Admit the mistake, redo poll, delay all this for 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Templeton, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slambit Journeyman

or you could just let the winning vote, win, both stay on 6 months.
    Templeton, Tharrg and Zinth like this.
  2. Gregolo Augur

I'll pass. I like using my brain.

Proper way
    2 servers, 2 rulesets. Everyone wins.

Your way
    2 servers, 1 ruleset. Aprox 50% win.

My way is about 100% better than yours.

QED
  3. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Those that originally moved to LJ have already paid more of a price than those that will move with the free transfers, so no, it is not a good thing for them. You could have reserved your names on LJ, you did not, therefore the name is not really that important to you.
  4. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Everyone "knew" how the vote would be tallied? How did everyone "know" that? Please provide a link to a post from the dev's from prior to the vote explaining how it would be tallied.
  5. Nolrog Augur

I think the devs would have been well served to explain it exactly like that actually.
  6. Warlorf Augur

Mez don't get all smart. There were several threads / posts that stated that the final tally would be done in this fashion. The onus isn't on me to provide the links. Search yourself. May want to play the violin a little too, you seem sour
  7. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I don't recall seeing any threads saying how it would be tallied from prior to the post by Aristo, if there are any, then please provide them, I will certainly then retract my objections as to how the poll was tallied.

Alas, I don't play the violin, I could try improvising with one of my many guitars, banjo or even mandolin, but I am not sure the effect would be quite the same....
    Warlorf likes this.
  8. Tharrg Augur

Also I question how many people were not allowed to vote. The rules for voting were very clear at the start of the server. Was that also done for this poll? Only people that were over level 30 got to vote. The majority of players knew they had 6 months so they were taking their time. Does this mean They got left out of the vote... because they were taking their time. was that fair?
  9. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

On this latest poll, anyone over level 10 had the chance to vote, this was confirmed by the devs.
  10. Tharrg Augur

People also forget that there was a 4th option..... No preference... so what would happen if you added those votes to the 6months.. since they were fine with 6month? would that give 6months a majority? Daybreak should give us the numbers... how many voted for each of the 4 options..
    Templeton and Fallfyres like this.
  11. Storytimebros Elder

Why is there 2 servers with the same rule set if we are going to divide up the population? Sounds like there should of been 2 different rule sets from the beginning to offer the choice where to play. Why were we forced to play on a server where the rules changed only after a month? Was there a point to even have voting if the plan was to split up casual and hardcore all along? I have a prediction according to what is really going on here. Magefire is going to turn into a seasonal voting server where content is cleared, the fastest unlock possible will happen there. CasualJaw will have the longest time before each unlock and vote. They will get stuck in content so long, that some will reroll on it just to grief others for sheer boredom of no competition as well as make Krono profits. Magefire will ask for a server merge or free transfers, when they get stuck in instanced content and have no recruits to keep them progressing. Magefire will keep progressing faster because the more skilled players will end up staying there. CasualJaw will end up being stuck in content for a long time. If it does make it to instanced content they will be stuck even longer, because of too many bad players in instanced content.
    Templeton likes this.
  12. Fallfyres Augur

---------

Would that they had not blown like reeds in the seawind and done exactly what you say INSTEAD of having a three pronged obfuscated 'poll' without publicly announcing it would be 'interpreted' --- which also would have given players a framework with which to at least expect DBG's "adjustment" to the two servers rulesets....yet again.

http://cdn.instructables.com/FHL/PO62/G145SYRA/FHLPO62G145SYRA.LARGE.jpg
  13. Templeton Augur

But then the 'hardcore' players that have the dev's ear would complain. That can't be allowed. Best to hit the 'casuals'. DBG assume that you aren't here for long anyhow so would rather lose you than them.
  14. Fallfyres Augur

------------
    Completely straight face: *High-fives Storytimebros
    ------------------
    Frickkin snarky look: Hey DBG....ya think Storytimebros is publicly stating what should have easily been considered for Plan A??????? I know CN gave you the impossible focking task...goddess I wish some other entity had bought the franchise. Frickkin SHAME. Thanks for your hard work devs. Your experience and figuring things out is the ONLY reason the game is STILL AFLOAT. Yes, we do know that. Just so damned frustrated, really.
  15. Templeton Augur

Ahh the mysterious 4th Option, yes...

I would love to see the actual numbers across the board.
  16. Templeton Augur

You have asserted it Warlof, the onus IS on you to support it. Otherwise you are just hot air blowing empty claims.

If you aren't too busy constantly attacking others personally that is.
  17. Skipper Augur

You are so wrong. Anyone that was level 10 could participate in this information gathering poll.

Oh, you were told by MANY on this forum and in the game how this information would be used, but you still choose to ignore it.
  18. Tharrg Augur

I never saw it stated anywhere what level you had to be. But The new question.. what happened to the 4th options votes? Where are the votes for the 4th option? Those didnt get added to the 6month and these players were content to leave it as it is. I demand we know what happened to their vote. [IMG]
    Templeton likes this.
  19. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Actually, while I don't care for the way he puts it, he does have a point. Seeing the numbers going into Ragefire launch and knowing that there are always people who prefer faster unlocks and people who prefer slower we all would have been better served, including them, if they had just launched two servers with two rulesets from the beginning.
  20. Finwen Augur

I am only a simple, scum of the Earth casual that doesn't deserve to play this game, but I personally feel they did the right thing by splitting the servers. It's unfortunate for the people that won't be able to keep names and guilds, but there are always new guilds/friends to be made. At the very least, they are allowing free server transfers for those willing to make the change instead of forcing them to re-roll entirely. It could have been worse.
    Katmandu26 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.