the magician quest. I went off the previewed reward.
  3. Piemastaj Augur

'Your mastery over all aspects of the elements should make for a more interesting telling of this tale''

Came after completing the Magician part of the epic task. May or may not be required, but that does pop up at the end.
  4. Makavien Augur

I didn't get that one the second time of doing it maybe it gave me when I completed it for the 1.0 and just didn't see it. I had to do it once to unlock the achievement and once to complete So, maybe that's why it did not show it to me on the time that mattered.
  5. Nniki Augur

The message for bards:
    "Your flawless performance should make for a more interesting telling of this tale."

... although I can't see many failing the bard one.
  6. Iila Augur

Druid:
    The wisdom of your decisions and elusiveness of your travels should make for a more interesting telling of this tale.

Paladin:
    Edrick tells the group, 'Your resourcefulness in all things that make you a holy knight should make for a more interesting telling of this tale''

Wizard:
    Xeonje tells the guild, '[Mon Jun 20 01:02:20 2016] Amazingly, amidst all this madness, the strange group of people you've spoken to today should make for a more interesting telling of this tale.''

Shadow Knight:
    The story of a true Shadowknight should make for a more interesting telling of this tale.'
    Versifier, roguerunner and EnchFWO like this.
  7. Riou EQResource

Stealth added with patch, gotta check your achievements or luck in to finding/getting it :p
  8. Tour Augur

The cleric one still has rafts that are bugged. Despite being on the raft (both the first or second time you encounter it) it registers you as being in the water and "ports" you back to the shore. So you can't do the quest flawlessly. Unsure if that has any bearing on this achievement, but if perfect completion of the quest is required (raft included) than that may be an issue.
  9. Versifier Elder

Rogue:
    [Tue Jun 21 19:42:08 2016] The King of Thieves finding the Cazic-Thule Puppet should make for a more interesting telling of this tale.
  10. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Necro:
    [Tue Jun 21 13:58:22 2016] Walking in the footsteps of Miragul should make for a more interesting telling of this tale.
    Dzarn and Iila like this.
  11. EnchFWO Augur

It would sure be nice if all classes' versions of the task were instanced :mad: Can't have multiple Ench trying at the same time is frustrating to say the least...

Still no luck on the Enchanter version for me though! Hopefully someone else out there has made sense of the vague clue.
    RPoo likes this.
  12. SonofFulgrim New Member

Anyone figure out the Beastlord one yet?
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's funny how viral this thread became. I bet most 'Retelling' achievements were completed today.
  14. Riou EQResource

Yea zebrn on drinal and I think zurew? on firiona
  15. Makavien Augur

Hey Dzarn - Hardcore heritage mistmoore stopped allowing An Epic Retelling to update even for a non paladin.
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  16. Uuvin Augur

yep. confirmed Mackavien. Figured I would run thorugh cleric epic one more time before patch. no update in castle mistmoor.
  17. Uuvin Augur

ran through the cleric portion again. Figured I would set up in case MM was fixed. But once again I lack the understanding and empathy. I tried a few new things. I succeeded in getting across the buggy raft in one try (I figured something out about that). I explored all of solb, getting new emotes I never saw before and found a ground spawn which I used - to no avail. At the end, I received the same message as always :

[Wed Jun 22 06:10:51 2016] Though the pursuit of a loving god eventually drove him mad, you have a new understanding of Zordakalicus as a sympathetic creature. This will certainly be an interesting tale to retell...

not a 'more interesting' tale

and the task reward did not change from 1 aa.

good luck folks. maybe the patch will change it. I will have to spend/waste more hours later on it
  18. Aiar New Member

As uuvin said above, the Cleric one is bugged with the raft's between islands in Tim Deep. On my first try to board it, I got punted back to shore; same for the next 4 try's. The 5th Try, I DA'd myself and it worked. I stood in the same area and had no problems on that try. However, again if it is seeking perfection, then i'm not sure if the first 4 failed raft attempts will have any bearing on the quest or not. But I did not receive any text to indicate this was any different of a tail than the others told before.

Hope today's patch is to resolve it =D
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Details since new patch:

• Hardcore Heritage version of Castle Mistmoore still does not update task. No hotfix went in. (Doubt this will be an easy fix - each class' quest will probably need a lookover).
    • New weapon ornaments are lore. You can't dual wield them. Bonus: They have
      "Artifact" label! (At least server first).
    • No prefix or suffix titles for server first completion. (For now).
    • Names remain on plaque. (I was concerned that this patch could "wipe" them).
  20. Makavien Augur

The magician ornament is a little bugged.

[IMG]
    Brohg, Deillusional, Nniki and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.