A Message From the Team about Phinigel XP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fhiele Augur

I do about 4% an hour unbuffed. If I buy some 4 hour potions(regen/haste/xp), I'd expect to see considerably better results while soloing, maybe as much as 8%. I can't solo entrance mobs in the Hole. I can solo Sol B Kobolds. I can't solo Sonic Bats.
  2. code-zero Augur

Here's your strategy,

melee-> Press Autoattack, get in position, grab a snack

caster-> target, mash one spell button,

etc.

Classic EQ has no strategy, if there was anything at all involved in playing then the "social aspects" of the game wouldn't appear as for the most part people have plenty of time to just chat about every boring thing that floats to the top of their mind. It's not bad enough that the gameplay is a snoozefest but you have to endure a constant spam of conversation that bores you to tears as well
  3. Baldur Augur

What out of era zone was added?
  4. vardune Augur

Those exp pots hardly help. What helps is a full group and just enjoying the game. Play to have fun not to grind to 50.
  5. vardune Augur

Or they are just being nice and people should stop . I dont understand all the complaintling. If you dont like Phinigel exp stop playing there, most of us on that server like the exp rate. We actually get to experience a full zone for a couple days and group. You can actually quest for stuff and get exp while you do it without leveling so fast the content becomes grey.
  6. vardune Augur

You are so wrong. Its slower to level and it unlocks faster. It is also the highest population of ALL the EQ servers. It is working and it is by far the best TLP they have released. No mistakes were made i think the formula was well thought out. It will keep people leveling and engaged for alot longer the BoringJaw and MageFire.
  7. vardune Augur

Get a group.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You must not raid on TLP. Every single fight is a tank and spank with an ability or two at most (dt, fear, AE dd/dot, dispel, ch), and it'll be some expansions to go before that changes substantially - NToV, VT, PoP maybe? Even with mitigation of the mighty there's really nothing challenging or unique about the content currently available on RF/LJ/Phin.

You're not wrong about live being too mashy in general, and I absolutely love classic era content for a variety of other reasons/nostalgia/class balance, but let's not pretend that slaying bosses (raid) or names (group) on TLP right now requires "more strategy" and is somehow rocket science compared to live raids of the last decade+.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Captiin New Member

Oldschool EQ was not built around every class being able to solo to 50 in a week. If you want to solo pick a class that can root rot or quad kite. If you want the crazy game breaking experience you need to group, dungeons have experience mods and groups give exp bonus per person, it makes for a very easy game even with phinnys exp rate.
  10. Aurmoon Augur

You're nuts if you think there is more strategy in classic EQ than there is in Live. On Fippy in Veil of Alaris the final event has three unique phases. The first phase has emote compliance, up to 8 relics to simultaneously dps, while tanking the boss, mezzing, dpsing then charming adds, all while dealing with a rotating set of effects that hit the raid. Beyond the macro strategy of determining which groups will do what, how, and when, there is also the micro strategy of when to burn, when to peel off your target and help someone else falling behind, when to burn (and how to create synergy with other group mates), etc. This is just one event of many in the modern game that offers a unique set of raiding challenges and mechanics.

It will be a couple years before any sense of strategy is introduced on Phinny. The closest thing you have is a raid or two in Luclin and PoP where you need to offtank adds or balance DPS.
    Sheex and code-zero like this.
  11. jiri_ Augur

You are the guy who DIMPS designed Dragon Ball: Xenoverse for. I've been searching for ages to find the customer they were trying to appeal to, and you're it. I feel like I've glimpsed a yeti stalking the snow fields of Tibet.
  12. Detheb Augur

Honestly, if you think there is more strategy in classic than post omens, you must have just always played a cleric or something.

There isn't much interesting content until PoP, and even that is generally just something dumb(Zek splits, adds, etc). It doesn't get really interesting until, Inktu`ta maybe? After that, there is some pretty taxing content. Demi-Plane is still one of the best designed end-game zones ever. Every event is unique and the majority of them are challenging to some degree. Thinking about it, there is almost more unique raid designs in Demi-Plane than there are in every expansion up to DoDH.

This stuff is easy man.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. nostalgicfool Augur

So you spent 3 hours 20 mn for a SINGLE level, killing the very same mobs ? And this with a huge xp bonus ... it would have been 7 hours with no bonus and on top you had to group ...

This quite explains why everquest is a failed game : Time sink, repetition, 99% of the fights that require almost no strategy and not even tactical gameplay, unbalanced classes ...
  14. GrugSA Augur

The Hole wasn't part of classic. The specific reason for it being added for RF/LJ was to give players better XP spots 45-50ish. Just shows you how much thought was put into the XP change.

NO and NO

If you don't like people expressing opinions different then yours on these forums stop posting here.

Sounds like you're gonna love spending 70+ hours at juggs to do 57-60.001 during Kunark.

You should be complaining about the quest XP then. Phinny currently gives the same quest XP as live.
  15. Healiez Augur

The exp this weekend felt perfect. The levels were going by at a decent enough pace it didnt feel like a complete drag through them, but not so fast that I was like well glad I came to this zone to exp, now im too high.

Right now (in my opinion) the exp feels a bit slow without some form of bonus... With a 25% pot it feels "better" but not where it needs to be. Double might be a BIT much, but I think a 50% increase over what im getting now would be perfect.
    nostalgicfool and Fhiele like this.
  16. Bewts Augur

Troll on nostalgicfool, troll on. I enjoy this game for many reasons. The grind is still a bit of a badge of honor to get to max level, even if it is short lived on TLP.
  17. Viersa Journeyman

Not gonna lie, I quit on Phinny because the xp was awful and low level groups are hard to be found. If they wanted to tier it and make like 1-30 faster and then 31-50 slower that'd be one thing, but as it is the barrier of entry into Phinny is too high unless you want to solo a *lot*.
    nostalgicfool likes this.
  18. Nolrog Augur

It's not the fact that they are expressing a different opinion. It's the fact that they are trying to change a very successful ruleset because they don't like it when there are other alternatives for them that will meet their preferences. When someone says "Devs can you just admit the XP is wrong and fix it" is far more than just expressing an opinion.
  19. Venthos Augur

I love this. I love this so hard. It's like you've never played EQ before Phinigel. It's really, really adorable. *scruffles your hair* d'awwww.

While I only have about 2% confidence in Brad McQuaid's ability to deliver on Pantheon, I sincerely hope someone develops what equates to EverQuest w/new graphics. Same time investment requirements as original, same socialization, and most importantly the same The Vision(tm) standpoint where they wholesale tell the community to screw off over major gameplay elements and keep with their design.

The quickest way to kill a game, ANY game, is to consistently listen to their player base. There's a time and place to taking input, but if you let the player base drive development and decisions, the game will nose dive into the ground so fast your head will spin. DayZ is a great recent example of this phenomena. Current gaming culture gravitates any and every game to move as close to the mobile phone genre style of play as permitted. Meaning, they want to be able to login for 15 minutes at a time, solo, and feel accomplished. That's pretty much the antithesis of EverQuest from early 1999 to early 2000s, but it slowly creeps towards that with folks like nostalgicfool and they fight to force it upon TLP servers.
  20. Rauven Augur

Yet you'll play a modern MMORPG. Get to Max level in a week or less. And do a dungeon once a week due to lockout timers. Playing a game 3 hours a week sounds great.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.