Agnars progression is too fast

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kanuvan, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Sdoofbuc Augur

I agree, this server is way to fast.

I want to grind for 10+ hours for 1% xp at level 5. I want AA's to take weeks if not years to get. I want death to mean something again; every death just straight up deletes your character.

Ohh... I also want all flagged and key zones open to everyone with a table at the zone in with all the best in slot gear ready for me to pick up the second I log in!
  2. Tachyon Augur

Is there going to be raid instancing on this server? I didn't see it mentioned in the announcement.
  3. Pikallo Augur

Yes, it was mentioned in the live stream.
  4. Taladir Augur

You ask this in every thread related to Agnarr.

And here's the answer. The information was out there, you just didn't put any effort in finding it.
  5. Communist Puppy Augur

I agree, 6 months classic, 1 year kunark+ like it was back in the day please. Make agnarr !
    Xanathol likes this.
  6. Chryos New Member

I agree that the progression timeframe of 12 weeks is not enough time. This is my last hurrah of coming back to experience EQ one last time. I was lucky in that this was decided by myself right as I see the news of a new server. I have alwayshad to play catch up in Everquest as I am sure many have. Please allow us some more time, especially Kunark, where we will be doing epic weapon quests. Epics are probably the biggest reason why people want to do this again. For the journey itself and not the final destination. 12 weeks will only simply rush what most of us want the most.
    Xanathol likes this.
  7. Chryos New Member

Well if it turns out to be that way, Daybreak will know because will will start to complain, and then Daybreak could address the issue again, and a vote can be made or something....I'm pretty sure in this case, Daybreak would work with us to provide us a solution. All you have to do is talk to people, be amazed at what you can accomplish if you ask nicely.
  8. Protocol Dragon Defender

We already did all of that, Phinny and Agnarr are how DBG addressed the fact that six month unlocks hurt server populations. They also addressed the fact that voting doesn't work because people vote for six months just so they can play two months a year without falling behind.
    Tudadar and snailish like this.
  9. snailish Augur

I'm okay with 12 weeks, though I would be fine with longer.

Epic 1.0 is still an accomplishment even at LDoN lock, as that is only 5 levels of power increase and depending on the level you are when you complete it... good chance of still using it (especially a purist that only loots/quests their own gear).
  10. snailish Augur

Voting in EQ has shown to be unsatisfactory all around, unless the goal is more posts on these boards of people upset at the way a vote went. Set the rules from the start. Leave it be, or make a dev-team side decision based on in game metrics (such as "is the population viable?)
    Tudadar and Protocol like this.
  11. Umul Augur

Trust me, you wont be playing catch up, at least to the capacity you are probably accustomed to. With pickzones and instances for raids, there will be a tremendous amount of additional loot floating around. If you play even moderately, with the exp rate stated to be that of Ragefire and instances/pick zones you'll be good to go in about ~a month. Plus you can always revisit any classic content, literally whenever you want, with instances. No socks, no rotations, no hoping X mob is up during your guilds raid time.
  12. malaki Augur

What they should do is have a server where it starts in classic but is capped at level 2 and raise the cap a level every couple of weeks. Then in 2 years after level 50 is unlocked, give the server about a year for everyone to get geared up and be ready for Kunark. It's the only way for someone that works 150 hours a week can keep up with all of the neckbeards.
  13. derty New Member

why have a progression server that ends a few expansions in anyway? Open the server at pop/ldon with no progression.
  14. Xanathol Augur

Yes they are, because with expansions unlocking some of the classic zones are changing. New PoM, CT, etc suck - my only interest in a 'do over' is to play in the original zones with the old drops. With this server being locked, this isn't one of the kiddie race servers and shouldn't be approached as such. The unlock times should be drastically increased.
  15. Trevalon Augur

Instancing changes the way the game is played IMO.

Prior to Ragefire/Lockjaw (Heck prior to Vulak/Fippy even) I was a huge advocate for a longer expansion TLP server. I have posted more times on it than probably almost any other thing on this forum. I was super happy when we won that debate and got LJ/RF with their longer unlocks. So when Phinny was announced at 12 week unlocks I was naturally upset. But the allure of instances raids and no boxing drew me to the server and I jumped.

Having now been in a raiding guild for every minute of this server (And my guild only raids 2 days a week compared to most guilds 3+) I can honestly say 12 weeks is plenty of time per expansion.

When your able to kill ALL the content eveyr single week over and over again you find that while it is fun to do, you get tired of it quicker. The content doesn't mean as much when you blow through it every single week and almost everyone in your guild is either decked out or mostly decked out in end-game gear. Then you add in guilds that split raid the content and it just becomes too much imo (As a side note to that, when I see OGC's split raid kills pop up It actually is a big reminder why I would never want to join a guild like that, but maybe I'm just weird compared to most)

So, with instanced content I think 12 weeks is plenty of time. My biggest gripe with Phinny has always been its slow EXP rate and while I think ultimately Agnarr will die of attrition, that isn't the point of the server. The point of Agnarr is to have fun doing the content yet again, and I love me some classic. With the RF/LJ EXP rate, well that makes the idea of playing on Agnarr much more desirable.

Truth be told I was hoping that Agnarr was going to be a Phinny clone but 8 week schedule with faster EXP than LJ/RF. I honestly think 8 week's per expansion is plenty of time on an instanced server.
  16. Potsos76 Augur

This is me as well. If Agnarr was a Phinny clone with faster exp, it would literally be perfect. Alas. I will be there though on day one, because just the allure of faster exp and instances is too much to pass on, even with the new pick system reducing the fun.
  17. nagash101 Augur

yes, it was mentioned in the live steam.
  18. nagash101 Augur

12 weeks to unlock each of the expacs, Classic, Kunark, Velious, Luclin and PoP-Yak then LDoN. That is about a year to hit LDoN right? That seems pretty fast to me. If they did stretch it out a bit with 16 weeks per expansion it would be almost a year and a half. That seems pretty reasonable to me. If they did 16 weeks and locked it all at OoW with 16 week unlocks we would see almost two years of progressions before the locked expansion hits. One year of progress vs 2 years of progress and i am guessing that they will retain more sub with a two year progression schedule.
  19. Gemini Syringes Augur

I am genuinely fascinated by people will this opinion. Like... how? Right now, with 50% experience bonus and a 25% bonus pot, I'm getting a little less than 1% regular experience for a yellow con kill at 56. That's too fast? I don't understand.
  20. Gnomey Journeyman

.....2017....when Everquest players think it is reasonable to grind through 56 in a couple hours.