An Epic Retelling

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmofosho Lorekeeper

I think it's a completely reasonable assumption that they SHOULD have known this. Knowing two things will be released in the same month, the team should have caught this. If this is a major issue, and should take priority to fix.

The fact that it was even an issue would be mind-blowing except that I lived through the TBM expansion.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Just add the ability to continue even in HH zones would make it a bit more challenging and fun.
  3. Zulan Lorekeeper

I haven't touched this game in a few years but this quest gave me the want to come back. I subbed again, and got the latest expansion... I'm the only enchanter on all the servers to figure out the quest, however it's bugged.

Here's my petition:

"Hello,
    I am the very first Enchanter on all servers to figure out the quest "An Epic Request" and I can not complete the task due to the new Castle Mistmoore zone update.

I understand that I may have to wait until July to finish the quest, but due to the significance of the quest, with the name going on the wall and being server first, serverwide -- is there anyway to guarantee that I can get my name on the wall still?"

The reponse:

"
    • Justin "Woebot" C. Today at 01:01
      Greetings Enchanter,

In order to continue with your task An Epic Request, you will need to wait for the Castle Mistmoore Hardcore Heritage event to conclude. Regrettably we are unable to guarantee that you will get your name on the wall. I apologize should this cause an inconvenience.

Sincerely,

GM Woebot
      "
    Depending on how they handle this situation determines if i continue playing this game or not since I don't really have much of an investment time wise into the game again. I'll definitely wait it out and try to do the update, but to literally be the first one who finishes it server wide, and be told sorry, nothing we can do wait it out is kinda bs.

To make things worse, I know of another petition that got approved, and they force updated the MM part of the task, and THEY SHOULD be doing this, it's something they're capable of.

My response to that GM, was just marked as "solved" with no follow up...
  4. Arcainos Augur

That's terrible. I've had several experiences recently where the GM claims to not be able to help, which is utterly untrue. Someone COULD help, but they're choosing not to.

Do you have screenshots Zulan?
  5. Zulan Lorekeeper

Yes, I submitted the screenshot of me sitting in MM with the task completed for all but that zone, and a preview of the reward open to show the weapon reward: Vision
  6. Sancus Augur

It's reasonable to say that they should have, but that's not an assumption. I think it is more likely that it was a mistake or overlooked than intentional.
  7. Iila Augur

You guys are attributing a lot of malice to what is more likely just a mistake. If HH-MM was hot-fixable, I'm pretty sure we would have gotten a fix in by today.
  8. EnchFWO Augur

They flat out said it wasn't hot-fixable and that they had other things going on so it wasn't a priority till the July patch. I guess some people just ignored that dev post.
  9. Zulan Lorekeeper

I think you both are missing the point, I'm okay with it no being hot patched and waiting until July, there should STILL be some kind of record of who completes it for the server first titles. especially for the server-wide first.
  10. Iila Augur

Yours makes sense, I was more talking about the ones who think Dzarn had a master plan to screw over a bunch of people.
  11. Cicelee Augur

Yes it was a mistake. In fact, several mistakes were made on this whole situation (little to no hype/mention to players, timing of release, not having HH Mistmoore able to be hotfix, etc). However these could have been easily avoidable. And the fact that what should have been a fun race has been reduced to the fastest internet connection/computer zone load times on July 21 at midnight (or whatever time it is) is simply cheap and lame.

However, I will say all of this pales in comparison to what Zulan said... if true. If GM's are allowing some players to bypass Mistmoore update and denying others, that is a serious favoritism issue that should anger players far far far more than your name on a wall in Felwithe....
  12. Daislet Augur

How many quests are there?

A huge proportion of the EQ population is basically locked out of these for next 6 weeks while a small minority have time to progress further and gain further achievements (server first artisan?)
  13. Vdidar Augur

You got Woebot Zulan. Your not getting anything now bud. Sorry but you can always know you figured it out first.
    Iila likes this.
  14. EnchFWO Augur

^This pretty much determines the fate of any petition.
    Vdidar likes this.
  15. Vdidar Augur

In Woebots defense customer service in this game is a joke. The devs have 0 foresight to what changes will do. It's almost like its government run. So very inefficient.
  16. Iila Augur

There's also a company policy against Devs fixing problems directly.
  17. Zulan Lorekeeper

I got Woebotted...
    I've been away awhile I didn't know that was a saying.
  18. Daislet Augur

The simplest fix is just to depop Lady Carolina AND the further quest giving NPCs until after HH finished.
    Zulan likes this.
  19. Vdidar Augur

Like I said it's a joke. You have a problem your on your own.
  20. Zulan Lorekeeper

You're probably right, that's the quickest fix to remove her from felwithe, and the one that makes the most sense. Good idea.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.