Admit the mistake, redo poll, delay all this for 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Templeton, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heilena Augur

Complete trash response.

If you gave 2 rats butts about the masses you would already have instanced RAID targets so that the few can not e block in a pve world.
    Friday and Rhiyannon like this.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

Have you released any more information on exactly what a seasonal server would entail?

Would it literally be exactly like a TLP, except it would unlock new expansions instantly upon completion of prerequisites (i.e. could happen in days or a week per expansion)? What would be the victory conditions, both per expansion and overall?

It sounds like mage petting isn't as useful on Classic raid targets, but would you do anything about mage pets X6 for the purposes of xping fast? Would there be any instancing on a seasonal challenge server or would it be a completely valid tactic to use content blocking to keep other guilds down, especially in PoP?
  3. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

All of the above are a direct result from them failing to learn the lessons from TLP 2.0. All of them are a case of treating the symptoms and not curing the disease. If they would have announced and launched with 2 servers the population would have been more evenly split across the 2, removing the requirement for most of the above. If there is a TLP 4.0, I expect them to make the same mistakes again...
  4. Kahna Augur

The people currently on Lockjaw gave up everything to move there. Literally everything, social connections, gear, characters, everything. Just because they did it 4 weeks ago doesn't mean they didn't do it. Now you want to waltz in and take the names of people who are already established in the community because you didn't think to reserve the name 4 weeks ago? And you think we should welcome you with open arms? I mean it's not like we even had the option of getting a name before RF did, since the server didn't even exist. If 6 months means that much to you pick another name.
    MBear and Fallfyres like this.
  5. Skipper Augur

You did the best thing you could do for the majority of TLP players. Ignore the hate.
    Tarrin likes this.
  6. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Why should the people that moved to LJ when it launched pay any price? It is not their fault either and I also have to state it is not a forced move, you do have a choice in the matter.

I believe the criteria for a merge was that existing names on the server that was being merged into had priority? It has been a very long time since my original EQ server (Solusek Ro) was merged into other servers so I cannot be sure without digging my way through my archived emails, and that is simply not worth the effort.
  7. Tarrin Augur

I didn't know you were being forced to move...and not merely choosing to move to the server you prefer.
  8. Templeton Augur

Do you mean me specifically, or are you taking broad stabs at 'casuals' in general here? Just FYI, I am not casual by my definition... I play a lot and I raid. You mean because I am not in a specific guild and I don't poop sock or box army? Is that the only definition of 'hardcore' now?

Right, well, moving this out of the playground of telling each other to 'grow up', let's look at what you say...

We all got a progression server. This wasn't catering to any one section of the player base.

Did the poll winners get the prog server that they had paid to play though? Apparently not. DBG recognise this, otherwise we wouldn't even be talking about transfers.

I did? Casuals did? Again we all did. This wasn't catering to any one section of the player base.

I did? Casuals did? We all did. This wasn't catering to any one section of the player base.

How does ensuring that there is enough real estate for a hugely overcrowded server to play the game that they are subbing for 'make it easier'?

This was due to mass overcrowding because of incredibly high server load, nothing to do with casuals. Casuals requested, on the whole, instanced raids with lockouts. Casuals were told that they have no right to the raid targets though, so I guess they weren't catered to here either.

A poll that was, in the end, used to tell the 6 monthers on RF to like it or . Yeah, this was casuals really catered for again... Damn those casuals, getting everything.

So... yeah... Your post was great.
    Friday, Wenjer, Jezzie and 1 other person like this.
  9. Templeton Augur

Why should anyone?

The fact is that there is a price to be paid though. Spreading that cost a little thinner might actually be a good thing.
  10. Protocol Dragon Defender

You should go ahead and cancel the transfers.
  11. Tharrg Augur

Well said.... us casuals are given everything
  12. Warlorf Augur

This is ridiculous. No vote will ever be ok for drama queens
    Skipper likes this.
  13. Tharrg Augur

well if the results are ignored I agree.. But yes if the vote was kept with winner being 6 months you would have people complain.. but I really dont think it would be as bad as it is now... they litterally told us you voted wrong we are going this way.
  14. Warlorf Augur

It wasn't wrong, everyone KNEW how the final count would be tallied up yet it's violins everywhere
    Skipper likes this.
  15. Tarrin Augur

That is not what they told us at all.
  16. Porygon Augur

Listen. You're one of those people, that are just going to complain and commission until you get your way.

Get over the casual statement. It's true. A casual player doesn't deserve to see the same content as someone who plays harder.

I'm casual, I'm not in a guild that has killed anything remotely raid worthy.
    I don't have a problem with this statement because it's true.

You're given 2 perfectly suitable options. Play 6 months unlock or 3 months. Stop whining about the outcome because you didn't get exactly what you wanted.

And this is directed at EVERYONE on this forums. You would think the majority of the player base of a sixteen year old game would be more mature, instead all we have is people that whine and cry....It's sad. Really.
    MBear, Mad_Mikey and Skipper like this.
  17. Shmef Augur

rage started how many days before lockjaw? no one on lockjaw would win against a duplicate name. if they considered something like this it would have to be based on time the server started to time of char creation.

if anyone is considering moving servers now would be an ideal time to at least check if names are already take on your future server.
  18. Blankslate Elder

Just the opposite. This isn't even close to a merge. Not remotely.

If you don't want to transfer, don't. If you decide to, you can't lay claim to your name if it's already legitimately in the hands of a paying player. Thinking otherwise is just .... dolt.
    Skipper likes this.
  19. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I have given yall some flak over communication the last couple days, and I've had my questions about the poll too, but gonna nod sagely and say all of these are good points. Well stated.
  20. Jezzie Augur

If I were you, I'd tell them to get off your server!
    Porygon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.