Account to Account Character Transfer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Belkar_OotS, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Mossaa Augur

One reason that it will never happen is 999 items from expansions. They sell old expansion items to those that missed them for real cash. So if you could load up a toon with a full set off 999 items and move, then sell it. Then DB would never earn money on selling old stuff. And the seller off 999 items would get rich. So if they do it I guess move naked toons. No hirelom bags, mounts, illusions or port items + items I forgot
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Not if moving a character cost more than the claim items.
    cadres likes this.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

It was always a manual process and my first thought was that they have decided to allocate that time elsewhere (as in the time of a hired individual), but I think you are more correct on the billing info access. Stuff like that has become increasingly restricted in every company. Verifying the billing info matches on 2 accounts would open up so many exploitable holes in the whole payments system. Plus, they might have their payments processed by a different company which would further remove it from being able to to be scrutinized.

As much as I wish I could consolidate my accounts into one, I keep finding value in having them separate, too (and not for 2-boxing content).
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Just annoying i got a 116 shm on my mage account and would like to move shm to one of my trader accounts so i can buff up my char's but looks like i need to start fresh probably get a 100 heroic toon when they come out and then to level it up more just time consuming be nicer with a transfer.
  5. Montag Augur

This fixed yet?
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is something that they said isn't going to be done again and there is nothing to fix.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Nothing they say matters at all.
    Fenthen and Kaenneth like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they ever bring in the Legecy chars on Oakwynd I would hope they bring back the account to account transfers.
  9. Animosity Elder

DBG stated a few years ago that they will no longer offer account to account transfers. That the only person who knew/did it, left the company.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

There is as much reason in /claim items to have account to account transfers, but still not enough to spend the money/time to have this feature investigated and reinstated in the current, ever so much more bloated than the past, game.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not gonna happen
  12. FYAD Augur

yes, but not in the way you're expecting
  13. Warpeace Augur

Yes, its fixed. Go ahead and give it a try.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

I just did it. IT works!
  15. Sabby New Member

I have a few characters I’d like to switch accounts, or move 4 to a new account/accounts
    Fenthen and Alarya like this.
  16. Mesil Lorekeeper

What works now and how?
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

IT

Hint: I'm joking. Kids sick, crummy day, lame joke time, apologies all around, etc. But, the IT part relates to a computer issue that found a solution today.
    Rijacki likes this.
  18. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

My computer-related issue from last night was I had been plugging into the wrong router that I'm testing :) I tried IT (plugging into the correct one), and IT worked like a champ.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

PICNIC

Problem In Chair Not In Computer.
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Shredd Augur

I wish we could have transfer