Admit the mistake, redo poll, delay all this for 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Templeton, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skipper Augur

But they did get exactly what they wanted and that is a server on a six month time line. Their problem is they didn't want the majority to get their three month server and it is driving them nuts. This is absurd to the ultimate extreme.

Again, you are point on. I am the same and feel the same. I cannot understand their mindset thinking they deserve something that others have to work for, but feel they shouldn't have to.
    Porygon likes this.
  2. Sinzz Augur

no wonder mom keeps ya'll locked in the basement id get sick of the whining as well !
  3. Mad_Mikey Elder

If I could like this post 100 times I would
    Porygon likes this.
  4. Slasher Augur

Seasonal ruleset would of been awesome.
  5. Slasher Augur

You're suppose to be experiencing as close to the original EQ as possible. Guess what this is what happen in 99.
  6. Vaclav Augur

I can guarantee there wasn't 500+ people contending this content one month into ANY server in 99.

You may want to familiarize yourself with the term "orders of magnitude"
    Slasher likes this.
  7. Sinzz Augur

I think max log in i ever saw on one server was 1500
  8. Glistarian Augur

So the way the poll was run and interpreted was just incompetent. Well, I really did try to give you guys the benefit of the doubt there, but you made it impossible to do so.
  9. Vaclav Augur

Precisely my point - 200-300 was the normal high end population on most servers in Classic in my experience. And even that's less than dev quoted back then! (around 15% of people had a character set foot into the planes was a Kunark launch quote)

Here we've likely got at least 1k people raiding the Planes.
    lalaloup and Sinzz like this.
  10. Lifebane Augur

This split is exactly what we needed. People only complain when they don't get their way. On behalf of the rest of the community who is now silent.. thank you for the great solution:)
  11. Symbius Augur

That right there should sum up just how awful the Dev team is now by thinking a Seasonal type of server is still a good idea even after it got slaughtered in the initial vote.

New ideas are great, but knowing when a new idea is complete garbage is what will make or break you.
  12. Sinzz Augur

yeah I mean honestly I started in kunark and never saw any plains till velious had launched and you are right I think bristlebane at that time was around 800 players I think the high end of 1500 was around the time the sleeper was finally killed not sure when that was but I do remember the login was huge.
  13. Tarrin Augur

I have no clue how you drew your conclusion from his statement. Are you just looking for reasons to complain?
  14. drew0987654 Augur

I imagine a seasonal server would work like this though: as soon as content for 1 xpac is beaten, on to the next one. until it's all finished. that would get the most competitive people's attention. less of them on lj, happier you.
  15. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Do it! Please!
  16. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Negative. Incoming players choosing to move get the x in a conflict. These servers are only about a month old and Ragefire had a week headstart. There is absolutely no reason players on Lockjaw who started day one should have their names overridden by people opting to move there.

If your name is taken on the server you want to move to, then consider that before you decide to move.
    MBear and Fallfyres like this.
  17. Weverley Augur

Can u imagine how many guild move from ragefire to lockjaw when the 2nd server open.So why u don't tell your guild to move too and if your friends are real friend they gonna follow you.That's what communities do.So instead of complaining start convincing the people you care about and your guild that's the right thing to do.Did you know that DHS, Faceless and Ascending darkness started in Ragefire and when Lockjaw was announced convince their people to move to lockjaw.So why can't u convince yours to do the same.
  18. Symbius Augur

It's pretty simple. He said if they did what they wanted it would be a Seasonal server. Why would they still have wanted that type of server if they didn't think it was a good idea?
  19. Zinth Augur

you did write that 6 months won by a far margin on BOTH servers... keep them at 6 months... problem solved, you get what you want and we don't have to live through the havoc you want to create with free transfers...

say: NO TO TRANSFERS
    Friday and Tharrg like this.
  20. Gregolo Augur

Why do you find it impossible to understand the difference between a poll and a vote?

A large group of people wanted 0-3 months
    A large group of people wanted 6 months

Group A gets one server Group B gets another.

There's no legitimate reason to deny people transfers. That's why, despite all your moronic rambling DBG is going to be giving transfers to people that want to be on the server that reflects their interests. Try all you might, but you have no say in this matter.

Everyone wins, except people with the reasoning capacity of a walnut. Stop being a walnut.

Disclaimer: People who have to pick between their friends and the ruleset they desire, they don't win. But I omitted that because well, what other option is there?
  21. Rauven Augur

I wouldn't mind this.

Is there a way you could give us a teaser on how such a server would go? Like what sort of rulesets there could be?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.