Agnars progression is too fast

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kanuvan, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Brunlin Augur

Who ever said the goal was to get to lock as fast as possible? The goal is to progress at a certain amount of time and than to stop at a certain spot. No one ever said as fast as possible. To be honest though I dont have a problem with 12 weeks. I dont have a problem with 16 weeks either. I think the best progression would be allow the same amount of time in between expansion as it took the original servers to get those expansions the first time around. For example: Eq was released in march 16, 1999. Kunark was released April 24th 2000, so 13 months 8 days. Velious was released in December 5th, 2000. So 7 more months 19 days, etc etc etc. I would be ok with this too. Just remember however long it takes to get to lock afterwards there will not be anymore unlocking. Even at 12 weeks unlocks it will take a year to get to POP and that if the 12 week rule still applies 18 months to LDON. Thats a long time in todays mmo world.
  2. Basak Augur

It may have just been the Glooming Deep, but I left and started Field of Bone and it is better rate than in the tutorial (aka less gained)
  3. Brunlin Augur

I actually like classic and dont mind being on just classic for 3-6 months or even longer. I like Kunark, Velious, POP as well, but I am in no hurry to get there. Like I said earlier though I am also ok with it just being 12 weeks. I am just glad they are finally doing this server.
    Grisnkh likes this.
  4. Rhodz Augur

Bah just open it at LDoN and leave it there, the entire progression idea has become a millstone around their necks and it is time to think outside the box they have erected around themselves.
    By now is there anyone that has not worn Classic out at least once?
    Most people came to EQ after SoV and there was plenty to do in the old world plus the earlier xpaks.
    In fact the run from SoV-SoL-PoP-LDoN was considered EQ's best time and we are talking up to a year for a new xpak to hit.
    So why are unlocks such a problem if it was not a problem back then?
    It was after all a far better game at PoP than it was at launch, far far better.
  5. Sillyfish Elder

Not everyone shares your opinion on when the game was better. The numbers of people who play on the progression servers at launch clearly proves that.

There's nothing wrong with you wanting a server that unlocks at this period. Far from it. But there would have to be a large number of like-minded people who also wanted to start at and enjoy that content level before Daybreak would even consider it.

I also disagree that the Progression server dynamic is a 'millstone'. It's made them millions of dollars and shows no signs of stopping anytime soon. I am one of many who is thankful for this.
  6. nagash101 Augur

7. Rhodz Augur

Well I am open to being wrong but dont see it yet.
    While not everyone may share my opinion it is based on what so many people say after some time in Classic... We are bored - Too many players not enough space - Cant play my preferred race or class -Too many farmers in good camps - Please release xpak blah - etc etc etc
    If you were right this would not be true since it is true you cannot be correct.

I dont want a server that unlocks and then progresses at some random interval I want a server where the unlocks are unknown if ever and done for the benefit of DBG as they see fit. If it stayed in LDON for a year I wouldn't care, game is plenty big at that point. But the main thing is start in PoP. Wont work? Do not tell P99 that... how long in SoV?

Has DBG polled anyone if they want to do Classic again? No they just assumed it and think inside the box they made. Frankly how many times do you want to do Classic, I mean it is on EVERY server in the list...

How much money DBG makes off TLPs is unknown and I highly doubt millions are involved given the average TLP ballpark has at best 1500 players the first month ($25k minus some substantial expenses), 1000 ($15k etc you get it) the next maybe 800 the next then it levels out somewhat but fully half the players are long gone before PoP with half of those gone a few months later. Or worse
    Of course krono sales are also unknown but if it doubled the monthly figure with so many out there unredeemed at this point I would be surprised.

All these excited players throwing money at DBG busting a gut to play only to run smack into the game at it's lowest point, the beginning, and then substantial numbers leaving before it gets really good.
    Millstone my friend